StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Orders of Battle

Notices and Announcements

Orders of Battle Orders-of-battle, TO&E's, and related information on who fought where and what they brought to the battle.

Old 09 Jul 06, 07:00
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Thomas,

No, just the major units. There will be two Stryker Brigades (Germany and Italy) and a number of Army level units. With just about all Europe in Nato now, why station divisions in the middle?

Konev,

I was used to the last few division structures they had. This new set up is weird and will take some time for me to understand. I have been following the US Army Division setups from the First World War on. Army leadership is trying to go to more, smaller Brigades in each Division. Cheney needs more Brigades to fill world wide deployment needs.

These Brigades will each get an Engineer Battalion, but I am curious as to what will happen to the officer slots in the old Engineer Brigade HQ. I suppose the Colonel will just be attached to Division HQ as the Engineer Commanding Officer. This may cut some other Engineer officer slots.

I am also thinking that one reason they may be going away from a Division Aviation Brigade in each active Division is they then won't have to give each National Guard Division an AV Brigade. It is a major financial activity to bring National Guard Aviation units up to par with active units. They have already proposed making the NG Attack Helicopter Battalions smaller, but that would be against current law.

Pruitt
Old 09 Jul 06, 07:34
Major General
Scotland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruitt
Thomas,

No, just the major units. There will be two Stryker Brigades (Germany and Italy) and a number of Army level units. With just about all Europe in Nato now, why station divisions in the middle?

Pruitt
thanks mate ..

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/
Old 24 Jul 06, 17:03
Corporal
United_States

Bayonet Six is on the path to success [1-99]
Army in Europe

Appears 2nd Cavalry Regiment and 12th Aviation will remain in Europe
Old 25 Jul 06, 06:13
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
There is also the Airborne Regiment in Italy. I am curious as to how many Corps level units like artillery and support services will stay. Right now I could see the US pulling out of Germany.

Pruitt
Old 26 Jul 06, 14:34
Corporal
United_States

172nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team

When the 172nd SBCT returns from Iraq where will it be stationed and what are the reflag plans. Will they lose their assigned battalions such as the 2nd Bn, 1st Infantry?

Bayonet Six
Sponsored Links

Old 26 Jul 06, 14:54
First Lieutenant
United_States

Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayonet Six
When the 172nd SBCT returns from Iraq where will it be stationed and what are the reflag plans. Will they lose their assigned battalions such as the 2nd Bn, 1st Infantry?

Bayonet Six
It will be reflagged as the 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division. I've seen a document that lists the units to be assigned to the new BUA, but some of the new designations indicated turned out to be wrong. For example the new 4th Brigade, 1st Infantry Division's Cavalry Squadron was supposed to be designated as 6-4 CAV but was stood up as 2-4 CAV.

He is the link to the new designations. Careful its about 40 MBs.

http://www.army.mil/modularforces/unitdesignations.pdf

It shows that most of the units in the brigade are supposed to reflag to the designations of the old 1st Brigade 25 ID that was just reflaged as 2 ACR, except that the RSTA will reflag as 5-1 CAV.
Old 26 Jul 06, 17:17
Corporal
United_States

172nd SBCT

So it appears that the 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry will be dropped from the rolls when it returns from Iraq. Too bad.
Wonder if 1st Battalion, 4th Infantry will remain in Germany as an OPFOR battalion?
Old 26 Jul 06, 17:49
First Lieutenant
United_States

Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99] Deathrider6 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayonet Six
So it appears that the 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry will be dropped from the rolls when it returns from Iraq. Too bad.
Wonder if 1st Battalion, 4th Infantry will remain in Germany as an OPFOR battalion?
The 2-1 Infantry is supposed to be stood up at Ft Lewis as part of a new SBCT for the 2nd Infantry Division along with the two other current infantry battalions of the 172nd SBCT(1-17 Infantry & 4-23 Infantry). I don't know when this is supposed to happen. I having heard if they are going to shut down CMTC or deactivate the 1-4 Infantry at Hohenfels.

