HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > General Gaming Discussion

Notices and Announcements

General Gaming Discussion Discussion of gaming subjects that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 09 Nov 10, 16:48
General of the Forums
United_States
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Panzer General II on Windows 7?

Does anyone know how to get Panzer General II to work on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine? It's the only game I own and I kinda like it...wish I could make it work, but it won't even install.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 09 Nov 10, 17:06
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I have no experience with Windows 7, but does 7 have an option to run a program in 95/98 or XP mode?

"People like Obama are in charge because Civilization is dying... they are nothing but the harbingers of death." ---The Exorcist
Old 09 Nov 10, 20:28
General of the Forums
United_States

llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Hey, Jim.

Yeah, it does, but I can't get the drive to install the disk in order to even select the earler mode.
Old 09 Nov 10, 20:36
Private
Japan

yoshino is on the path to success [1-99]
FYI,GOG.com offers PG2 for 10$.This guarantees to compatible with Windows7(32 and 64 bit).

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/panzer_general_2
Old 10 Nov 10, 11:45
Colonel
United_States

Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshino View Post
FYI,GOG.com offers PG2 for 10$.This guarantees to compatible with Windows7(32 and 64 bit).

I believe that to be the easiest way out. I could not get Panzer General II to run properly under Windows Vista, so I plan on buying it from Good Old Games for my Windows 7 PC.
Old 10 Nov 10, 14:02
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshino View Post

Good call. For $10 it's worth the headache unless you just happen to enjoy being the Sys Admin for archaic PCs or like really getting into the nuts and bolts of newer operating systems.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.
Old 10 Nov 10, 16:23
General of the Forums
United_States

I paid the $10 and downloaded the game from GOG. It didn't work either, kept on "encountering a problem" and having to close.
Old 10 Nov 10, 21:46
Colonel
United_States

Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkinak View Post
I paid the $10 and downloaded the game from GOG. It didn't work either, kept on "encountering a problem" and having to close.
Have you contacted Good Old Games' Technical Support? According to von Adler's post in this thread at JP's Panzers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Adler
I got a free promo code and tried the game on my Windows 7. Works like a charm. They have included the 2.20 exe, so the game is fully playable with any mods too.

I guess they could have asked someone of us before grabbing the 2.20, but they did make it fully compatible with Win 7 and Win Vista, so I am not going to complain.
This version can be recommended to all that have problems.
And that is what decided me on buying Panzer General II from Good Old Games. Now I'm not so sure.
Old 10 Nov 10, 22:29
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybriar View Post
Have you contacted Good Old Games' Technical Support? According to von Adler's post in this thread at JP's Panzers:

And that is what decided me on buying Panzer General II from Good Old Games. Now I'm not so sure.
Not yet, I'll give em' a try and let you know how it turns out. Most likely it will be a day or two before I can get to it.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 13 Nov 10, 03:53
General of the Forums
United_States

OK, got it running. Seems to work and look just like the original! Thanks for all the help, everyone!
Sponsored Links

Old 13 Nov 10, 04:58
Colonel
United_States

Glad to hear it, llkinak.

Now I guess it's time for me to buy my own copy from Good Old Games.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!