HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks > Sports Field

Notices and Announcements

Sports Field Got a favourite team or sports personality? Here's where to discuss their relative merits.

Old 05 Jan 11, 19:48
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
One Von Erich that went national was 'The Texas Tornado' (Kerry Von Erich) unfortunately he died not long after his 2 year WWF run. He was pretty over as a mid carder too, pretty bad in ring work, but had so much charisma and the WWF protected him almost better than they protected the Ultimate Warrior and it kept him strong, until they got serious about roids for a bit and made him an enhancement talent to put over main eventers.
There was alot of tradegy in the Von Erich family..i think a couple of them committed suicide and one died fighting in Japan..Kevin i think...

Old 05 Jan 11, 20:27
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
In England, Big Daddy was everyone's favourite..............until he sat on an opponent's face and killed him.

I don't think he wrestled again after that.

Philip
Old 06 Jan 11, 02:06
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300]
I haven't watched the WWE in some time, but keep up with it every now and then. Since I stopped watching, ol' Vinnie Mac has apparently lost it and released some of his best talent.

Some of my favorite wrestlers:
The Undertaker (DUH!)
Triple H
HBK Shawn Michaels (retired after Wrestlemania 26 )
John Cena (don't give neg rep for this, please)
Matt & Jeff Hardy (Matt was since released; Jeff's now on TNA)
Rey Mysterio
Batista (since released; planning an MMA career)
Eddie Guerrero (may he R.I.P.)
Chris Benoit (cried when he died; this was before what he did came to light)

My Favorite Divas:
Trish Stratus (again, DUH!)
Mickie James (dunno what Vince was thinking when he released her)
Maria Kanellis (again, dunno what Vince was thinking when he released her)
Michelle McCool (now (in real life) married to The Undertaker)
Kelly Kelly (she's hot...what more can I say?)
Stacy Keibler (miss those legs...*sigh*)

-Matt

Fervently anti-Obama, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Screw Universal...give me Emma Watson, a copy of the "Kama Sutra", and a hotel suite in Vegas and I'll create my own "Harry Potter Experience".
Old 06 Jan 11, 06:07
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]

FB 327 th ASD/ADD 165th Avn Grp RVN

NO one wins a war!!!! They just lose less.

Old 06 Jan 11, 06:15
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300] Matt Jones is on a distinguished road [300]
Holy crap...I just realized I forgot THE wrestler! There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for forgetting to add Hulk Hogan to my list of favorites!

Analogy:

Hulk Hogan is to wrestling like John Wayne was to movies.

-Matt

Screw Universal...give me Emma Watson, a copy of the "Kama Sutra", and a hotel suite in Vegas and I'll create my own "Harry Potter Experience".
Old 06 Jan 11, 06:34
General
Russia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900]
Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Jones View Post
Holy crap...I just realized I forgot THE wrestler! There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for forgetting to add Hulk Hogan to my list of favorites!

Analogy:

Hulk Hogan is to wrestling like John Wayne was to movies.

-Matt
I hate Hulk Hogan, his ego is one of the things that destroyed WCW. He helped make wrestling explode in the 80's, actually it was his ego that decided it was good to turn heel and be in the nWo and that got wrestling over HUGE, but he is also one of the reasons WCW fell apart, creating a huge gap in competition for the WWf/E and making wrestling so stale now. ROH is the only thing worth watching and it is pretty much only on the internet.

He is helping turn TNA into what he turned WCW into.
Old 06 Jan 11, 18:54
Lance Corporal
United_States

Irish Wolfhound is on the path to success [1-99]
Wow! You guys are bringing back some fond memories for me.

Before I found out it is all FAKE!
Old 06 Jan 11, 18:57
General
United_States

Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
But it is still so fun to watch....well, thank goodness for youtube

Old 07 Jan 11, 01:27
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbielynne View Post
But it is still so fun to watch....well, thank goodness for youtube
Indeed!

-Matt

Old 07 Jan 11, 01:51
General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiplaos View Post
In England, Big Daddy was everyone's favourite..............until he sat on an opponent's face and killed him.

I don't think he wrestled again after that.

Philip
i have to admit that i have never heard of "Big Daddy" (catchy name ) so i will have to google him

Sponsored Links

Old 07 Jan 11, 02:01
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

I never have either...of course, I only started watching back in 2003 or so.

-Matt

Old 07 Jan 11, 03:46
General
Russia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900]
Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900] Stryker 19K30 has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Wolfhound View Post
Wow! You guys are bringing back some fond memories for me.

Before I found out it is all FAKE!
Of course it is, but so is any other form of theater.
Old 07 Jan 11, 03:52
General
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbielynne View Post
i have to admit that i have never heard of "Big Daddy" (catchy name ) so i will have to google him
He only worked in the BWF and local promotions in the UK, I had some VHS tapes of a couple of his matches from the 70s or 80s I got in a trade when I was younger. I think he died in the late 90s.
Old 07 Jan 11, 06:52
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

D1J1 has earned the respect of all [900] D1J1 has earned the respect of all [900]
D1J1 has earned the respect of all [900] D1J1 has earned the respect of all [900] D1J1 has earned the respect of all [900] D1J1 has earned the respect of all [900] D1J1 has earned the respect of all [900] D1J1 has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer86g View Post
Mean Gene Okerlund for President, with Gorilla Monsoon as VP and Bruno Sammartino as Secy of Defense!
Bruno is the only one of the bunch with any integrity whatsoever. That may be the reason why he'll have nothing to do with the current "game" of wrestling.

My favorite was Ivan Putski! The Polish Hammer! Dobre! Dobre!

My favorite memory is watching a local Pittsburgh production with my Uncle John as a kid. As UJ thought it was real, I really learned a lot about how to swear correctly and profusely! Thanks guys!

Regards,

Dennis

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!
Old 09 Jan 11, 08:40
General
Russia

Worst Hogan/Brutis (loser anyways) promo ever?

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!