Question: Does anybody know the designation of the RSTA for the 3rd Brigade, 3rd Infantry stationed at Fort Stewart? Intially it was supposed to be the 4-6 Cav but that unit is now at Ft Lewis.
Old 27 Jul 06, 13:48
Corporal
United_States

RSTA, 3 BCT, 3rd ID

I am not sure of the designation. But whatever I am sure that the squadron is on the ground by now. The squadrons of the 6th Cav have been moved all over the map.
Old 28 Jul 06, 20:59
Corporal
United_States

shrike6 is on the path to success [1-99] shrike6 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrider6
The 2-1 Infantry is supposed to be stood up at Ft Lewis as part of a new SBCT for the 2nd Infantry Division along with the two other current infantry battalions of the 172nd SBCT(1-17 Infantry & 4-23 Infantry). I don't know when this is supposed to happen. I having heard if they are going to shut down CMTC or deactivate the 1-4 Infantry at Hohenfels.
CMTC and the 1-4 infantry will stay around. Althought the CMTC is recoined the JMRC (Joint Readiness Training Center) http://www.jmrc.hqjmtc.army.mil/

Quote:
Question: Does anybody know the designation of the RSTA for the 3rd Brigade, 3rd Infantry stationed at Fort Stewart? Intially it was supposed to be the 4-6 Cav but that unit is now at Ft Lewis.
3-1st Cavalry will be the Armed Recon Squadron for 3/3rd ID

Last edited by shrike6; 28 Jul 06 at 21:04..
Old 28 Jul 06, 21:20
Corporal
United_States

shrike6 is on the path to success [1-99] shrike6 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
It will be reflagged as the 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division. I've seen a document that lists the units to be assigned to the new BUA, but some of the new designations indicated turned out to be wrong. For example the new 4th Brigade, 1st Infantry Division's Cavalry Squadron was supposed to be designated as 6-4 CAV but was stood up as 2-4 CAV.
Actually the 4/1st ID is supposed to have 1-4 Cavalry not 6-4th Cavalry. They probably couldn't use the designation right off the bat because the 1-4th Cavalry was still active in Germany at the time. The 2-4th Cav designation will probably be changed sometime between now and 2011.
Old 30 Jul 06, 18:53
Corporal
United_States

Reduction in ARNG Combat brigades

My question to you both. I last heard that the Army was going to reduce the number of ARNG brigades from the original 34 to 28. What is going on?
Understand 278th Armored BCT and possibly 218th BCT are on the chopping block. Who won out? Rumsfeld or the State Governors?

Private Bayonet Six
Old 31 Jul 06, 05:54
France

Put the 256th Infantry Brigade (LA) on the chopping block as well. I have not heard yet, but Rumsfield gets what he wants, doesn't he? I tried e-mailing the Louisiana Adjutant General abiut the 256th INFBDE, but have not received a reply. I don't know the status of Jackson Barracks where he was quartered (9th Ward, New Orleans, Hurricane Katrina!). I will try e-mailing my Senators and representative later this week and will get back with you.

I don't understand chopping off five Combat Brigades in the National Guard while Pres. Bush is talking about the need to send American Troops to Lebanon. I guess he will have to send Military Police and Combat Support units instead.

Pruitt
Old 31 Jul 06, 09:24
Sergeant Major
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 

HappyWlad is on the path to success [1-99] HappyWlad is on the path to success [1-99] HappyWlad is on the path to success [1-99] HappyWlad is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike6
Actually the 4/1st ID is supposed to have 1-4 Cavalry not 6-4th Cavalry. They probably couldn't use the designation right off the bat because the 1-4th Cavalry was still active in Germany at the time. The 2-4th Cav designation will probably be changed sometime between now and 2011.
I heard 1-4 CAV was going to be the RSTA Squadron for SETAF. I might be wrong tho.

Wlad
Old 31 Jul 06, 10:28
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 

Konev is on the path to success [1-99] Konev is on the path to success [1-99] Konev is on the path to success [1-99]
Wlad,

Your partially right. 1/4 Cav was redesignated (I think) 1/92 Cav and reassigned to SETAF.

1/4 Cav will be rebuilt either at Ft. RIley or at Ft. Knox

Konev
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!