StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion > American Revolution

Notices and Announcements

American Revolution 1763-1789 The birth of a new nation - to commence at the Proclaimation of 1763 to the end of the Articles of Confederation.

Old 22 Mar 13, 12:26
Major General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300]
Just finished The Whites of Their Eyes: Bunker Hill, the First American Army, and the Emergence of George Washington by Paul Lockhart

It is quite a good book, I thought. The author makes it a fairly dramatic read. Lot of little details like the raid on Noddles Island, the defense of Lechmere's Point, some things that I did not know about, like how people sat on their rooftops in Boston to watch the Battle of Bunker Hill.

Good stuff.
Old 15 Apr 13, 22:55
Lance Corporal
United_States

R5 plus is on the path to success [1-99]
Patriot Pirates by Robert H. Patton (General Patton's grandson) - I kept taking this book out of the library and finally bought it. It offers a different perspective to the war that doesn't seem to be talked about as much.

George Washington, Spymaster by Thomas B. Allen - (juvenile) Stumbled on this book when stuck in the kiddie section of the library. It's a good starting point, but would love to know more - especially what was going on from the British side.

Washington's Spies by Alexander Rose - I vaguely remember this being a good read. Can't remember if it was a juvenile or adult book.

Most of my research into the Revolutionary War has been about sea battles and the Royal Navy. If I remember other good titles, I'll post them.
Old 21 Aug 13, 13:32
Private
United_States

kevikens is on the path to success [1-99]
Deciding to fight the war at all. All that the British accomplished in deciding to play hardball was to further unite the Colonists. Their best strategy would have been to have clamped a naval blockade on the coast and let the colonists start fighting among themselves over how to govern North America. After enough chaos, disorder and internecine bickering, George III would have looked like a combination of Solon, Pericles and the Almighty.
Old 14 Dec 13, 21:54
Private First Class
United_States

cap78 is on the path to success [1-99]
Just started "George Washington's Secret Six"
Old 02 Jul 14, 22:07
Major General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300] Jannie is on a distinguished road [300]
I just finished George Washington's Secret Six. I enjoyed it, but the authors made it seem like this was all new information. I think this was just a rewriting of old history. I read a fiction book some time ago (I wish I could remember its name) about Agent 355, her motivations and her supposed romance with Robert Townsend. The author imagined that she had been hung on board the prison ship where she was imprisoned. I think if the Brits had hung someone for spying they would have published it about so as to discourage more spying, so I think she died of disease on board the prison ship.

Old 03 Jul 14, 09:43
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
I just finished George Washington's Secret Six. I enjoyed it, but the authors made it seem like this was all new information. I think this was just a rewriting of old history. I read a fiction book some time ago (I wish I could remember its name) about Agent 355, her motivations and her supposed romance with Robert Townsend. The author imagined that she had been hung on board the prison ship where she was imprisoned. I think if the Brits had hung someone for spying they would have published it about so as to discourage more spying, so I think she died of disease on board the prison ship.
I have found the book to be poor history, despite the hyperbole, with admitted 'added' dialogue that is definitely not history.

A much better, factual book on the subject is Washington's Spies by Alexander Rose.

Sincerely,
M
To strive to seek to find and not to yield.
Old 06 Jul 14, 14:47
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R5 plus View Post
Patriot Pirates by Robert H. Patton (General Patton's grandson) - I kept taking this book out of the library and finally bought it. It offers a different perspective to the war that doesn't seem to be talked about as much.

George Washington, Spymaster by Thomas B. Allen - (juvenile) Stumbled on this book when stuck in the kiddie section of the library. It's a good starting point, but would love to know more - especially what was going on from the British side.

Washington's Spies by Alexander Rose - I vaguely remember this being a good read. Can't remember if it was a juvenile or adult book.

Most of my research into the Revolutionary War has been about sea battles and the Royal Navy. If I remember other good titles, I'll post them.
I picked up patriot Pirates when I visited Salem, Mass., a very interesting read, especially the privateer's take on the Penobscot fiasco.

