HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Europe

Notices and Announcements

Europe Issues of modern Europe. .

Old 02 Jul 14, 09:59
General of the Forums
UK
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous gives and gets respect [800]
Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800]
Interestingly some the Q&A looked at that; Lego has avoided marrying and such like to a certain degree and emphasized Friendship rather than boy-girl relationships. They still had a couple of wedding sets though for the disney princesses etc. it seems.
'Lord Palmerston!' - Barney Gumble
Old 02 Jul 14, 10:08
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selous View Post
Interestingly some the Q&A looked at that; Lego has avoided marrying and such like to a certain degree and emphasized Friendship rather than boy-girl relationships. They still had a couple of wedding sets though for the disney princesses etc. it seems.
No little girl needs help from Lego management to marry her brother's Policeman Legoman to her Pony-loving Lego girl. Trust me, that happens without commercial help and then they have a Lego baby and feed it and take care of it.

And the baby Lego rides Lego dolphins for playtime.
Old 02 Jul 14, 10:14
General of the Forums
UK

Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800]
Int he gritty dystopian world I created with lego when I was nine, there was only three female officers on the submarine. In those days female legos were defined by face type and seperating plastic hair pieces - I only had three female faces and two female 'hair' things - the third poor lass spent the entire war against the shark robots in a hat.

There wasn't much dolphins or babies though, but there were sharks, robots and of course, the aforementioned shark-robots.
Old 02 Jul 14, 10:18
General of the Forums
United_States

Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300] Phebe is on a distinguished road [300]
We seem to be different species, Selous.

Nice shark....................

It would be hard to pretend it was a baby, though.
Old 02 Jul 14, 10:26
General of the Forums
UK

A violent 7 foot long sea creature that basically just swims and eats, eating so it can swim and swimming so it can eat, with a rotating layer of ever-replenishing teeth is the perfect substitute for a human infant Phebe, where's your imagination?

I do remember once my cousin Cassandra and I did build a peaceful lego city though, it was very pleasant - I say city, it was a village, but had excellent infrastructure if I do say so myself. There was a police station and a fire station and a park. No local government though there may have been some kind of plutocrat or patrician that 'ran things' - ahh...the utopias of childhood....

Cousin Cass a policewoman now and sadly for some reason neither of us get to indulge in lego these days. I still feel a pang of nostalgia when I'm in the city center and see lego on sale...ah to build then what I know now!! I suppose this is why many fellas do modelling of aircraft and such like...the need to build stuff
Sponsored Links

Old 02 Jul 14, 11:50
Brigadier General
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selous View Post
The presentation was given by an American lady with an Apple computer.
I like this detail.
Old 02 Jul 14, 12:03
General of the Forums
United_States

Oh, dear. [:-) Talk about cultural invasion.
Old 30 Jul 14, 08:18
General
Belgium

Snowygerry is a jewel in the rough [500]
Snowygerry is a jewel in the rough [500] Snowygerry is a jewel in the rough [500] Snowygerry is a jewel in the rough [500] Snowygerry is a jewel in the rough [500] Snowygerry is a jewel in the rough [500] Snowygerry is a jewel in the rough [500] Snowygerry is a jewel in the rough [500] Snowygerry is a jewel in the rough [500] Snowygerry is a jewel in the rough [500]
Thank you Selous,

I've printed it and will read in some public place while on holiday, I'm sure it'll make one hell of a conversation starter

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!