StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks

Notices and Announcements

The Barracks For stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Members can retire from the serious discussions elsewhere on the forums...and relax here.

Old 24 Nov 17, 03:21
Recruit
United_States

KL70 is on the path to success [1-99]
What skill/trait do you think you most inherited from one of your ancestors and why?

What serious or humorous skill and/or trait do you think you most inherited from one of your ancestors and why?
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 24 Nov 17, 04:10
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
cynicism...
why did I inherit it?
no clue..

Old 24 Nov 17, 05:10
Lieutenant General
United_States

wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300]
Stoicism and egalitarianism.

The later is more complicated than it may be assumed. I suspect it has it roots in Christianity. It reflects the idea that before God all are potentially equal regardless of their earthly status. It is the conviction that every person is worthy of respect. It has nothing to do with equality of outcome but rather the insurance that regardless of birthright every person should be given the opportunity to contribute to society according to their ability. It is therefore incumbent on everyone to not create obstacles for others but to help remove them and to do so in a way that is not prideful.

Stoicism because bestowing equal respect to all individuals will make you the target of those who pride themselves on their superiority be that in, intellectual terms, in terms of popularity, economic and social status or simple resentment.
Old 24 Nov 17, 06:28
General of the Forums
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Alcoholism and a good sense of humour; am a happy drunk.

I also have a very flexible/elastic skin, which gives no clear benefit though.
Old 24 Nov 17, 06:59
ACG Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900]
R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900]
A cunning sense of survival--my ancestors were border raiders between England and Scotland. They invented an insurance racket centuries before Al Capone. They required people to pay a 'blackmail' to keep them from burning their homestead and stealing their cattle.
Old 24 Nov 17, 10:18
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 
SPQR Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
I inherited my singing voice from my Father and Grandfather. My imagination apparently from my mother's father, but I only have other peoples word to go by on that as both of my grandfathers died very young.
Old 24 Nov 17, 13:57
Lieutenant General
United_States

wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300]
I saw the same question on another forum, what's up with that?
Old 24 Nov 17, 17:23
General
Scotland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400]
Lung Capacity
Old 25 Nov 17, 23:38
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

slick24 is simply cracking [600]
slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600]
hunting skills and woodsmanship. My father, grandfather and great grandfather were all great at it and I got a little bit of their ability. I don't think I am near as good as they were but I have some skills.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein
Old 25 Nov 17, 23:46
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddybhoy View Post
Lung Capacity
I suppose that's better than intestine capacity...
Sponsored Links

Old 26 Nov 17, 13:44
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
An impressive tolerance for BS...
Old 26 Nov 17, 15:42
General of the Forums
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500]
Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500]
Finance. My father (now retired), brother, two cousins and myself all work/worked in the finance industry.
Old 27 Nov 17, 11:00
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Cool ...no, really...

Storytelling, it goes back to the 9th century in my family...
Old 27 Nov 17, 12:15
Major General
Canada

Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Ah, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
An impressive tolerance for BS...
... so you were fortunate to be likewise allowed a tolerant upbringing then?
Old 27 Nov 17, 14:04
General
Scotland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
I suppose that's better than intestine capacity...
You are way more full of **** than me

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!