StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Real Time Strategy Games

Notices and Announcements

Real Time Strategy Games Discussion of all strategy games that use a Real-Time system, from the typical RTS games to the hardcore wargames.

Old 24 Aug 13, 14:15
General of the Forums
South_Africa
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

andrewza has a spectacular aura about [400]
wargame air land battel

Ok so who here plays it.

http://m.uk.gamespot.com/wargame-air...eview-6410884/

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06...-battle-review

CPO Mzinyati
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 14 Sep 13, 00:10
Major General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300]
I play it, but i still suck.
Old 14 Sep 13, 13:45
General of the Forums
South_Africa
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

lol i have only ever won few MP games and never 1v1 or 2v2, so i all so suck.

And i hate T80s bloody bastards don't like to die.

CPO Mzinyati
Old 20 Oct 13, 07:48
Recruit
Belgium

herr_flick is a balanced individual [0]
If someone of this forum wants to play a 1 vs 1, he can add me on steam. My steam name is herr_flick. See you on the battlefield ;-)
Old 15 Nov 13, 13:58
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Playing it, still liked European escalation more but that might change.

Max Sterner
Old 15 Nov 13, 15:01
General of the Forums
South_Africa

i liked escalations campaign style and air lands battle units and deck creation.

CPO Mzinyati
Old 13 Dec 13, 02:01
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99]
Lately, I've been on a Wargame:ALB kick. I had shelved it earlier this summer after getting annoyed with the game's minor quirks (no pause for orders, in particular), but now I think I have learned to just accept it for what it is: a great-looking "beer and pretzels" RTS. I haven't jumped back into MP yet because I have been having a blast with the skirmish generator. This is really where the game shines for me as the possible combinations of forces/maps/game modes are nearly endless, and I find the AI does a good job of keeping you on your toes (but I am terrible at RTS games, so YMMV ). Best of all is the replay function. I have always loved RTS games with this ability - games such as World in Conflict & Dawn of War 1, for example. Playing RTS games can be fun, but watching the replays are even better as these games can create quite the fascinating war movie via all the chaos, mistakes, and frenetic action. It is a shame more casual gamers don't make use of this function (the e-sports crowd uses it a lot, but for more serious purposes). I have used it to create two interesting AARs already!

It can also be fun to take the awesome graphics of this game and use them for...er, more creative projects:

Gonna use that for my third AAR.

But seriously, the graphics in this game are amazing at times. With just a bit of touching-up, they take on an almost photo realistic effect. Been having as much fun playing with the screenshots as I have been playing the game.

Last edited by Rooks Bailey; 13 Dec 13 at 02:06..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!