HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks > Sports Field

Notices and Announcements

Sports Field Got a favourite team or sports personality? Here's where to discuss their relative merits.

Old 22 Dec 11, 00:45
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
I'm glad they killed that whole Trips running Raw thing, and hopefully now this idiotic Nash thing is over and Big Daddy Cool can just go away, what a terrible idea it was for him to get put in any kind of program, sure he got a good nostalgia pop at the Rumble, but a program? Give me a break.
In all honesty, I was surprised they even cleared him to wrestle, given how bad Nash's back and knees are to begin with. But I agree...it was one of the worst worked angles I've seen. Glad it's over and done with. Triple H will now either move on to Trips-'Taker III at WM28 or enter a feud with Funkman.

-Matt

Fervently anti-Obama, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Screw Universal...give me Emma Watson, a copy of the "Kama Sutra", and a hotel suite in Vegas and I'll create my own "Harry Potter Experience".
Old 22 Dec 11, 23:20
Lieutenant General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
The debut of Brodus Clay has been dropped. Clay spoiled his debut by tweeting that he was suppose to attack John Morrison on RAW so WWE management has dropped his debut.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...opped-entirely
Old 25 Dec 11, 14:21
General
Russia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900]
Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkertail20 View Post
The debut of Brodus Clay has been dropped. Clay spoiled his debut by tweeting that he was suppose to attack John Morrison on RAW so WWE management has dropped his debut.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...opped-entirely
That's why it became such a running joke with the phone calls from Johnny Ace, still they invested too much in that dude, he'll be there.
Old 25 Dec 11, 17:29
General of the Forums
United_States

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
Matthew,when in bed the other night,I looked over that dude. That AIN'T Kane,it is another wrestler. McMahon's doing the switcheroo again. One night Undertaker couldn't make it due to weather,and Kane even played him. It ain't Kane,the guy is younger and his tattoos is gone. Wrong guy-be observant kiddo.

QUOTE=Matt Jones;2123072]These next few months will definitely see a shakeup in the company. Kane's just returned, R-Truth will probably return in a few weeks to get back at The Miz, Undertaker will be making his comeback for 20-0 at Wrestlemania against Triple H (which, sadly, will probably be his last hoorah as an active roster member; he'll probably have a Legends Contract until he dies), and it's all but been confirmed that the promos with the January 2, 2012 prophecies are for the Third Coming of Y2J, who will probably be going against Punk at Wrestlemania.

-Matt[/QUOTE]
Old 25 Dec 11, 17:31
General of the Forums
United_States

I like Nash,I just wish they'd quit being idiotic with him. I just began watching again after like 11 years. I hate Triple H,I have nothing good to say about him,and as my mama said,if you ain't got anything good to say,don't say it at all. We've been getting on the satellite this Ring of Honor wrestling,it is on tonight and they advertised a set of Brisco Brothers,wonder if they are sons of Jack or Jerry(Gerald)? Now Jack was a heck of a wrestler-showing my age.
Old 25 Dec 11, 17:32
Lieutenant General
United_States

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
I don't remember Kane have any tatoos.
Old 25 Dec 11, 17:36
General of the Forums
United_States

He did. That Kane's face what they show,is different too. My son even pointed out that ain't Kane. I'll see if I can find some pictures. I have guarded wrestling events before,so I've seen some up close,even have pictures with some,and have autographs. My wife keeps them in a case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkertail20 View Post
I don't remember Kane have any tatoos.
Old 26 Dec 11, 04:52
General
Russia

Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900]
Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpreacher View Post
I like Nash,I just wish they'd quit being idiotic with him. I just began watching again after like 11 years. I hate Triple H,I have nothing good to say about him,and as my mama said,if you ain't got anything good to say,don't say it at all. We've been getting on the satellite this Ring of Honor wrestling,it is on tonight and they advertised a set of Brisco Brothers,wonder if they are sons of Jack or Jerry(Gerald)? Now Jack was a heck of a wrestler-showing my age.
You hate Trips but like Nash? They can both eat a Nash is a POS that helped destroy WCW meaning no more real competition and a WWE that no longer has to compete to put out a product people will watch which has lead to all this stagnancy.

