HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks > Sports Field

Notices and Announcements

Sports Field Got a favourite team or sports personality? Here's where to discuss their relative merits.

Old 02 Apr 12, 23:28
Lieutenant General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
I was happy to see Brock Lesnar return.
Old 03 Apr 12, 18:28
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
I am pretty neutral to the return of Brock Lesnar. What is upsetting is the Cena storyline and how they're treating it.

Also, watching the idiot fans in Miami last night (I can't stand that chanting when someone is trying to speak), I came to realize that a lot of the cheering for the Rock and a lot of the booing for Cena was actually piped through the loudspeakers.

Which confuses me more.

Better to fight and fall than to live without hope.
Old 06 Apr 12, 22:49
Lieutenant General
United_States

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
Skip Sheffield returned tonight but he returned as Ryback. Happy to see him again as I was afraid his injury may have cost him his career seeing how long he took to heal.

Tonights big storyline was Daniel Bryan blaming A.J. for his loss and breaking up with her. That didn't suprise me but the crowd chanting "Na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" to A.J. did suprise me.

Beth Phoenix lost to Brie Bella thanks to Kelly Kelly distracting her. If you are going to have a diva be a monster heel quit having her job to lesser talent.

Sheamus sucessfully defended his title against Alberto Del Rio after a disqualification. Randy Orton beat Kane.

On a sad note Chief Jay Stongbow passed away.
Old 06 Apr 12, 23:01
General of the Forums
United_States

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
I'm really glad Kane and Taker won,but Jericho losing to THAT??
Old 07 Apr 12, 19:25
Lieutenant General
United_States

The cast of The Three Stooges will be guest hosting RAW this Monday night. I was hoping the guest hosting was over with but if Will Sasso is there it might be an opputunity to have Bret Hart in a segment.
Old 07 Apr 12, 19:40
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
The Sheamus/Del Rio match wasn't for the championship, was it? It was supposed to be a preliminary match; if Del Rio won (which he did in classic, cheating heal fashion), he'd have a shot at the title at a later date.

I don't want Kelly Kelly being Diva Champ again. She can't wrestle, she can't promo, and there is not way in hell that she can beat Pheonix.

Humans are stupid. Chanting that against AJ was stupid. Was Smackdown still in Miami? The fans there are complete idiots.

RIP Chief Strongbow. A bit before my time, but I know he was a good one to watch.

Old 07 Apr 12, 19:42
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpreacher View Post
I'm really glad Kane and Taker won,but Jericho losing to THAT??
Tough.

Punk is close to a complete wrestling package. Great wrestler, great promos, good gimmick at times. Jericho has not been any of those lately. But its not over, for some reason they are dragging this storyline out between the two after Wrestlemania. Jericho might be champion yet...just to lose it to the Rock.

Old 07 Apr 12, 20:47
Lieutenant General
United_States

Smackdown was in Orlando, Florida.

I would to love see a Jericho - Rock storyline. Back in the Attitude Era these two had feud and it made me believe that they really hated one anothers guts and they always had great matches.
Old 07 Apr 12, 21:42
General of the Forums
United_States

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Scarpa

RIP Chief. You were one of the greats.
Old 08 Apr 12, 10:57
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkertail20 View Post
Smackdown was in Orlando, Florida.

I would to love see a Jericho - Rock storyline. Back in the Attitude Era these two had feud and it made me believe that they really hated one anothers guts and they always had great matches.
It could happen. The Rock wants the WWE championship now. Its held by Punk. I hate to guess anymore, but I don't think WWE wants a Punk/Rock match. Punk is way too popular and it will either end in Punk getting hated (much like Cena), or the Rock getting booed (hardly likely).

I'm still waiting for the Rock to disappear again for a long time, just to come back before a major PPV event for a championship match. Then what? He disappears again for months with the title (if he wins, and he should; they made him unstoppable with that win against Cena--who's going to beat him now? HHH? Undertaker? Lesnar? Goldberg?); or he stays and loses it in a couple of weeks?

Orlando fans seem almost as bad as Miami. At least there wasn't any stupid chanting during promos.

Sponsored Links

Old 09 Apr 12, 01:54
Lieutenant General
United_States

If the Rock wants to be the champion thats fine but he needs to be there every week. If he wants to make movies fine make movies. I have nothing against the Rock and I believe he is doing what he believes is the right thing to do but you can't have it both ways. It reminds me of the 1992 NLCS when Tim McCarver criticized Deion Sanders for being selfish because he was playing football while playing in the playoffs. I don't think Sanders was being selfish but like the Rock don't think he was using his best judgement either.
Old 09 Apr 12, 10:07
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

I agree with that 100%.

Old 09 Apr 12, 23:07
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Brock has got to be a little more careful when he's throwing punches. This isn't ultimate fighting anymore, time to pull is punches some.

Old 09 Apr 12, 23:49
Lieutenant General
United_States

This weeks RAW wasn't good or bad it was just there. Watching the Cena - Otunga match I noticed that Cena was bleeding from the mouth again. This also brings up another question and thats how in the world does David Otunga have a main event match.

Randy Orton who was suppose to star in Marines 3: Homefront has been released from the picture. Randy Orton had joined the Marines but went AWOL and spent time in prison and was dishonorably discharged. Apparently some Marines who had served with Orton were outraged they would put him in a movie were he plays a Marine. The WWE screwed up casting him.
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...1/randy-orton/
Old 10 Apr 12, 22:39
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkertail20 View Post
This weeks RAW wasn't good or bad it was just there. Watching the Cena - Otunga match I noticed that Cena was bleeding from the mouth again. This also brings up another question and thats how in the world does David Otunga have a main event match.

Randy Orton who was suppose to star in Marines 3: Homefront has been released from the picture. Randy Orton had joined the Marines but went AWOL and spent time in prison and was dishonorably discharged. Apparently some Marines who had served with Orton were outraged they would put him in a movie were he plays a Marine. The WWE screwed up casting him.
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...1/randy-orton/
Did not know that about Randy Orton. I knew I didn't like the guy, now I have more reasons for it. Thanks.

Otunga in the main event was fine, since he was only a proxy for Laurentitis' machinations. I'm surprised Cena didn't go apeshit all over him like he did to Swagger a couple of months ago.

Brock still has to watch his punches. I'm sure Vince sent him a powerful warning to be careful from now on. Don't want the WWE top boy's face punched in by accident.

Tonight was...interesting. Tony Atlas is still one big, strong, fit mo-fo. He could so still wrestle competitively. Hacksaw can still move around, he just needs to firm it up a bit and work out some more.

What surprised me was how natural it felt to have Jimmy Hart dancing around ringside with his 'phone. He looks better now than he did 25 years ago. I'd say have the WWE sign him to a long-term contract as a manager. We've only got 3 real ones right now (Vickie, Rodriguez, and what's her name for Epico and Primo), we need more. Maybe that could spice up the Tag Team cesspool. Think how great the promos would be.

Or just bring Demolition back. Not the original, of course, but maybe a couple of newcomers (or current big guys, like a Mason Ryan and Tyler Reks or Ryback or someone like them), dressed up in the spiked leather, hocky masks, and that great Demolition intro music.

I really hate John Laurenitis. I mean on a personal level. The WWE really is grinding my gears by having him in charge. If that's exactly what they wanted, then hooray for them. But get rid of him anyway.

I'm serious. Get rid of him permentently. His face to never again to blemish RAW or Smackdown. Same goes for Michael Cole.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!