StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Napoleonic Era

Notices and Announcements

Napoleonic Era Discuss the many wars fought around the globe around the time of Napoleon. This forum is dedicated to the memory of Ben Weider and our late friend and long time ACG Staff member, Michael Brown, better known here as Post Captain.

Old 01 Mar 09, 17:24
General
Brazil
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaross@ View Post
I'm searching Lithuanian Tartars formation. Formed in 1812 and asigned to Imperial Guard.
Take a look at pages 24 ( plate H ), 28 and 29.

http://books.google.com/books?id=5j3...ard+osprey&lr=

Take a look at page 13: http://books.google.com/books?id=e-G...uanian+tartars
Old 01 Mar 09, 20:05
Lance Corporal
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

ger is on the path to success [1-99]
Download

Hi Guys
Been trying to download the plates from repd but without success - cab anyone help? I do not have a clue what I am doing wrong.
Best regards
Gerry McGinty
Old 01 Mar 09, 21:40
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger View Post
Hi Guys
Been trying to download the plates from repd but without success - cab anyone help? I do not have a clue what I am doing wrong.
Best regards
Gerry McGinty
I just used the free option. You have to wait about 35 seconds and then press the download button. Takes a minute or 2 with a high speed connection.

Don't even try it with dial-up!

Hope this helps.
Old 02 Mar 09, 00:34
General
Brazil
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Barbaross@

The Imperial Guard and Polish Nationalism: 1812-1814
by Paul Dawson

The squadron of Lithuanian Tartars was created at Vilna on October 8, 1812 to be raised, interestingly enough, from the Moslem descendants of Genghis Khan who had settled in Lithuania during the Middle Ages. The idea for the unit was proposed in July of that year to one of the Emperor's aides-de-camp, General Count Van Hogendorp, then Govemor-General of the Grand Duchy. Major Mustapha Mura Achrnatowicz, a Lieutenant Colonel in the Polish cavalry, actually suggested the idea and offered to raise the unit if it were incorporated into Napoleon's Imperial Guard.
Napoleon appointed Major Achrnatowicz as the chef d 'escadron, and on 24 August 1812 charged him with raising a regiment. But due to the lack of patriotic vigour among Lithuanians, and the already disastrous consequences of the campaign, the major was only able to raise a squadron.
On 22 March 1813, Marshal Bessieres incorporated the squadron of the Lithuanian Tartars, now reduced to 50 men and 3 officers, into the debris of the 3rd Regiment of Lancers of the Guard. At the same time, the 3rd Guard Light Horse was disbanded and the remnants became the 7th Squadron of the famous 1ere Chevaulegers Lanciers Polonais of a Napoleon's Imperial Guard. The Tartars became the 15th Company (French squadrons consisted of a 2 companies), but on the 9 December 1813 it was attached to form the new 3rd Eclaireurs (Scouts) Regiment.
The strength of the Tartar squadron was recorded at 24 men on June 22, and at 26 Tartars on July 11, of which 6 still wore the old uniforms.Lithuanian Military under Napoleon in 1812

Full article: http://www.napoleon-series.org/milit...uardpoles.html

Lithuanian Military under Napoleon in 1812 by Ilya Kudriashov

http://www.napoleon-series.org/milit...ithuanian.html

Last edited by Zouave; 02 Mar 09 at 00:38..
Old 02 Mar 09, 03:20
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands

repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99]
here is a link to the book of chelminski
the language is polish but the 48 plates are superb plate 47 is handling the lihuanian tartars the rest are plates of the polish napoleonic army http://rapidshare.com/files/160673725/CD-2004-04_Army_of_the_Grand_Duchy_or_Warsaw__Poland__of_t he_Napoleonic_Wars_by_Chelminski.rar
Sponsored Links

Old 02 Mar 09, 03:22
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands

repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99] repd is on the path to success [1-99]
this is the complete link

http://rapidshare.com/files/16067372...Chelminski.rar
Old 02 Mar 09, 03:47
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands

http://www.histunif.com/
this site is full of italian uniforms and army information
Old 02 Mar 09, 03:55
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands

hereby some links to keep you busyhttp://rapidshare.com/files/160599468/Uniformology_-_CD-2004-32_Napoleon_s_Imperial_Guard_Vol_II.pdf
Old 02 Mar 09, 03:57
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands

http://rapidshare.com/files/16061158...uard_Vol_I.pdf
Old 02 Mar 09, 04:00
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands

this is the last one
when i have more links i will post them http://rapidshare.com/files/16060837...eonic_Wars.pdf
Old 02 Mar 09, 06:20
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 

Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Thanks Zouave and repd. Tartar unit's were also in army of the Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania XVII-XVIII cent. caling lipki/lipkowie. They were muslims but very loyal to the Crown.
In Napoleon's army they were somewhat unusual and oriental as Mameluks.

Historia Wojskowa Portal Historyczno-Wojskowy phw.org.pl
Old 02 Mar 09, 16:52
Sergeant Major
EU

ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger View Post
Hi Guys
Best regards
Gerry McGinty
I am also having a problem, PDF reader says the files are corrupt, I'm using Adobe Reader 9, and I get a similar message with the Rapid Share Files, Link message reads 'File not found'.

Any help would be appreciated.

No problems with Dibble201Bty files, Tremendous pictures.

Ed
Old 03 Mar 09, 01:22
General of the Forums
Luxembourg
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

General Brock has disabled reputation
When that happens it means they are gone due to copyright issues.

Regards
James
Old 03 Mar 09, 04:05
Sergeant Major
EU

ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99]
I dont' think that copyright is the reason, other members are posting saying what great pictures they are.

I'm refering to the posts on P15 & 16.
ED
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!