HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks > Sports Field

Notices and Announcements

Sports Field Got a favourite team or sports personality? Here's where to discuss their relative merits.

Old 11 Apr 12, 14:06
Lieutenant General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
Looks like more trouble for Scott Hall.
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story...iolence-041012
Old 11 Apr 12, 16:32
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
What a stupid tool. I hope he's put away for a long time this time.

Hillary Clinton, the Butcher of Benghazi.
Old 11 Apr 12, 22:12
General of the Forums
United_States

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
I never liked him when he was in WCW. He always struck me wrong,and I never go against my feelings.
Old 16 Apr 12, 23:48
Lieutenant General
United_States

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
The WWE Channel has a show which is a roundtable discussion and one of the topics was troublemakers. The trio of Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan while in the WCW was mentioned as being the worse. They did mention that when Scott Hall wasn't drunk he was a nice person and an intelligient person.

For the second week in a row RAW was meh. C.M. Punk defeated Mark Henry for the WWE Championship and it was a pretty good match. The Usos lost to the Big Show and Khali which was irritating to watch. If your not going to building the Tag Team Division then why even have it. A-Train (oops I mean Lord Tensai) defeated John Cena in the main event which was a bit suprising.
Old 17 Apr 12, 00:03
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
I missed the Prince Albert/John Cena match...I mean Lord Tensai/John Cena match.

Did the crowd chant "Albert" over and over again? I LOLed when they did that last time.

Suprising they had Cena lose that match, though not too much (wouldn't be good to have the WWE's brand new monstrous heal lose his third or fourth match in the main event).

Cena's RockthenLesnar storyline is getting more and more confusing and disheartening. Does the WWE intentionally want Cena to look weak and continually have the fans split over him? Because of his hard work over the years, he deserves better than that. Much better. Punk/Jericho is boring now.

Why is Ryder on primetime anymore? Shouldn't he be banished to Superstars if they aren't doing anything with him?

And, how in the hell is Bryan popular again? Why in the hell do fans cheer him? Geez, that's one of the stupidest things I've seen in wrestling recently.

I'm keeping count of the number of weeks that the Rock is not on RAW. 2 so far.

I completely agree about the Tag Team division. (It was Primo and Epico, not the Usos) It sucks. Badly. Get rid of it or rebuild it. Bring in new teams, or remakes of old teams. DO SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Just don't do anything half-assed as usual.

Sponsored Links

Old 17 Apr 12, 00:58
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
I missed the Prince Albert/John Cena match...I mean Lord Tensai/John Cena match.

Did the crowd chant "Albert" over and over again? I LOLed when they did that last time.
I can't remember if they chanted "Albert" but Cena got the loudest pop I've heard him get in a long time.

Quote:
And, how in the hell is Bryan popular again? Why in the hell do fans cheer him? Geez, that's one of the stupidest things I've seen in wrestling recently.
I agree that fans cheering Bryan is stupid but considering the history of WWE fans cheering disrespectful behaviour toward women I am not suprised.
They cheered Lawler and Cena making Vickie Guerrero fat jokes, Jericho and the Rock humilating Stephanie and the Rock calling his ex-girlfriend a skank for not letting him get to second base.

Quote:
I'm keeping count of the number of weeks that the Rock is not on RAW. 2 so far.
He will be on more than the Undertaker. The Undertaker is one of my all time favorite wrestlers but if all he can do is Wrestlemania then its time for him to retire.
Old 17 Apr 12, 09:28
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

The Rock makes about 6 appearances a year now (or so it feels like), and two major PPV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkertail20 View Post
The Undertaker is one of my all time favorite wrestlers but if all he can do is Wrestlemania then its time for him to retire.
The Undertaker is one of mine as well...probably my most favorite. So it pains me a bit to admit that it is time for him to retire and work behind the scenes or something. Once a year is fairly pathetic. But at least he hasn't promised more than that.

Old 18 Apr 12, 11:58
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Just watched an old match between Ricki Steamboat and Ric Flair. They are some of the greats. I noticed that alot of the comments on YouTube were "this is how its done, makes Cena matches look stoopid" or "Cena has nothing on these classics" kind of crap.

I was actually irritated, since most of the modern wrestlers are a lot more athletic than the classic ones (even the officials seem more athletic now; or do I mean animated?), and Cena doesn't wrestle in every single match shown on TV.

Modern matches pay more attention to detail than the older ones (but, it will depend on the wrestlers involved), and they like to do alot more high-impact moves now than they used to.

The DDT and piledriver used to be nasty finishing moves. Now they're just used as normal moves (except for the Tombstone, I don't see anyone using piledrivers anymore--probably because they're so dangerous--see Stone Cold).

They throw alot more punches and kicks nowadays, and do them alot harder. There's alot less grappling holds and alot more movement in modern matches.

Submission holds now require the person to "tap out"--most likely because that's how they do it in MMA, and the link helps get these submission moves "over" for the crowd.

No one uses sleeper holds or such anymore. Matches can be stopped because one opponent is too badly beaten.

With exceptions, the commentary is a lot more exciting, when the commentators aren't bickering (which is funny sometimes, but sometimes not). The match I watched was commentated by Bobby Heenan and Tony Schiavoni. It wasn't very gripping.

Old 18 Apr 12, 20:15
General of the Forums
United_States

Current wrestlers do look stupid compared to the old school ones. My wrestling 'likes' most are retired or dead.
Old 19 Apr 12, 11:01
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpreacher View Post
Current wrestlers do look stupid compared to the old school ones. My wrestling 'likes' most are retired or dead.
Define "look stupid" so I know what to get all irritated about or to copmletely agree with.

Old 20 Apr 12, 22:32
General of the Forums
United_States

Lets put it this way. Things ain't what they were when I watched. I tried watching I forgot whether it was RAW or what,but they looked ridiculous to me. Not talking bad about any certain one,it just wasn't my kind of wrestling.
Old 21 Apr 12, 21:05
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Okay, fair enough. I respect that. It isn't the same wrestling to me, either, but those days are passed and I'm trying to enjoy the modern version as much as I can. Admittedly, that gets a bit hard at times.

WWE has good athletes and actors, they just lack in story writing.

Old 22 Apr 12, 20:49
General of the Forums
United_States

Maybe they can hire the soap writers who got canned when One Life To Live and All My Children got cancelled. (A travesty) I have been watching a show on Spike TV called American Diggers. Ric Savage,a former wrestler,owns a historic salvage company called American Savage. Not a bad show,but he is a blowhard.
Old 22 Apr 12, 21:54
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Better writers are better writers...don't really care where they come from. I just want to see some improvement.

Old 22 Apr 12, 21:59
General of the Forums
United_States

Maybe they need Survivor writers.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!