StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games

Notices and Announcements

MMO Games Players can discuss their online experiences with Massively Multiplayer Online games here!

Old 14 Sep 10, 13:57
Colonel
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Having seen Clear Skies, I wish I could afford to join this game...
Old 14 Sep 10, 15:02
Major
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99]
14 day free trial...
Old 17 Dec 10, 19:11
Lieutenant General
Scotland
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Oh god, just got an email from EVE support tempting and teasing me back in. All my learning skills have been freed up and I'd maxed most..... I have 5 days free..... I can feel the gravitational pull getting stronger...... must.... stay..... strong. For the sake of my marriage if nothing else!
Old 21 Dec 10, 15:47
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Naffenea is simply cracking [600]
Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600]
Give in
Old 21 Dec 10, 19:16
Lieutenant General
Scotland
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
I was going to but my desk top rig blue screen of death-ed on me, again. My laptop can't handle it.

Soon..... soon....

when I can be arsed running a complete re-install
Sponsored Links

Old 22 Dec 10, 13:51
Staff Sergeant
United_States

OJsDad is on the path to success [1-99] OJsDad is on the path to success [1-99]
How much does EVE cost per month.
Old 23 Dec 10, 11:35
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600]
14.95, but you can buy plexs in game and turn those in and essentially play for free.
Old 15 Jan 11, 14:10
Private
Canada

blazespinnaker is a balanced individual [0]
The graphics are great on this. Losing money to aggressive players kinda sucks though. Not a big fan of PvP on the sort of thing where you take a long time to build up.
Old 15 Jan 11, 16:12
Major
UK

Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazespinnaker View Post
The graphics are great on this. Losing money to aggressive players kinda sucks though. Not a big fan of PvP on the sort of thing where you take a long time to build up.
Its pretty tough to get killed unless you do something stupid.

Like driving a 300 mil cargo in a 1mil industrial. Or taking a freighter to nullsec etc.

Even then, i live in a wormhole, where it is the land of milk and honey, on the other hand, there are lots of people here that want to try to kill you...

Just make 400 mil mining gas
Old 15 Jan 11, 17:31
Lieutenant General
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasel_burger View Post
Its pretty tough to get killed unless you do something stupid.

Like driving a 300 mil cargo in a 1mil industrial. Or taking a freighter to nullsec etc.

Even then, i live in a wormhole, where it is the land of milk and honey, on the other hand, there are lots of people here that want to try to kill you...

Just make 400 mil mining gas
Hmmmm, I didn't understand a word of those last two sentences. It been a long time apparently.
Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion—several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight.
Old 16 Jan 11, 12:02
General of the Forums
United_States

I love living in NBSI 0.0. It's safer than empire and low sec. I can carebear to my hearts content and then switch to pew pew when that gets old. Go mine a bit or trade.
Old 19 Feb 11, 17:01
Lieutenant General
Scotland

I sold my soul to CCP for another tour, but damn things are different!

Wandering about in my Raven with no idea what the hell is happening!
Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion—several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight.
Old 22 Feb 11, 12:20
Staff Sergeant
United_States

InfinitusOdium is on the path to success [1-99]
I played EVE in the beta and at launch for a year after. I was in a military corp and we had a great time "playing war".

There were a couple things that got to me though. I have not been back in a few years so things may have changed.

Space, it just got so boring. I know there are different areas of space but it is all just about the same. The planets aren't anything special either.

The game is hard to get into for a new person. Unless you have some friends who are willing to take you in and give you everything you need, prepare to learn the hard way.

It takes so much time to feel you did something. I do like the skill training but it just means that no matter how much you play or how smart you are you will never speed up that process.

Combat is fun but very unforgiving. Depending on what you are playing as you can just be doing your thing then in 1 second you can be dead. This gets worse and worse the more people you have in PvP and when you get blown up in this game you have to go get a new ship. Don't get me started on the lag. When I played big battles were a lag fest and that just helped you die faster. It is not like other mmos where you just spawn again and get right back into the fight.

All that being said I think the game is a fantastic step out of the box and I enjoyed it for a while. I don't have the time to play this game anymore but I can understand why people dig it.

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Old 30 May 11, 08:39
Colonel
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Clear Skies 3 is out.

Personal Blog
Old 22 Dec 11, 09:36
Private
United_States

DETURK is a balanced individual [0]

http://www.eveonline.com/community/n...p_rid=&sp_mid=
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!