StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion > American Revolution

Notices and Announcements

American Revolution 1763-1789 The birth of a new nation - to commence at the Proclaimation of 1763 to the end of the Articles of Confederation.

Old 07 Sep 09, 16:54
Sergeant Major
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Commodore_1812 is on the path to success [1-99] Commodore_1812 is on the path to success [1-99] Commodore_1812 is on the path to success [1-99] Commodore_1812 is on the path to success [1-99] Commodore_1812 is on the path to success [1-99] Commodore_1812 is on the path to success [1-99]
Benedict Arnold.

I'd give him a little advice....

"Stay the hell out of Philadelphia!"
Old 28 Oct 09, 11:24
Corporal
United_States

TM2(SW/AW) is on the path to success [1-99]
Would like to talk to John Paul Jones and John Barry. Also Joshua Humphries who built the majority of the Continental Navy ships.
Old 10 Nov 09, 09:52
Captain
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99]
I would like to sit and chat with George Mason who was so dedicated to the necessary guarantee of Individual rights insisted upon by the Anti-federalists.

I would like to meet John Tipton who represented frontier counties in several important congress. He served while in VA at the congress that approved the VA Bill of Rights. He also served for NC at the ratifying convention for the Constitution as a member of the anti-federalist crowd that, again, was insisting upon a Bill of Rights. Col. Tipton was also my direct ancestor thereby giving him a little boost in the choosing.
Old 13 Nov 09, 01:38
Corporal
United_States

skipperbob is on the path to success [1-99] skipperbob is on the path to success [1-99]
Nathaniel Greene - He was succesful in every job that Washington asked of him! Commanding a division, clearing up a logistics mess and finally leading a small army in a brilliant campaign in the South that was a major reason for the American victory in the war.
Old 26 Nov 09, 21:28
Staff Sergeant
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

ceardog is on the path to success [1-99] ceardog is on the path to success [1-99] ceardog is on the path to success [1-99]
like to meet

Nathaniel Greene "The Fighting Quaker"
Old 29 Nov 09, 02:07
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceardog View Post
Nathaniel Greene "The Fighting Quaker"
Ceardog,

Good to see you backon the forums, its been awhile........

Peace through superior firepower.
Old 02 Feb 10, 14:16
Sergeant Major
Pirate

ONSunset is on the path to success [1-99] ONSunset is on the path to success [1-99] ONSunset is on the path to success [1-99] ONSunset is on the path to success [1-99]
Gw

I would love to meet just about everyone of the major characters of the Revolutionary War of all sides but the one that most intrigues me is George Washington. The man was a colossus. He had the patience of Jobe, was with his men at Valley Forge and suffered right along with them while many of the Continental Army officers asked to go to be with their families, had the misfortune of having his step daughter die in his arms from an epileptic seizure, retired from his command after the fighting was over instead of becoming another Napoleon became another Cincinnatus, and he confessed to shopping down the cherry tree . I would also have wanted to see how imposing a physical figure he was. Was he 6 foot 3 220lb? Could have been a LB today.
Old 13 Feb 10, 08:42
First Sergeant
United_States

milhistorian is on the path to success [1-99] milhistorian is on the path to success [1-99]
I'm more of a military than that of politics. I know that politics has a great hold on military matters and vice versa, but I would go with any of the military leaders. I would be interested in meeting any and everyone from the highest ranking general officer to the lowest ranking private. They all had their part to play, every man jack of em.
Old 13 Feb 10, 11:44
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
Greatest Blunders Campaign 

IronMan15 is on the path to success [1-99] IronMan15 is on the path to success [1-99] IronMan15 is on the path to success [1-99]
Alexander Hamilton-Supposedly an ancester

Francis Marion

Nathanael Greene

Psalms 144.1
Old 20 Feb 10, 16:02
Colonel
UK

History fan has demonstrated strength of character [100] History fan has demonstrated strength of character [100] History fan has demonstrated strength of character [100] History fan has demonstrated strength of character [100] History fan has demonstrated strength of character [100] History fan has demonstrated strength of character [100] History fan has demonstrated strength of character [100] History fan has demonstrated strength of character [100]
To be honest Ban Tarleton and George Hanger would be my choices as they would be great drinkin mates down the pub. Many of the puritans screaming about Jesus I could take or leave to be honest.
Sponsored Links

Old 20 Feb 10, 16:26
Captain
United_States

Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99]
not that many of our founders were particularly religious.
Old 20 Feb 10, 16:27
Captain
United_States

GW was reputed to enjoy more than just a bit of wine in the evenings.
Old 23 Feb 10, 17:27
Private
UK

whiskey-galore is on the path to success [1-99]
I'd have really liked to have met a man called Simon Girty - a former Indian agent who turned from the American cause to join the British a couple of years into the War of Independence. Girty was for decades painted as a tyranical character - being smashed over the head by Joseph Brant leaving a huge scar he had to cover with a bandana probably didn't help either. In spite of his poor PR he was, however, a really intricate character who appears to have spent alot of time trying to save American prisoners captured by the Indians of the Ohio Valley.
Old 29 Apr 10, 17:50
Lieutenant General
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200]
Thomas Paine for sure, one of the most important thinkers of that era who played a crucial role in coming up with justification for rebellion. After that, probably Benjamin Franklin from the rebels and Joseph Brant for the Loyalist side.
Old 30 Apr 10, 14:34
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
not that many of our founders were particularly religious.
On the contrary, I would say just the opposite. Our founding fathers were very much religion based people. If you read their actual writings, God and the books of the Bible play a major role in much of what they had to say.

Last edited by johnbryan; 30 Apr 10 at 21:27..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!