StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion > American Revolution

Notices and Announcements

American Revolution 1763-1789 The birth of a new nation - to commence at the Proclaimation of 1763 to the end of the Articles of Confederation.

Old 30 Apr 12, 21:03
Captain
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99]
American Artillery at Bunker Hill

Got into my latest issue of PATR today and ran into something not usually found in history magazines. Found myself laughing. Seems I was chuckling several times at Mr. Cubbison's slightly scarcastic presentation of Major Gridley's ineffective artillery performance at Bunker Hill. At one point, Gridley un-limbered his artillery pieces for firing at the HMS Glasgow. "As one modern historian has assessed: 'the Glasgow never realized that it was under attack; at least there is no such entry in either of its logs.'"

Anyway, it was funnier when he said it. good article. Link below:

http://patriotsar.com/current/index.html
Old 30 Apr 12, 21:55
Staff Sergeant
United_States

Hugh has disabled reputation
Just got my copy today and hadn't read it yet. That's hilarious!
Civil War Milledgeville
Remembering Milledgeville
www.hughharrington.com
Old 01 May 12, 08:49
Captain
United_States

Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99]
Hi Hugh, always nice to see you in the forums. Seems there was also a story about the forging and operation of the huge chain that blocked the Hudson at West Point. At first blush, the making of a chain would not appear the stuff great stories are made of. However, in this case, you made quite an interesting tale. Too bad they never tested the effectiveness of the chain. Such an oddball weapon.
Old 01 May 12, 18:55
Staff Sergeant
United_States

Hugh has disabled reputation
And, what's really intriguing is the hint that the monster could be lowered at one end to allow passage of friendly ships. How in the world did they do that! Glad you liked the article.
Civil War Milledgeville
Remembering Milledgeville
www.hughharrington.com
Old 26 Jun 12, 17:56
Captain
United_States

American Revolution Magazine

Got my latest copy of the magazine the other day. Think I will say a little something about an article or two but, they have officially changed the name. It is the same magazine (high quality all the way) but are now to be known as AMERICAN REVOLUTION magazine instead of the old

Patriots of the American Revolution. I think the editor said something about inviting more diverse articles and being more inclusive. Sounds fine to me as long as they keep publishing.

But I do think a new thread might be in order.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!