HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Happening Now > Politics Central

Notices and Announcements

Politics Central Discussion of current and exclusive political nature takes place here. .

Old 13 Dec 10, 14:15
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
There's no law stipulating that the Phelps' protests have to make sense, or even proffer a pretense of reason: all the law states is that even a$$holes have a right to freely associate with each other, and freely express their opinions.
No the law says we can freely assemble.
It also states we have the right to petition the government.
Old 13 Dec 10, 14:39
General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

SGT Long has a spectacular aura about [400]
SGT Long has a spectacular aura about [400] SGT Long has a spectacular aura about [400] SGT Long has a spectacular aura about [400] SGT Long has a spectacular aura about [400] SGT Long has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Ward View Post
No the law says we can freely assemble.
It also states we have the right to petition the government.
Peacefully assemble.

Otherwise, we have "incite to riot"

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727
Old 13 Dec 10, 15:00
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
So youy are saying that as long as he lives, Jeffery Maier is a public figure?
That what I seem to recall granted I it was more than 10 years ago and I remeber thinking it was stupid at the time but case law at that point kind of back it up.

I just Remeber the thought that I need to stay away from reporters so I can stay non public. The actual issue if I recall at the time was what the standard is for libel and how public figures bascially can have anything said about them because they are public people.
Old 13 Dec 10, 15:05
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300] Marty Ward is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by craven View Post
That what I seem to recall granted I it was more than 10 years ago and I remeber thinking it was stupid at the time but case law at that point kind of back it up.
Man the kid is only 10 years old and just catches a baseball and he gives up his right to be a private figure?
Serves him right, damn Yankee fan!
Old 13 Dec 10, 15:06
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200] craven is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMoss View Post
If they are doing criminal harm, a pretty high standard, then charge them with a criminal offense and arrest them. They problem is banning a specific group from a public place if it is not engaging in criminal activity.
go back and look at what I talked about

1 bullying is now a crime is in some states. mainly used in schools but might apply here. These guys clearly are not about free speech it is there intent to harm the family members of the dead. Otherwise there are other ways to protess.

Second I talked mainly about pursuing them civiling not criminally. I think that the best chance. Because as I said above they are intentionally causing harm to the family members.

Now if these guys only protested once in awhile and occasionally caused harm I think they could skate by because they could get away with ooop sorry we were stupid but with the number of protest they have done it a patern that shows intent.
Sponsored Links

Old 13 Dec 10, 15:08
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Man the kid is only 10 years old and just catches a baseball and he gives up his right to be a private figure?
Serves him right, damn Yankee fan!
that what I think it is. I could be wrong and it was in class so it works in absolutes.

The other example from the class I thought was interesting is if you grow a garden the government can tell you what to grow in the garden. odd of it happen slim but they can do it. lol
Old 13 Dec 10, 15:15
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
that what I think it is. I could be wrong and it was in class so it works in absolutes.

The other example from the class I thought was interesting is if you grow a garden the government can tell you what to grow in the garden. odd of it happen slim but they can do it. lol
That would imply I had a choice what grows in my garden. So far I've only successfully grown weeds!
Old 13 Dec 10, 15:19
Banned
Canada

Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
That what I seem to recall granted I it was more than 10 years ago and I remeber thinking it was stupid at the time but case law at that point kind of back it up..
Case law would back it up..

About time for yet another legal reform, toss all this "judge" law into the
dumpster... where it belongs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleak_House

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!