HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks > Sports Field

Notices and Announcements

Sports Field Got a favourite team or sports personality? Here's where to discuss their relative merits.

Old 23 Apr 12, 16:02
Lieutenant General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
I don't care how great your wrestlers are if you can't put in a good storyline than wrestling is going to go downhill. Two years ago Nexus beat the holy hell out of John Cena, Straight Edge Society and the ringside crew and tore up everything in sight. The wrestling message boards were lighting up about what the rookies from NXT had done and all was wondering what could happen next. From there the story goes downhill. First they were being rebellious because of the way they were treated doing NXT then they were in cahoots with the Anonymous GM then they wanted Cena to join Nexus and from there it fizzled out. This was a missed opportunity.
Old 23 Apr 12, 20:25
General of the Forums
United_States

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
Always has to be a storyline,and the fake stuff,called kayfabe.
Old 24 Apr 12, 10:28
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400]
That ankle tweek that Beth suffered look really legit. But the ref didn't call for the medics so either they both decided she could really continue, or she did an incredible job selling that injury. Either way, it was an awkward match to watch after she got hurt.

Better to fight and fall than to live without hope.
Old 24 Apr 12, 15:31
Lieutenant General
United_States

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
So the one legitimate diva is now hurt. I didn't think the diva's division could get any worse. They need Kharma now.

I thought I would never say this but I actually found Hornswoggle entertaining last night.

The C.M. Punk segment didn't make any sense. Why in the world would you fake being drunk in front of a cop and wouldn't it have been easier to just give him a breathlizer test. On the funny side I noticed that when Punk tried to say the alphabet backwards the right way he actually got S and T wrong.

Next week its Monday Night Raw Starring Brock Lesnar.
Old 24 Apr 12, 16:06
General of the Forums
United_States

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
Monday Night Raw starring Brock Lesnar? Pardon me while I go lose my lunch.
Old 24 Apr 12, 22:48
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400] Hida Akechi has a spectacular aura about [400]
Monday Night Raw Starring Brock Lesnar may not happen if Cena beats him and the fallout of all of this is Laurenitis losing his job. Might be kinda soon for this to happen, but HHH can easily show back up anytime and take control again. Or go back to the Raw Anonymous General Manager.

The Punk thing was another hard-to-watch segment, but I pretty much had it figured out. I, too, was wondering why a breathilizer test wasn't administered. Oh well, Jericho got a beating he deserved and that made up for it a bit.

Hornswoggle always makes me chuckle. And not because he's a little person, but because of the way he's carries himself and is portrayed. I still remember when he shot R Truth with the T-shirt gun.

Kharma is too hard to look at. I'm not saying Pheonix is actually unjured, but it did look damned painful the way she landed on her leg. I agree that she was the only legit Diva, but a couple of others can wrestle fairly well, even if they have awful microphone skills and have a hard time selling their moves. Beth uses real wrestling moves and executes them very well, with high impact and very few mistakes.

Old 24 Apr 12, 23:25
General of the Forums
United_States

Percy Pringle who you kids know as Paul Bearer made me chuckle when he was Percy or Sir Percival Pringle. He was a nut
Old 25 Apr 12, 22:27
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Another memorable character. He really makes the Paul Bearer shtick work.

Old 25 Apr 12, 22:37
General of the Forums
United_States

He did,and today I read Marcus 'Buff' Bagwell is in critical condition in ICU down here,he lost control of his jeep and it went off the road and all sorts of stuff,facial fractures,neck fracture,skull fracture. He's in a REAL bad way.
Old 26 Apr 12, 10:22
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Aw man, that sucks. Hope he pulls through. I was never a Buff Bagwell fan, but he was a linchpin on WCW for a while and I respect that.

Sponsored Links

Old 30 Apr 12, 13:23
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Layla is the new Diva's champ. She was the mystery opponent for Nikkie. Nothing against Layla (except she's still not in Beth Pheonix's league), but more proof that the Diva Division is lame, almost lamer than the Tag Team division.

Cena is taking time off to heal injuries and film some Marine 3. Apparantly, he's been dealing with some injuries for months now, and recieved a new one during the match when he beat Lesnar last night. Well, good for him, he deserves a bit of a break after going through all that he has this past year.

Big Show lost the IC belt because he lost his balance and stepped on a table, thus breaking it and falling through it. It was a TLC match. Oops.

No other belts changed hands. This PPV was rated pretty highly by critics.

Old 30 Apr 12, 15:12
Lieutenant General
United_States

I forgot there was a PPV last night.
Old 01 May 12, 00:13
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Guess Cena wasn't as hurt as they thought. And he didn't need that much time to film Marine 3. Oh well.

Old 01 May 12, 01:50
Lieutenant General
United_States

I wonder if that wasn't just a work.
Old 01 May 12, 14:36
Staff Sergeant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

john boland is on the path to success [1-99]
Brock Lesnar broke HHH's arm last night. I want to see RyBack and Lord Tensi team up for a tag team duo that nobody could take on except for maybe Big Show and Mark Henry but Henry would have to go face. Those 4 men would be about the most poundage you could throw out there.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!