StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > ACG Community Run Wargames

Notices and Announcements

ACG Community Run Wargames Conflict simulations run by forum members for the ACG community.

Old Today, 00:51
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300]
Seeing the 25 MA move, Maj Bird and his Green Jackets seize the moment.

"Well, not exactly as expected, but this should work," says Bird out loud to no one in particular.

In one rapid movement, the GJ jump out in front of their position, form up and wheel (swing) right - so fast and disciplined, it may not have made the British Guards' Sergeant-Major proud as a proper drill movement but still achieved the aim of catching 25 MA in the flank.

Looking behind, Bird hopes that Pruitt and Sennef horsemen sees his maneuver and move to the agreed positions. Most importantly, he hope the Britannic guns get ready to hit any Yankee movement from the East that may threaten him.

Having taken the time to write three copies of his intent on paper, he sends three runners - one to Pruitt, one to Bates and one to the expected position on the Saddle Blazzers. (See separate post below with my written intent.)

Bird looks behind again at the Britannic gun position, looking for any encouraging sign of movement that will show support in his direction.

Last edited by Capt AFB; Today at 13:09..
Old Today, 05:04
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post

General Sennef, coat covering his epaulettes, spies the fight at the southern strongpoint continuing to grow.....

Map
General Sennef observes the developments south with keen interest. He realizes he has returned not a moment too late at the battlefield. Rainbow's defensive line is in danger of being rolled up from the south and only drastic action can save the day.
His plan is to slam his Saddle Blazers into the left flank of the 99th.

While events are still unfolding he orders his trumpeteer to sound the 'forward' and in a trot he wheels his troopers around the left, over the RR embankment.
Once his whole unit has crossed the RR he aligns them front east, draw sabers.
Gorgeous sound! Then after a couple of seconds for drama he sounds the charge, slamming into the left flank of the 99th.

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old Today, 06:04
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AFB View Post
Place holder

RL is going to keep me away for the next 36-48 hours

BTW, if the 25th MA moved, Bird would be expecting it and would maneuver accordingly...You don't move forward during 20 min without some noise and observed movement, and without Bates advising us...So my planned moved would have ambushed the 25th MA and the 99th NY would had problem deploying out of a swampy terrain, with tired troops with heavy soaked footwear...
You'll have time to give your orders.

As to the BTW, I read your orders three times trying to divine your intentions and I couldn't come up with anything that I felt comfortable just having your men do with no specifics from you. I knew that you were intending something involving displacing and rolling up a flank, but I have no clue who's flank or how you were going to execute it from the orders given.
Old Today, 07:37
Lieutenant General
Australia
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
While the Grenadiers are committed, Fawcett is distantly aware of the heating engagement at the other end of the field.

Not yet aware of the General's return, he sends his rider to direct the Saddleblazers up in support of the embattled Bates. Pruitt is instructed to screen Bird's position to the East and give him fighting room to take the 25th MA in the flank should the Major be ready to express sufficient aggression.
Old Today, 12:15
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post
You'll have time to give your orders.

As to the BTW, I read your orders three times trying to divine your intentions and I couldn't come up with anything that I felt comfortable just having your men do with no specifics from you. I knew that you were intending something involving displacing and rolling up a flank, but I have no clue who's flank or how you were going to execute it from the orders given.
Yah! My BTW did come a bit snippy didn't it. My apologies for that.

I guest I just got a bit frustrated that the action is coming in the same time as RL is calling me away. Taking a break at lunch time here to fill my place holder post.
Old Today, 12:31
Lieutenant General
Canada

See my amended post #271
Old Today, 12:57
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AFB View Post
Yah! My BTW did come a bit snippy didn't it. My apologies for that.

I guest I just got a bit frustrated that the action is coming in the same time as RL is calling me away. Taking a break at lunch time here to fill my place holder post.
No worries, sorry about it. You should be able to keep up though, I've got a trainee for the next couple of weeks, so I'm stuck with reams of paperwork related to him, and trying to get his stuff done. Which means that this game has to suffer.....Lady Tac would kill me with fire if I tried to take away from her time.

I'm still going for one update a week, as soon as I'm done with the extra work, I should be back onto the 2 a week schedule.
Old Today, 13:05
Lieutenant General
Canada

As the GJ runners get to their destination, they hand over the written intent of Maj Bird to the filed commanders:

"My compliments Gentlemen,

I was pondering the enemy next move to our right and intend, with your cooperation, to hit them hard and shape the battle so that we are put in position to roll them from South to North.

With a bit of luck and speed, this may work. Otherwise staying in our defensive position against a superior number enemy and no infantry reserve is just waiting for defeat to come knock on our door. I prefer to maneuver against such enemy

Here is my intent:

Phase I

Bates holds his position.

Pruitt takes position in GJ former defensive line.

GJ hits the 25 MA on its flanks and throws them against the 99 NY. GJ keeps its formation as its advance and does not charge.

Once disorganized, Sennef cavalry and Bates troops hits them hard. The aim is to throw the panicked troops of 25 MA and 99 NY towards the swamp and finish them. If some panicked Yanks run back to their main line, much better yet, as panic then to be contagious.

Phase II

Bates hold the trail entrance against any further Yanks unit that may be following the 99 NY through the swamp trail.

GJ swing back to face 24 MA...And darn hopes that the Britannic battery is in position to shoot into the enemy flank.

Pruitt cavalry rushes behind the GJ lines, across the railroad line and then East to hit the enemy in the rear.

Once reformed, the Saddle Blazzers uses the railroad track to provide some cover and its the 24 MA on its left flank.

Phase III

Hit on three sides (artillery, GJ, Saddle Blazzers), the 24 MA should fold and hopefully withdraws in not so good order.

GJ moves forward to roll up the enemy's flanks with the help of artillery and the Saddle Blazzers, and Pruitt causing pandemonium in their enemy's rear.

Gentlemen, I hope you can assist me in this plan and bring great honor to the Rainbow Brigade."

On his horseback, Bird knows that no plan will survive first contact with the enemy, but at least, with a common plan and intent, this action may develop into an advantageous opportunity to hurt the enemy very badly and secure their defensive position in New Bern for a while longer.
Old Today, 15:48
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
General Sennef, cloack still covering his uniform, is enjoying his time immensely acting as a cavalry commander, away from the political battles he used to be fighting.
He considered informing Fawcett but that can happen later, it iwll only upset the good job he is doing.
The GJ runner finds him while his Sadlle Blazers are still crossing the RR line to the south, still well behind Bates line.
He reads the writtenintentt and grunts approvingly.

He turns to the runner and says:

"Compliments and Kindly report back to major Bird that I'm about to unleash my part of Phase I.
After that I'll continue with Phases II and III if the scenario unfolds as major Bird expects."

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old Today, 17:57
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
At the end of day, the only worry we need is whether we will run out of bullets and shells. Anything less a Yankee death is of no concern to me.

"Aim small, miss small."

Chieftain Iosephus Namathus of Brigantes, Eagles Deux

"I am Britannia!"
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!