HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks > Sports Field

Notices and Announcements

Sports Field Got a favourite team or sports personality? Here's where to discuss their relative merits.

Old 06 Jan 12, 23:04
Major General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
Anyone got a list of their five favorite wrestlers (of all time/current) they want to list and discuss?
Magnificent Muraco - He was a heel but I always pulled for him. I remember when they used to have wrestling on Saturday mornings and the matches were mostly face or heel against a jobber but every once in awhile they would show a championship match. One was Magnificent Muraco versus Pedro Morales and it was one of the best matches I ever saw.

Jimmy Snuka - Snuka flying off the top rope was always the highlight of those Saturday morning shows.

Undertaker - I remember when he first came to the WWF and he had a character unlike any in wrestling.

Stone Cold Steve Austin - When he first arrived to the WWF I didn't like him but he grew on me. I don't think Austin ever had a bad match or segment.

Maria Kanelis - She worked very hard to go from a diva search contestant to a pretty good wrestler. She is also gorgeous.

Last edited by Checkertail20; 06 Jan 12 at 23:10..
Old 07 Jan 12, 08:04
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkertail20 View Post
Undertaker - I remember when he first came to the WWF and he had a character unlike any in wrestling.

Stone Cold Steve Austin - When he first arrived to the WWF I didn't like him but he grew on me. I don't think Austin ever had a bad match or segment.

Maria Kanelis - She worked very hard to go from a diva search contestant to a pretty good wrestler. She is also gorgeous.
Undertaker - He still does.

Stone Cold - Legend...'nuff said.

Maria - She did indeed...and yes, she is.

-Matt

Screw Universal...give me Emma Watson, a copy of the "Kama Sutra", and a hotel suite in Vegas and I'll create my own "Harry Potter Experience".
Old 07 Jan 12, 10:19
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
Ugh. Divas. I do like watching Beth Pheonix (just because she can actually wrestle). I can't stand watching Kelly Kelly or Alicia Foxx. Foxx is cute, but that's all. Kelly Kelly looks like a man in the face and her fake hair is really jarring. Neither can pull off their moves convincingly, even with their opponent's help, and neither should ever be allowed to hold a microphone in front of their face.

Undertaker did bring to wrestling something that it never had, and never will again in my opinion. The way he wouldn't sell his opponent's moves was pretty creepy at the time, and even as a kid I was wondering how he was allowed to get away with that.

For a time, Ultimate Warrior was my ultimate favorite, but after maturing a bit and realizing he couldn't do the wrestling moves, I begin to lose a bit of faith in him.

Right now, my current favorite is a split between Sheamus and CM Punk. Both pull their moves off very well, and both have excellent microphone skills. I like Punk's current anti-cooporation gimmick, and Sheamus pulls off crazy angry like no other.

Ricky Steamboat has been one of my top favorites for nearly ever. Excellent wrestler, his matches are always good and perfectly coordinated and exciting. He was always very good behind a mike. And he was one of the very few to stay a babyface throughout his entire career.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 09 Jan 12, 20:13
General of the Forums
United_States

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
I heard Don Muraco was dead. That sucks.
Old 09 Jan 12, 23:12
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
Haven't seen any news on that. Are you sure?

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 10 Jan 12, 02:11
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300]
He's still living.

-Matt

Screw Universal...give me Emma Watson, a copy of the "Kama Sutra", and a hotel suite in Vegas and I'll create my own "Harry Potter Experience".
Old 10 Jan 12, 14:38
Major General
United_States

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
Brodus Clay finally made his debut last night and I wasn't that thrilled with the gimmick. I think WWE management is punishing him for his slip of the tongue about a month ago.
Old 10 Jan 12, 23:38
General of the Forums
United_States

Not what that link thing someone had in here said.
Heck I even miss 'Classy' Freddie Blassie. (Oops I am showing my age.)
Old 11 Jan 12, 00:30
Major General
United_States

Classy Freddie Blassie gives love advice:
Old 11 Jan 12, 10:59
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkertail20 View Post
Brodus Clay finally made his debut last night and I wasn't that thrilled with the gimmick. I think WWE management is punishing him for his slip of the tongue about a month ago.
I didn't like him too much when he was in the WWE earlier last year (Del Rio's bodyguard), but at least he was better then than now. His new gimmick can't possibly work out for very long.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Sponsored Links

Old 13 Jan 12, 22:41
Major General
United_States

It sounded like Brodus Clay received more pop from the crowd than he did Monday night. It also seemed like they rushed through some of the matches Like Clay vs Kidd and the divas match. Both of them together lasted a total of one minute.
Old 13 Jan 12, 23:16
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Natalya loses again, to Tamina again. Yawn. Sheamus and Mahal continue their "rivalry"...even though its one-sided. Sheamus vs Barret is so much more interesting.

I knew AJ would have something to do with the match between Bryant and Big Show. I was suspecting that for a week now. I just wish the WWE would come to me for writing their storylines. I would have handled Bryant's reaction to what happened a lot differently and a lot better.

Ugh. I'm glad the Clay match was so short.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 13 Jan 12, 23:55
Major General
United_States

I have to give A.J. credit she really sold being hit by the Big Show. You would have thought she was hit with an RPG.
Old 14 Jan 12, 09:49
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

I really like AJ too. Not because she's a great wrestler or supermodel hot. She looks really, legit cute and I like the fact that she and Bryant have this "thing" ever since he was hurt by Mark Henry.

Yeah, she sold it pretty well. And Big Show sold his reaction very well, too. Wish Bryant had done his differently. I really want him to be a face, not a heel.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 14 Jan 12, 14:22
Major General
United_States

Earlier in the show Bryan tells A.J. that if she loves him then she needs to do him a favor and they go off to talk which tells me Bryan put A.J. up to getting in the Big Show's way. This little romance seems to be your typical cute innocent girl falling for the bad boy and consistantly getting taking advantage of. A.J. can certainly pull off cute and innocent and from what I have seen in the FCW I think Bryan can pull off the bad boy role.

Poor A.J.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!