ROH is the best actual wrestling there is. The Briscoe Brothers are not the sons of anybody in wrestling, but they are awesome. If you notice their name is spelled Briscoe and it is their real name. ROH has an awesome tag division, their only setback is production value and tendency to have long, long matches, the Final Battle show was over 4 hours with a 41 minute ME..
Old 26 Dec 11, 17:50
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300]
Right now the WWE's in a holding pattern until the Royal Rumble. The Cena-'Kane' program's a hold-over until the RR, when Cena and the Rock will go all-out on their campaigns against each other, Big Show will probably turn heel and go after Daniel Bryan, Punk will battle the returning Chris Jericho, and the Orton-Barrett feud will continue. Trips will probably face 'Taker at WM28, with - rumors only, mind you - HBK as special guest referee. Here's hoping 'Taker's not screwed out of going 20-0.

Other programs we'll probably see will be Miz vs. R-Truth, Air Boom vs. Hunico & Epico, the Cody Rhodes-Booker T feud will come to a head, and the Ryder-Ziggler feud as well. Looks like Alicia Fox is the next person to challenge Phoenix for the Diva's title.

On the other hand, when is someone going to shut Michael Cole up? The guy's a who needs to keep his mouth shut.

-Matt

Screw Universal...give me Emma Watson, a copy of the "Kama Sutra", and a hotel suite in Vegas and I'll create my own "Harry Potter Experience".
Old 26 Dec 11, 20:04
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Jones View Post
Trips will probably face 'Taker at WM28, with - rumors only, mind you - HBK as special guest referee. Here's hoping 'Taker's not screwed out of going 20-0.
I hope there is not another Undertaker vs Trips Wrestlemania. I would rather see one of the younger guys like Daniel Bryan or Wade Barrett get the push and go after the Undertaker. Trips really doesn't need this.

Quote:
On the other hand, when is someone going to shut Michael Cole up? The guy's a who needs to keep his mouth shut.

-Matt
I agree 100% on Cole. Doesn't Vince realize Cole is a major distraction to the actual matches.

Old 27 Dec 11, 00:12
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

I'd like to see 'Taker vs. Barrett myself. And as for Trips, this might be his last round, too...Vince wants him backstage more than he does killing himself out in the ring.

-Matt

Old 27 Dec 11, 13:18
General of the Forums
United_States

I didn't SEE their name spelled,I only heard the commercial announcing their match for that night,and I went to bed early due to my pneumonia. I appreciate the correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
You hate Trips but like Nash? They can both eat a Nash is a POS that helped destroy WCW meaning no more real competition and a WWE that no longer has to compete to put out a product people will watch which has lead to all this stagnancy.

ROH is the best actual wrestling there is. The Briscoe Brothers are not the sons of anybody in wrestling, but they are awesome. If you notice their name is spelled Briscoe and it is their real name. ROH has an awesome tag division, their only setback is production value and tendency to have long, long matches, the Final Battle show was over 4 hours with a 41 minute ME..
Old 27 Dec 11, 15:31
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Chairs, Tables and Ladder's!!!!!! What a joke. This has NOTHING to do with sport. It sure as H isn't Wresting.

If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates.*

NO one wins a war!!!! They just lose less.
Old 27 Dec 11, 19:11
General of the Forums
United_States

Not the wrestling we know John. It's done gone to heck in a handbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
Chairs, Tables and Ladder's!!!!!! What a joke. This has NOTHING to do with sport. It sure as H isn't Wresting.
Old 28 Dec 11, 05:23
General
Russia

Eh, its just a stupid gimmick PPV to try to draw buys based on how over it was during the Attitude Era/Monday Night Wars boom period. It was a pretty exciting concept in 2000, but there in lies the problem, once you do stuff more and more it loses its appeal.

The themed PPVs are at least an attempt to do something to get PPV buys for the B shows that are normally never built properly and have little interest. They'd be better off dropping to 8 PPVs. But they still suck.

And by the way that certainly is Glenn Jacobs still being Kane.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!