StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Happening Now > Politics Central

Notices and Announcements

Politics Central An archive of discussions of a political nature that took place here.

Old 29 Nov 12, 12:15
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
Outside large urban areas with dense population the Democrats get little traction. I think both parties need to reassess their values and where they are at.
Well Americas is around 81% urban, so the Democrats don't need to care about the small towns or rural areas.
Old 29 Nov 12, 13:00
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV Ron View Post
And, purging the voting records of the dead and those that have left.

Voter ID, something vigorously opposed by the Progressive Democrats, would also level the playing field.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5131755AAJfzmD
http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/index.php?article=691
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-104542-8488r/
http://www.examiner.com/article/is-o...o-vote-for-him
And, video proof of a local news report.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILJDudUpct0

Since the tipping point has been reached, the 47% getting freebes from the Government, members of the Teacher's and UAW unions, and all the Government employees making twice what the private sector pays that vote for Democrats, the RNC is just wasting their time trying to regain power. Democrats will remain in power until the day arrives that the money runs out. Then, it will quickly fall apart for them.
I agree, thank you for the response. And links.
Old 29 Nov 12, 13:02
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
What kind of ignorant mind thinks a 51% to 48% win in an election is a "landslide"? That's called a "close" election, and a wakeup call for BOTH sides.
Old 29 Nov 12, 13:06
Banned
United_States

e33 is on the path to success [1-99] e33 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
What kind of ignorant mind thinks a 51% to 48% win in an election is a "landslide"? That's called a "close" election, and a wakeup call for BOTH sides.
The president received the majority vote and the electoral votes. The electoral vote count of 332 - 206 is what I would call a huge landslide. Not even close. What planet do you live on?
Old 30 Nov 12, 07:32
Major General
United_States

Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300]
Oh, please, you can cry and whinge all you want, but the reality is that the neo-Conservative movement got its A$$ kicked pretty good.

So now, instead of offering new ideas about how to fix the Republican Party with workable ideas to win over the public, you all just keep on keeping on. Free-wheeling greed will never win over the general public, nor will mean-spirited social conservatism. The Republican Party needs to rescue itself from the power trippers.

We need to propose good Conservative ideas on how to save the nation/and or the banking system with doable measures, which may mean new regulations to control greed and nastiness as well as rescinding some of the old ways of doing things. It has for some years amazed me that the Prosperity Gospel and its associated evils somehow got grafted onto the back of the Republican Party.

We need to go back to good old Conservative ideas as represented by the American Conservative media type rather than FOX-style neo-conservatism, in other words, practical dreams rather than pound-over-the-head visions of grandeur.

I would say the first step to more and better Republican national wins would be to get a divorce from FOX punditry. If a pol hires on with them he should get his party card handed back on a platter.
Old 30 Nov 12, 08:23
Brigadier General
Australia

Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
Oh, please, you can cry and whinge all you want, but the reality is that the neo-Conservative movement got its A$$ kicked pretty good.
I'm confused. Who said anything about neo-conservatism? No-one on this board, not Romney, not Ryan, not Fox. How did you get that idea?
You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk
Old 30 Nov 12, 08:40
General of the Forums
Australia
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e33 View Post
Bahahha. Show us an instance of illegal aliens voting

See what I did there? Eh, eh?

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!
Old 30 Nov 12, 11:06
Major General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e33 View Post
The president received the majority vote and the electoral votes. The electoral vote count of 332 - 206 is what I would call a huge landslide. Not even close. What planet do you live on?
51/48 is a close election.
The Electoral College distorts the outcome due to the "winner take all" method of awarding votes by State. There is a better way.

I would prefer that each Congressional District plus DC (DC gets one vote based on population) be counted individually with 219 votes (436/2+1) needed to win. Every district is now in play and every vote counts.
Old 30 Nov 12, 11:18
Lieutenant General
Canada

Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
Well Democrats did gain seats in both the House and the Senate.

The Republicans should have done much better.
Old 30 Nov 12, 11:23
Major General
United_States

Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackshot View Post
I'm confused. Who said anything about neo-conservatism? No-one on this board, not Romney, not Ryan, not Fox. How did you get that idea?
I decided when I read that Romney was going to put a lot of George W. Bush’s old administration cronies, such as proposing John Bolton for Secretary of State, in his administration that the neo-cons were still running things. So, therefore, IMO they got their behinds handed to them.

Reading these sorts of things before the election, were among the reasons I voted against Romney. I did not want a repeat of failed policies.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-state/257689/
http://www.policymic.com/articles/36...-war-with-iran
http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/09/pa...reedom-agenda/

In my opinion, FOX news is a neo-conservative organization. Pat Buchanan and his American Conservative media organization are more traditional conservatives.

Old 30 Nov 12, 11:33
Sergeant Major
United_States

mconrad is on the path to success [1-99] mconrad is on the path to success [1-99] mconrad is on the path to success [1-99] mconrad is on the path to success [1-99] mconrad is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
51/48 is a close election.

I would prefer that each Congressional District plus DC (DC gets one vote based on population) be counted individually with 219 votes (436/2+1) needed to win. Every district is now in play and every vote counts.
Wow, talk about the pressure to gerrymander! At least under the electoral system the state boundaries are fixed!
Old 30 Nov 12, 11:39
General of the Forums
United_States

Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
I decided when I read that Romney was going to put a lot of George W. Bush’s old administration cronies, such as proposing John Bolton for Secretary of State, in his administration that the neo-cons were still running things. So, therefore, IMO they got their behinds handed to them.

Reading these sorts of things before the election, were among the reasons I voted against Romney. I did not want a repeat of failed policies.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-state/257689/
http://www.policymic.com/articles/36...-war-with-iran
http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/09/pa...reedom-agenda/

In my opinion, FOX news is a neo-conservative organization. Pat Buchanan and his American Conservative media organization are more traditional conservatives.
So the "neocon" label is being resurrected? That epithet was much more commonly used as code for "non liberal, pro Israel Jews" and "Texas big oil" by conspiracy theorists.
during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
Old 30 Nov 12, 12:43
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
Well Americas is around 81% urban, so the Democrats don't need to care about the small towns or rural areas.
Outside major, dense urban areas the Democrats do poorly. That geographically describes over 90% of the US. While dense urban areas have about a third of the population in them, they are not represenative of most of the country.

As for the electorial college, if it was decided on a by precinct basis rather than the "winner take all" by state system in use Romney would have won even with a minority of the vote.
Old 30 Nov 12, 14:39
Brigadier General
Australia

Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
You think Romney is unelectable? Buchanan would be defeated if he ran on the GOP ticket. Too old-fashioned for nowadays.
You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk
Old 30 Nov 12, 14:55
Lieutenant General
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
Outside major, dense urban areas the Democrats do poorly. That geographically describes over 90% of the US. While dense urban areas have about a third of the population in them, they are not represenative of most of the country.
Well trees and rocks don't have the vote.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!