StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Latin America & the Caribbean

Notices and Announcements

Latin America & the Caribbean Including issues of Central and South America and Mexico.

Old 14 Jun 15, 10:01
General
France
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700]
DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Ironically, today is the aniversery of the Argentine surrender in 1982.

649 Argentian dead. 245 British dead. 3 Falkland Islanders Dead.

And still the Queen of Botox can't get it through her skull.
Old 16 Jun 15, 13:25
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100]
Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100]
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phebe View Post
I particularly liked the "Suck it up butter cup." I'm trying to think where I could use that, though I suppose I'd better conclude, nowhere safely. [:-)
I've always liked the similar phrase "Suck it up, spongeface" ...It doesn't rhyme but what the heck...
Old 17 Jun 15, 06:38
Brigadier General
UK

Wooden Wonder has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wooden Wonder has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wooden Wonder has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wooden Wonder has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wooden Wonder has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wooden Wonder has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wooden Wonder has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wooden Wonder has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wooden Wonder has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wooden Wonder has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wooden Wonder has demonstrated strength of character [100]
It must also be pointed out that there are large areas of the UK where to stick a bust up of 'St.Margaret of Grantham' would also be deemed 'provocative' - she was to say the least a bit controversial.

I personally find her to have been a bit like the 'Curate's Egg' - good in parts.

ps. I drove past the site of Orgreave colliery on Monday, now festooned with new houses, and was reminded of her tussle with Arthur Scargill and the National Union of Miners.
Old 18 Jun 15, 15:00
First Sergeant
Chile

JAG is on the path to success [1-99] JAG is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALICA ONE View Post
Thank you for the 2014 ACG award, i'll take it. Plus thanks for the effort put in on your post, it was a very good read. Ive been to Argentina and they firmly almost fanatically believe the Malvinas belong to them and were wrongly taken away by force. I think my next trip may be to England hit up some pubs and listen to thier veiws.

Happy New Year to all ranks of the ACG community.
Back in the eighties they had a kids tv show in which each episode ended with the teacher showing a map and telling her class something along:

"And remember kids, the Malvinas are Argentine."

It was subject of mockery on the other southamerican countries.

Argentina became a populist country since the early 20th century, so a cause to focus popular attention is a good thing to have when you have an unstable and excitable population.

And remember, these were the times of a crazy military dictatorship that killed 30.000 people and resorted to foreign wars to distract the rest, so the Falklands War was a very mild and fortunate end for what it could have been.

Nevermind the screams, Argentina has more urgent issues to deal with... so expect a lot more of these complains from Argentina!

Ob, btw, couple weeks ago the Argentinian minister of economy declared that Germany and Denmark had more poor people than Argentina, it would be nice to compare numbers but Argentina ceased to publish data on the economy...

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!