StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Napoleonic Era

Notices and Announcements

Napoleonic Era Discuss the many wars fought around the globe around the time of Napoleon. This forum is dedicated to the memory of Ben Weider and our late friend and long time ACG Staff member, Michael Brown, better known here as Post Captain.

Old 11 Nov 15, 15:38
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700]
dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Ahhhh... that does look good.
Old 11 Nov 15, 19:38
Private
Canada

Dismal Jimmy is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinz Essling View Post
SPI's Ney v Wellington from S&T magazine concerning Quatre Bras (a simpler version of Wellington's Victory)
That is far and away my favourite tactical level Napoleonic game. Large enough to give you plenty of units to play with, small enough to finish in less than a turtle's lifespan, balanced enough that the better general wins. The LOS rules were always a bit tricky, but that happens in a lot of boardgames. Two thumbs way up for that one.

Old 11 Nov 15, 23:06
General
Brazil
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratego View Post
At the 'Spellenspektakel' in Eindhoven last week I couldn't resist myself and I purchased me this game:

It looks great...it's an exceptional game and I'm sure it will not please everybody except for the real Napoleonic 'buffs'.

Kind regards,
Stratego
Youtube has some very informative videos on this one, Jason.

Unboxing Legion of Honor (lots of goodies inside): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXW79NEUqq0

Legion of Honor review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpvIkftUmVc

Legion of Honor - Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RUQTevYwOA

Legion of Honor - On Campaign Round: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI8AZLUK-bA

I have to say... It looks like an amazing game (just take a look at that box full of goodies)!

Gain experience, promotions, wealthy, medals and titles... Rise fast or slow... This game has it all... Duels, sex (yes, it can bring some advantages), live with honor or not, try to save the eagle or run away, act with courage and you may die or be a coward and save your life, take risks and rise fast on your military career or play it safe (being promoted very slowly), try to get Napoleon's attention and favour, fight in various campaigns between 1792 and 1815 (if you can survive all those campaigns, one after the other), lead the eagle forward or not, parlay with the enemy, use your skills to survive, join the eagles during the Hundred Days or not (you could be shot just Ney was) and much more. What's not to like?

I'm very tempted to buy this one, my friend.
Old 11 Nov 15, 23:31
General
Brazil
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Zouave has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismal Jimmy View Post
That is far and away my favourite tactical level Napoleonic game. Large enough to give you plenty of units to play with, small enough to finish in less than a turtle's lifespan, balanced enough that the better general wins. The LOS rules were always a bit tricky, but that happens in a lot of boardgames. Two thumbs way up for that one.

Dismal Jimmy,

I don't know if you are aware that Decision Games is reprinting and updating SPI's Napoleon's Last Battles and Wellington's Victory.

http://shop.decisiongames.com/Produc...oductCode=3008

http://shop.decisiongames.com/Produc...oductCode=3033

Z
Old 12 Nov 15, 20:03
Private
Canada

Dismal Jimmy is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouave View Post
Dismal Jimmy,

I don't know if you are aware that Decision Games is reprinting and updating SPI's Napoleon's Last Battles and Wellington's Victory.

Z
I was not aware. (And now I am).

WV was nice, but NvW was the better game IMO, for the reasons I gave. But I'm still gonna get it.
How troublesome it sat upon my head.

Currently Reading: Blood Sisters - The Women Behind The Wars Of The Roses, Sarah Gristwood.
Sponsored Links

Old 26 Dec 15, 16:51
Sergeant Major
Italy
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99]
This will be one of the cards of the game Napoleon Saga, at the following link https://www.facebook.com/Napoleon-Sa...4990/timeline/

Old 31 Jan 16, 04:40
Sergeant Major
Italy
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99] Warpaint is on the path to success [1-99]
These will be some of the French cards of the game Napoleon Saga, at the following link https://www.facebook.com/Napoleon-Sa...4990/timeline/

Old 23 May 17, 16:13
Sergeant Major
Italy
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Napoleon Saga

Make this come true:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-saga-waterloo

Last edited by Warpaint; 24 May 17 at 09:58..
Old 24 May 17, 16:28
General of the Forums
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint View Post
Looks darn good Warpaint
You have my support ;-)
May 2018 estimated delivery date?

Kind regards,
Stratego

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG
Old 24 May 17, 18:21
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouave View Post
Dismal Jimmy,

Z
dang.and.I.was.just.gong.to.put.my.Wellington's.Victory.and.Ney.Vs.Wellington.up.for.sale
Old 25 May 17, 06:09
Sergeant Major
Italy
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratego View Post
Looks darn good Warpaint
You have my support ;-)
May 2018 estimated delivery date?

Kind regards,
Stratego
Thanks, Stratego.

Yes, May 2018, but likely before, if the Kickstarter reach the goal.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!