StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Happening Now > Politics Central

Notices and Announcements

Politics Central An archive of discussions of a political nature that took place here.

View Poll Results: Cancel politics thread for a month-ish over Christmas ?
Yes 15 37.50%
No 12 30.00%
%^"! that. 13 32.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Dec 13, 18:12
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
Oh brother, now I'm an American Protestant....can't you get one damned thing right?
I can't be too disappointed, batting .500 as I am: you're still ignorant.

I was considering deleting that line as too harsh, but it's so damned funny that comedic necessity compels me to leave it in.

Quote:
Arrogance? Isn't that exactly what you're displaying? You can take your "arrogance" label and shove it straight up your tailpipe and choke on it the long, hard way.
Let us quote from the Book of Hida Akechi:

Quote:
. . . . It is disrespectful toward Jesus and Christians, intentionally.
So you claim not only to speak for over 2 billion Christians, but also for the Savior Himself. That's not arrogance?

Maybe Jesus is tired of signing his name Y'shua ben Yousef (my apologies for not knowing how that would look in Aramaic) and X suits Him very well. Have you asked Him?

Quote:
I'm not wrong in my opinion. By saying Xmas instead of Christmas, one is intentionally leaving out the reason why it is called Christmas. The arrogance of trying to paste some sort of ancient definition on why the X is used is utterly ridiculous and a complete assault on the holiday.
"Trying"?

It's been there for nearly two thousand years. Whose trying what?

Let me ask you this: on the eve of the Battle of the Milvian Bridge, when God said to Constantine "in this sign conquer," what sign do you think He meant?

Quote:
Sure, you want to stand on the street corner and cry out the history of using X in place of Christ?
Why would I want to stand out on the street corner? All I have to do is speak fact.

As opposed to opinion, that is.

Quote:
Be my guest, educate the world.
Why bother, when so many are apparently beyond education.

Quote:
In the meantime, Christians and the rest of us
There you go again. Are you suggesting that I'm not Christian?

Quote:
trying to remember the spirit of this holiday will call it by it's legal and standard name: CHRISTMAS.
Where in the Gospels did it say that Jesus was a lawyer?

Quote:
It's offensive to some to say Xmas instead of Christmas. Bottom line.
Only those who think themselves in possession of the perfect Christianity are so offended. "Bottom line."

Quote:
Ahhh, dammit.

This holiday isn't supposed to be about arguing and yelling. I just get a bit upset when the left and their apologists assault Christmas. It gets worse and worse every year.
Consider it an early gift to the not-so better angels of your nature.

Quote:
I didn't have one person wish me or my wife a Happy Yule, Merry Christmas OR Happy Holidays at all when we were out shopping. Very depressing. Probably what's put me on edge at the moment.
That's because Christmas shopping has nothing to do with Christ and everything to do with getting scalped. It's just too damned stressful.

Quote:
To everyone I wish an honest apology for defending Christmas the way that I did, and for the harsh words I threw out.
No, no, no. You want to sling more nasties, not less. Think of it as a pre-Xmas gift for me.

Quote:
This is supposed to be a happy time during this Holiday...so please have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Yule in spite of me.
I'll accept your seasonal felicitations -- in two weeks time.

Last edited by slick_miester; 24 Dec 13 at 18:32..
Old 24 Dec 13, 20:41
General
Ukraine

RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300]
Anyway.

Merry Christmas & Счастливого Рождества
to all !!!!!

Beware of Occam's razor !!!!

Last edited by RS116; 24 Dec 13 at 21:31..
Old 24 Dec 13, 23:26
General of the Forums
United_States

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS116 View Post
Anyway.

Merry Christmas & Счастливого Рождества
to all !!!!!
Христос рождаеця! Славте его!

Oh boy. We'd better lay low now, lest Cardinal Torquemada back there peg our asses as heretics.

Old 26 Dec 13, 03:58
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900]
Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
And you're ugly.
People that get mean when they drink...should refrain from drinking.
Old 26 Dec 13, 09:53
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
People that get mean when they drink...should refrain from drinking.
Writing fortune cookies now? Good to see you've finally found a career!

I don't drink, if your labored effort was suggesting that.
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Sponsored Links

Old 26 Dec 13, 13:44
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
I don't drink . . . .
Live in a dry county?

Old 26 Dec 13, 13:50
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
Live in a dry county?

You're close-two of four precincts are dry. Imagine that from an enforcement angle...

Actually never picked up the habit.
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!