StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion > American Colonial Era

Notices and Announcements

American Colonial Era 1660-1763 The growth of North American colonies, often with a change in native & national control.

Old 28 Jul 09, 09:47
General of the Forums
Hungary
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Anyone else?

Under orders of His Majesty, King George II, I am finalizing the Task Organization and Command List for the Army of Major-General Braddock. If anyone else is interested in a Command in His Lordship's Forces, it is time to step forward.

God Save the King.

Jeff Smith
Colonel of Virginia Militia

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
http://www.mormon.org
http://www.sca.org
http://www.scv.org/
http://www.scouting.org/
Old 28 Jul 09, 11:17
General of the Forums
Hungary

Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Time for some maintenance!

Quote:
Widow Maker has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
Not sure why Widow Maker is suddenly plural, but in any case, he/they can't receive PMs right now.

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
Old 28 Jul 09, 11:18
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
April 1st 1755 - The Blue Room

Major-General Braddock of His Majesty's British Army has reportedly been staying in Carlyle House, Alexandria for the last couple of weeks in order to plan his campaign. Sources close to the House's owner report he is most distressed that the general is '...abusing his house and furnishings...' and is '...too fond of his passions, women and wine...'.

Visitors to the house have included five colonial governors, although no further promises of support for Braddock's expedition have been forthcoming. General Braddock tonight hosted a small gathering of friends in order to celebrate the success of his forthcoming campaign against the French.

Last edited by Khryses; 28 Jul 09 at 18:40..
Old 28 Jul 09, 12:47
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
You have to love victory parties before the campaign!
Old 28 Jul 09, 12:52
Lance Corporal
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Minuteman21 is on the path to success [1-99]
When does this game start and who will be sending my orders.
Old 28 Jul 09, 12:54
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman21 View Post
Looks like Khryses is ready to get things going. Janos will turn out his Order of Battle for the British Forces soon. And your command will be in there.

As to who is General Braddock, there seems to be some confusion. It will be either Lance Williams or Widow Maker playing the part. Hopefully this will be worked out some time today, on all accounts, and we can move forward.

Old 28 Jul 09, 12:56
General of the Forums
Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torien View Post
You have to love victory parties before the campaign!
If it's like 1755, Braddock will be attending a funeral after the battle, so he won't have time then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman21 View Post
We're still working on the chain of command.

As Paul Harvey used to say, "Stand by for news!"

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
Old 28 Jul 09, 13:02
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Very comforting to watch you British busy like that

Contrecoeur, Colonel French Marines
CiC French-Indian Forces Ohio Valley

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old 28 Jul 09, 13:06
General of the Forums
Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSennef View Post

It's almost as good where you are, I guess.

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
Old 28 Jul 09, 16:41
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSennef View Post

Well, if you want to come down here and join the party feel free. The General might be busy, but for the Regiments it's drill after drill after drill.......We'd really like a chance to fire at some moving targets, like Frenchmen running away!!!!!!

Old 28 Jul 09, 18:26
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
In the end I decided to avoid (?) confusion by sending the starting information to both Widow Maker and Lance Williams so that once we know who's at the top they have the information they need to get things set up for the British-Colonials.

At the moment I think it's Lance Williams as Braddock, but I could be wrong - I thought it was Widow Maker when I went to bed. On the other hand, Braddock will most certainly have an able second to help him command the extended British-Colonial OB, so there's a silver lining in our current confusion.
Old 28 Jul 09, 18:39
Lieutenant General
Australia
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

April 2nd 1755 - Carlyle House

After the stunning success of last night's celebration in which General Braddock outlined the salient points of his campaign plan against the encroaching French forts around the Ohio Forks, Colonial Fathers went home well-satisfied that the Major General had their interests well in hand - an attitude somewhat bolstered by the General's assertion that:

"These savages may, indeed, be a formidable enemy to your raw American militia, but upon the King’s regular and disciplined troops, sir, it is impossible that they should make such an impression."

Tonight even the nay-sayers among them were silenced when at an otherwise female-dominated dinner party General Braddock named the 23-year old Lieutenant-Colonel Washington to his staff. Best known for his recent surrender to the French at Fort Necessity, he previously toured all the French forts in the Ohio Valley to warn them of our implacable response to their aggression. This was taken as a sign that General Braddock plans to make good use of local knowledge to more swiftly drive the Frenchman and his savage allies from our doorstep.
Old 29 Jul 09, 01:32
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khryses View Post
At the moment I think it's Lance Williams as Braddock, but I could be wrong - I thought it was Widow Maker when I went to bed. On the other hand, Braddock will most certainly have an able second to help him command the extended British-Colonial OB, so there's a silver lining in our current confusion.
Lance is the commander. He has the prior claim. Nobody seemed firmly committed when I first posted but Lance had been proposed as Braddock. I sent him a PM as soon I joined the game to see if really wanted to be the big boss. He does and that settles if for me. He got a PM to me before my message buffers got full.
Old 29 Jul 09, 01:39
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janos View Post
Not sure why Widow Maker is suddenly plural, but in any case, he/they can't receive PMs right now.
I received about the first eight PM's from you guys. I knew I was nearing the limit but I lost my service provider went out for more than a day. I couldn't get in to clear any room. The local ISP seems to go out about eveery month and a half.
Old 29 Jul 09, 04:03
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
'Quel bordel chez les anglais'

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 29 Jul 09 at 04:06..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!