StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Vietnam War

Notices and Announcements

Vietnam War The Battle for Vietnam. .

Old 14 Jul 07, 13:25
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonierat View Post
the 4th Battalion, 23d Infantry at Cu Chi and I would have tons of questions to ask to a Tropic Lightning vet.

Isn't Tropic Lightning a nickname for the 25th Infantry Division? I don't mean to correct the Vietnam Forum CO, but since "Platoon" is based on the 25th ID for a unit I'm familiar with the patch and nicknames like electric strawberry.
"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG
Old 14 Jul 07, 13:32
Major General
Scotland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.V. Mann III View Post
Isn't Tropic Lightning a nickname for the 25th Infantry Division? I don't mean to correct the Vietnam Forum CO, but since "Platoon" is based on the 25th ID for a unit I'm familiar with the patch and nicknames like electric strawberry.

interesting mate why not post a list of some ..

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/
Old 14 Jul 07, 13:40
General of the Forums - Donut Dolly
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Old 14 Jul 07, 13:41
Major General
Scotland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99]
nice one miss saigon ..

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/
Old 14 Jul 07, 15:03
Private
United_States

Lambo is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonierat View Post
Great pictures Lambo! and welcome to ACG. Would you be interested in discussing your tour of duty? from what I can guess you served in the 4th Battalion, 23d Infantry at Cu Chi and I would have tons of questions to ask to a Tropic Lightning vet.

Thank You!,

My brother served with the 4/23rd (Pics 2,3 & 4). He was KIA 01/24/67. I'm an Honorary Member (Family).
http://www.tomahawks.us/
http://www.tomahawks.us/vietnam_years.htm
http://www.tomahawks.us/photo_album.htm
http://www.tomahawks.us/lambie.htm

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mechinfantrytomahawks
Sponsored Links

Old 14 Jul 07, 15:06
Banned
United_States

Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700]
My personal condolences; and hats off to your brother:flag: .... and those were great shots.

best
CV
Old 14 Jul 07, 15:29
Private
United_States

Quote:
The Electric Strawberries,
Rear: My brother, Second from left: Baleramos

"GO DEVILS"
out of Ft. Richardson, Alaska (1965)
Left for Jungle training (Hawaii) became part of 25th ID

Last edited by Lambo; 14 Jul 07 at 15:32..
Old 14 Jul 07, 15:34
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Thanks for sharing!

M.S.
Old 14 Jul 07, 15:41
Private
United_States

You all need to check out the Links I Posted, Great Info & Pics!
Old 14 Jul 07, 15:49
South_Vietnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo View Post
You all need to check out the Links I Posted, Great Info & Pics!
I have been looking at them. Thanks for the links.

Your brother's service is appreciated with regrets for the loss.

M.S.
Old 14 Jul 07, 16:40
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

comm. waffle has a spectacular aura about [400]
comm. waffle has a spectacular aura about [400] comm. waffle has a spectacular aura about [400] comm. waffle has a spectacular aura about [400] comm. waffle has a spectacular aura about [400] comm. waffle has a spectacular aura about [400]
Real quick question. When were the Vietnamese introdced to the RPG-7 and forgot the RPG-6? (If they ever did)
Old 14 Jul 07, 21:56
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
My bad....

Quote:
The Electric Strawberries,
Rear: My brother, Second from left: Baleramos

"GO DEVILS"
out of Ft. Richardson, Alaska (1965)
Left for Jungle training (Hawaii) became part of 25th ID
Right on. My Vietnam War education is lacking, I didn't recognize the second patch.
"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG
Old 14 Jul 07, 23:49
Private
United_States

Quote:
Right on. My Vietnam War education is lacking, I didn't recognize the second patch.
Go to those Links I posted! It's alot of reading but you'll get a good History Lesson!!!
Old 15 Jul 07, 12:52
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build 

Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Thank You!,

My brother served with the 4/23rd (Pics 2,3 & 4). He was KIA 01/24/67. I'm an Honorary Member (Family).
Sorry to hear about that Do you know if he arrived in Vietnam with the battalion? must have been quite a change to go from Alaska to Cu Chi!
Old 15 Jul 07, 12:54
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build 

Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by comm. waffle View Post
Real quick question. When were the Vietnamese introdced to the RPG-7 and forgot the RPG-6? (If they ever did)
There's no such things as the RPG-6 I believe. The NVA used principally the RPG-2 (called B-40 for the most common chinese version) and the RPG-7 (B-41). Not sure when the latter was introduced, I'd say 1967-68.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!