StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks > Mess Hall

Notices and Announcements

Mess Hall By popular demand - this area of the Barracks is set aside for all your culinary-related discussions.

Old 06 Nov 12, 17:23
ACG Forums - General Staff
England
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
What are you drinking right now?

Like what are you listening to right now, but tastier and for alcoholics.
I enjoy a beer in the evening, I enjoy ACG, sometimes I combine the two into whacky combinations.

Sadly - will probably get repetitive, because people tend to stick to one drink in a routine...

Windhoek Lager (Namibia) - 2.5 out of 5 - reasonable

Reingheitsgebot standard beer from Namibia. Sharp taste, light colour, barley odour - very easy drinking

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 06 Nov 12, 17:29
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Cheap red wine bought in bulk by the box

and decanted into classy, expensive-looking brandy bottles.

One has to keep up one's appearances for the benefit of one's neighbours.

Philip
Old 06 Nov 12, 17:37
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Stuttgarter Hofbrau Plisner and I'm not givin ya one of them.

Ah Selos, it's not imported.

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
Old 06 Nov 12, 17:40
General of the Forums
Scotland
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700]
the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Mine isn't imported either;

Barrs Irn-Bru.

http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/snowman
Old 06 Nov 12, 17:59
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Well, I'm actually drinking Coffee, as I just woke up about an hour ago; but I had one of these a few days ago.
Whooo,
you could just about float a spoon in it. Very woody and spiced. A little too sweet in some tones for my liking.

Old 06 Nov 12, 18:03
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500]
skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500]
Christian Brothers VS with black coffee back.
Old 06 Nov 12, 18:13
Colonel
United_States

unclefred has demonstrated strength of character [100] unclefred has demonstrated strength of character [100] unclefred has demonstrated strength of character [100] unclefred has demonstrated strength of character [100] unclefred has demonstrated strength of character [100] unclefred has demonstrated strength of character [100] unclefred has demonstrated strength of character [100] unclefred has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Right now it's

Old 06 Nov 12, 20:25
Captain
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100]
My current favorite is 12-year old Redbreast from Ireland. Previously, it was Edradour from Scotland, but that became to hard to find in my area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumb2.jpg (5.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 06 Nov 12, 20:34
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
A Yuengling.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!
Old 07 Nov 12, 09:28
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700]
dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipLaos View Post
Cheap red wine bought in bulk by the box

and decanted into classy, expensive-looking brandy bottles.

One has to keep up one's appearances for the benefit of one's neighbours.

Philip
Haha... you sly dog .

Bud Ice for me lately. More alchohol so I don't have to drink but 2 or 3 . Don't like to be/feel bloated.

Occaisionally some Merlot wine too.

Old 11 Nov 12, 13:54
ACG Forums - General Staff
England
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]

Crabbies Alchoholic Ginger Beer - very tasty 4/5

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules
Old 11 Nov 12, 14:06
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800]
Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800]
BEER!

Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale. I thought I'd give it a whirl yesterday.

I approve!
Old 11 Nov 12, 14:48
Captain
United_States

Jack Torrance is on the path to success [1-99] Jack Torrance is on the path to success [1-99] Jack Torrance is on the path to success [1-99] Jack Torrance is on the path to success [1-99] Jack Torrance is on the path to success [1-99] Jack Torrance is on the path to success [1-99] Jack Torrance is on the path to success [1-99]
Mike's Hard Lemonade

Old 16 Nov 12, 10:17
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100]
Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100]
Well, the summertime is over but the summertime cocktail lingers on...at least until the case of rum is gone.
Old 16 Nov 12, 10:59
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
No lie.

~
"Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
-2 Commando Jumpmaster

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!