StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Europe

Notices and Announcements

Europe Issues of modern Europe. .

Old 15 Jan 11, 08:13
General
EU
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Metryll has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Luck View Post
Yeah, it's all our fault the whole thing is a corrupt, inefficient, dictatorial, bureacratic pile of sh*te. If we weren't in it .. it would run like a smoothly oiled machine with all that French and German efficiency at the helm.

You mean like the Euro? You know that smoothly oiled common currency with all that French and German efficiency at the helm, that the UK isn't even in! Yep, that's a real good example of the EU at its finest, a shining beacon of just how well the continentals can run things
You rant against EU and when someone say to you 'do what you want', you rant again.
Old 15 Jan 11, 08:23
Lieutenant General
Wales

Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600]
Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metryll View Post
You rant against EU and when someone say to you 'do what you want', you rant again.

That ain't a rant. That's not even close to a rant That's just pointing out the truth - you know, that thing you tend to overlook.

You can post your anti UK BS all you like, and spin it any way you want .... but it don't change the truth. Facts are facts - and the facts are there for all to see.
Old 15 Jan 11, 08:32
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
How EU prevent you to withdrawn ? Make a referedum, win it and we'll both follow our path as we wish.
A couple of years ago UKIP put forward a bill in the EU parliament that would force all countries to have a referendum on the adoption of the Lisbon treaty.

Guess what happened to it?

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 15 Jan 11, 08:33
Lieutenant Colonel
France
5 Year Service Ribbon 

asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300] asterix is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
You can post your anti UK BS all you like, and spin it any way you want .... but it don't change the truth. Facts are facts - and the facts are there for all to see.

From someone who posted a video on another thread.....your claims of having "truth" and "facts" is to be treated with utmost skepticism.

Just reviewed the thread to find supposed "anti-UK BS"...found none.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Last edited by Listy; 15 Jan 11 at 08:39..
Old 15 Jan 11, 08:36
Private
UK

steve1456 is on the path to success [1-99]
hi the reason most people dislike it is they see no benefit to them and there isnt all the good things to the average uk citizen were got rid of by M THATCHER thats why she got a rebate ! she made sure that there is no free medical care in EU we are treated like an alien hence we do not have EURO ID card hence if we go to EUROPE we have to register with police just like a refuge would why because a EUROPEAN id card is not an identity card it is a right of residence were as a passport is an id document thatcher therefore made it entirely different for anyone coming to britain than us going the other way round all the money that should be paid into EUROPE medical /welfare has been rebated back and given to the rich in tax rebates .This is my answer based on history ask yourself why do we need to register /why do we need to take out medical insurance if you came to uk from europe you would not need it!
Sponsored Links

Old 15 Jan 11, 08:37
Colonel
Ireland
5 Year Service Ribbon 

E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200] E.D. Morel is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKPLACE View Post
The EU began and suprisingly worked when it was purely trade related. The moment poiticians got involved they (expletetive deleted ) it up.
Agreed
Quote:
Yeah, it's all our fault the whole thing is a corrupt, inefficient, dictatorial, bureacratic pile of sh*te. If we weren't in it .. it would run like a smoothly oiled machine with all that French and German efficiency at the helm.

You mean like the Euro? You know that smoothly oiled common currency with all that French and German efficiency at the helm, that the UK isn't even in! Yep, that's a real good example of the EU at its finest, a shining beacon of just how well the continentals can run things
French efficiency

The problem is that the EU/EEC was set up as a love-in between France and Germany. Both countries want to be in charge and both countries suffer from a national arrogance (greater than the general arrogance which is ubiquitous amongst nations) which makes them believe that everyone else is inferior and so should be happy to be lead.

The EU without Britain is not a European organisation; it is Germany and France exerting their influence over their neighbours. If the policies that suit them also suit other countries then that just a happy coincidence.

In my opinion the EU needs the UK just as much as the UK needs the EU. Thatís not to say that the EU as currently constituted wants the UK, as it is currently run for the benefit of two countries that favour big government and a maternalistic state who resent countries with lower taxes and a greater emphasis on personal freedom and self reliance. The problem is that the current model is unsustainable and the only thing that will change it is the UK in the middle of things stirring things up. At the moment the UK is like the guy on the sideline refusing to play but still giving out about how the game is being played.
Old 15 Jan 11, 08:40
UK
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post
From someone who posted a video on another thread.....your claims of having "truth" and "facts" is to be treated with utmost skepticism.

Just a note:
I'll admit I've been a bit lax on language up until now. So fair warning Things are getting heated and so I'll be stomping on any bad language I spot from here on in. Please just use the censored smiley.

Of course there shouldn't really be a need for such language.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 15 Jan 11, 08:50
Lieutenant General
Wales

Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600]
Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600] Tuck's Luck is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post
From someone who posted a F*uckFrance video on another thread.....your claims of having "truth" and "facts" is to be treated with utmost skepticism.

