StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Simulations

Notices and Announcements

Simulations Flight, tank, naval, and any other Sim players gather here.

Old 15 Mar 06, 12:36
Zombie Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Iron Warriors Tank Sim (Blackbean)

Got some new screens for this title today.

Screens

Website

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 15 Mar 06, 22:31
Major General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99]
the website link is dead for me...anyone else?
Old 16 Mar 06, 12:09
Major General
United_States

JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200]
Seems to work fine today.
Old 16 Mar 06, 18:55
Lieutenant General
Slovenia

Tom Phoenix is on the path to success [1-99] Tom Phoenix is on the path to success [1-99] Tom Phoenix is on the path to success [1-99] Tom Phoenix is on the path to success [1-99] Tom Phoenix is on the path to success [1-99] Tom Phoenix is on the path to success [1-99] Tom Phoenix is on the path to success [1-99]
That picture looks awfully familiar to a picture I saw in connection to T-72: Balkans on fire
Old 16 Mar 06, 18:57
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 

Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300]
Nice find. I've always had a soft spot for the T55, I'll have to check this one out.
Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC
Old 16 Mar 06, 20:42
Major General
United_States

Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99] Patrocles is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMoss
Seems to work fine today.
thanks! the link is now working for me.
Old 17 Mar 06, 01:34
Major General
United_States

Hey, you were right Tom!

from the Battlefront site:
"Iron Warriors is the title of the retail release for T72. It is still the same game, except that it's localized into German, French, Italian and Spanish (and english for the UK market). Blackbean/SFI are our distributors. Both the current T72 version as well as the Iron Warriors version will continue to be supported by us. There will also be a release under the title Iron Warriros in North American retail later this year, probably in the summer."
Old 17 Mar 06, 12:10
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 

Jim H. Moreno has disabled reputation
Iron Warriors Demo Now Available

VARESE, ITALY 17TH MARCH 2006

Entertainment software publisher Black Bean will today release a playable demo from the eagerly awaited Iron Warriors: T72 Tank Command.

Iron warriors brings a depth of realism never seen before to the tank simulation genre. Every shell and every piece of terrain has been perfectly recreated to provide gamers with the most realistic tank experience possible!

Point your web browser at http://www.iw.blackbeangames.com where you will find the demo as well as a wealth of information on this incredible simulation.

Download the demo now and get ready to take aim! Iron Warriors break through stores across Europe at end of March.

Iron Warriors features:

+ Intuitive controls allow players to be the driver, gunner and commander of their tank

+ Command a full platoon of vehicles and infantry

+ Fine-tune levels of realism to suit experience

+ Destructible terrain, see the damage you cause!

+ Full ballistics and armour physics for the most realistic tank experience ever!

+ Day/night cycles and dynamic weather create diverse tactical options

+ Play over LAN in thrilling combat scenarios

+ Use the mission editor to create new content and then share it with the community!
Old 17 Mar 06, 16:11
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Nope - link is either broken or...more likely...unable to get past a secure firewall...which means it's really screwd up. My anti-viral software is VERY unhappy with it.
Old 17 Mar 06, 17:43
Zombie Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
The link works fine. The site is European however, so there could be some problems connecting now and then for our American readers. I noticed it was in fact down yesterday for a time.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.
Sponsored Links

Old 17 Mar 06, 20:29
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300]
For those having D/L problems, links:

Gamershell: http://www.gamershell.com/news/28852.html

Worthplaying: http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=1351 (top of links for the T-72 blankans on fire page.
Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC
Old 17 Mar 06, 21:52
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

OK, played the demo, here's my impressions:

Install and setup went smoothly. There's an app to configure your settings without going into the game, friendly for those that are having issues.

The demo itself is impressive, although it doesn't show off the AI as much as I'd like. Your driver is kind of brain dead, so it's best to hop in and drive yourself (more fun too!) Manueverability is modeled well, and you will stall trying to climb hills in too high a gear. Hit an obstacle, and you'll throw track.
Gunnery is where this shines. Ballistics are realistic, and the night sights are some of the better recreations I've seen in an armor sim. It's a hoot to blast targets on the range while moving.

Gripes: You have to hit the objective indicator box, getting close isn't good enough. The default key setup is clunky, and the windows key is definately your enemy in this game.

This game has a lot of potential, and I'll buy it to check out the multiplayer. This one reminds me of M1TP2 in many ways. Not as complicated as Steel Beasts, this is probably the game for beggining tank sim fans. Take time to read the instructions and find a key setup you are confortable with, it'll pay off. Hopefully later on they'll add other playable tanks besides the Russian monsters. I'd love to see what the Leo could do with this engine.

EDIT: Actually this is T-72 Balkans on fire renamed for retail release. I passed this game up when it first came out due to the old buggy demo, however The more I play this the more I like it. Make sure and check out your hit vectors on targets after the scenario is finished. Also, I may take back what I said about the AI. Infantry will actually displace when engaged, however they do stand up and become MG fodder eventually. Still, it's a blast popping off a round or two at the RPG gunners. Tanks aren't as smart, and when engaged at range I get the impression they are coded to sagger dance and end up throwing track. Make sure you send an HE round in after the kill to get the crew, as they dismount their disabled vehicle and seek cover.

Last edited by Arkane; 18 Mar 06 at 01:35..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!