That video was posted on a thread where anti American, anti UK videos were posted. it was a thread specifically about that kind of propaganda and many examples were given. Quite why you feel it necessary to drag it into this thread to reinforce an argument or score some kind of moral point I'm not entirely sure?

It wasn't posted to offend anyone as I made crystal clear when I posted it. I will happily remove it if one single French person is offended by it. Just say the word and I'll pull the post.

I am talking about truth and facts in regard to the EU. You know this thread, this subject? Cite another thread and work 'your claims of having "truth" and "facts" is to be treated with utmost skepticism' into your post to detract away from the issue completely - and the issue here is the EU - nothing else.

Metryl's post was as follows:

Actually EU was created without UK, and stalled since its adhesion. Go out, the sooner, the better

The inference here is clear! Get out and the EU will run more efficiently without you. You are the reason it has 'stalled'.

I responded to that.

He then comes back with another taunt and I responded to that again.

Now unless you've got something specific to add to the debate about why does the UK dislike the EU, instead of trying to bait me, I suggest you jog on, because I won't be biting.

Last edited by Tuck's Luck; 15 Jan 11 at 09:01..
Old 15 Jan 11, 08:54
General
EU

Quote:
That ain't a rant. That's not even close to a rant That's just pointing out the truth - you know, that thing you tend to overlook.
So what your point ?

Quote:
So when you want you K to leave and when I'm replying leave as you want it's anti-UK BS ?
Old 15 Jan 11, 08:56
General
EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
A couple of years ago UKIP put forward a bill in the EU parliament that would force all countries to have a referendum on the adoption of the Lisbon treaty.
I was talking about a British referendum.

Quote:
Guess what happened to it?
French and Dutch voted no. Anyway EU Parliement is not bound to follow whatewer UKIP say.
Old 15 Jan 11, 08:56
Private
UK

I would rather join AUKTA
American / UK/ Trading /Alliance . oh sorry it does not exist maybe i have now put the idea into somebodies head and we will see it in future hope so!
Old 15 Jan 11, 09:06
General
EU

Quote:
[B]...
Metryl's post was as follows:

Actually EU was created without UK, and stalled since its adhesion. Go out, the sooner, the better

The inference here is clear! Get out and the EU will run more efficiently without you. You are the reason it has 'stalled'.

I responded to that.
I never made any use of word 'efficiently ', it's pure invention of your own.

My point is that EU cannot continue integration if one, or more, of its member dont want. We want it, you dont want. You want to leave, we say you : do so. Where is the problem ?

Since the beginning in 1957 the objective of European idea was integration and EEC was only a step. If we had only 6 original countries, we'll be most likely on the path to a Federal goverment. A path that Great-Britain has done its best to avoid with the end result of Lisbon treaty.

Quote:
He then comes back with another taunt and I responded to that again.
Taunt ? What the heck are you talking about ?
Old 15 Jan 11, 09:19
General
EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.D. Morel View Post
Agreed

French efficiency
If we had been as much efficient than Ireland we'll be under IMF plan to restore our finance.

Another silly comment about another country or we'll go back dealing with reality ?

Quote:
The problem is that the EU/EEC was set up as a love-in between France and Germany. Both countries want to be in charge and both countries suffer from a national arrogance (greater than the general arrogance which is ubiquitous amongst nations) which makes them believe that everyone else is inferior and so should be happy to be lead.
If both France and Germany were acting as you state, Rome treaty would be forgot history for a while...

Quote:
The EU without Britain is not a European organisation; it is Germany and France exerting their influence over their neighbours. If the policies that suit them also suit other countries then that just a happy coincidence.
Yes we are the new world evil, today UK, tomorrow the world.

BTW have you noticed that you just stated the exact opposite above arguing that both countries seeked for single control ? So what's your prefered myth ?

Quote:
In my opinion the EU needs the UK just as much as the UK needs the EU. Thatís not to say that the EU as currently constituted wants the UK, as it is currently run for the benefit of two countries that favour big government and a maternalistic state who resent countries with lower taxes and a greater emphasis on personal freedom and self reliance. The problem is that the current model is unsustainable and the only thing that will change it is the UK in the middle of things stirring things up. At the moment the UK is like the guy on the sideline refusing to play but still giving out about how the game is being played.
EU dont need a country that seek to destroy it, either UK or another one.
Old 15 Jan 11, 09:24
Private
UK

If?!?!

if eu really worked we would all get on we dont so !!
Old 15 Jan 11, 09:47
UK

Quote:
I was talking about a British referendum.

French and Dutch voted no. Anyway EU Parliement is not bound to follow whatewer UKIP say.
I think you misunderstand.

You originally said that we should follow the rules to achieve the result of leaving. I pointed out our elected representatives Had followed the rules and been shot down in flames by the EU parliament. Just because the bill would jeopardize their gravy train.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!