Peace through superior firepower.
Old 20 Sep 15, 23:54
Recruit
United_States

mudman is a balanced individual [0]
Patriot Battles by Michael Stephenson(HarperCollins Publishers 2007) is a good book for the 'nuts&bolts' of the how and who fought the war plus a brief look at the important battles.It's a little slanted toward the Left ,but but still a good primer
Old 21 Sep 15, 07:19
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudman View Post
Patriot Battles by Michael Stephenson(HarperCollins Publishers 2007) is a good book for the 'nuts&bolts' of the how and who fought the war plus a brief look at the important battles.It's a little slanted toward the Left ,but but still a good primer
I would have to disagree with you on this volume.

I wrote the following after reading it in June 2007:

'This volume is a great disappointment. It had all the promise of an outstanding work that presented a different view of the War of the Revolution However, none of the opportunities available to pursue that approach to the war and the fascinating characters that populate the period on both sides were attempted.

The basic premise and outline are credible: the first half of the book concerns the armies, weapons, and such seldom covered topics as the women who followed the armies and the Indians. The second half covers selected battles more or less competently, but the book seems to be to be trying to combine the approach of two outstanding works on the Revolution: Harold Peterson's indispensable The Book of the Continental Soldier and WJ Wood's outstanding Battles of the Revolutionary War 1775-1781, and doesn't do it as well as either Peterson or Wood, and we are left with a second-rate account of the war.

The text is riddled with errors. Nathaniel Greene is accused of war profiteering with little or no proof. Monmouth is portrayed as an American loss. Numbers throughout the text are suspect-Rochambeau's French Expeditionary force that was sent to North America in 1780 numbered 5,000 French regulars; the author numbers them around 4,000 which is nothing but sloppy research. Lafayette's numbers in Virginia in 1781 are inflated to 5,000, which is again incorrect. The author's portrayal of the Continentals relies heavily on secondary accounts of what social class the rank and file came from instead of what type of soldiers they were and became. The expertise of the British regular is downplayed considerably, as are the military attributes of the assorted German mercenaries hired by the British government and sent to North America starting in 1776. The chapter on artillery is near-useless. Grapeshot is labelled canister, the usual, accurate artillery terms are not employed by the author (such as 'trajectory' instead of 'elevation') which leads to confusion, and siege artillery is not covered at all in the chapter. This is curious as the sieges in the Revolution were significant. The last one, Yorktown, led to the end of the war.

There are few primary sources listed in the bibliography. I found only fifteen entries that were either primary source material or anthologies which held mostly primary materia in ten pages of listed sources. That is less than ten percent of the total. Excellent material wasn't listed and apparently not used, material that is readily available, such as Johann Ewald's excellent Diary of the American War (the Diary is quoted-but from another book with some of Ewald's material in it). Some dubious references are listed and used such as Neimeyer's America Goes to War and Higginbotham's The War of American Independence (which this reviewer had as a text in college in a course taught by the author-it wasn't impressive and only 'enlightening' in the negative sense).

The greatest fault of the book, however, is the parallels which the author attempts to make with the War in Vietnam and the current war in Iraq. Whatever the author was attempting to show using this vehicle is irrelevant. The attempted parallels all fail and only appear to be a furthering of the author's political agenda for whatever reason. It detracts from the book and is very annoying historically, as well as being grossly inaccurate. The most egregious is the author attempting to equate President Bush with George III, the reigning British monarch during the Revolution. It is ridiculous and just plain silly. A book on the Revolution which is supposed to be a serious work is no place for present-day political rhetoric, comment, or bias. There are proper venues for that type of writing, but this isn't it.

The author failed in his attempt at a valid book on the War of the Revolution. The potential is there, but it was not acted upon. The book is poorly written, poorly researched, and is fatally flawed by preent-day political comment and invalid historical comparisons. This book is not recommended and cannot be used for research because of its inherent flaws and frequent errors in fact.'

There are other, much better books on the Revolution regarding the battles fought that are both more scholarly and more factual without the inaccurate diatribes comparing the period with modern US actions and people.

If you're interested in the period, I would be happy to give you a listing to help you in your study of the War of the Revolution.

Sincerely,
M
Old 25 Sep 15, 02:11
Staff Sergeant
Australia
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Porty is on the path to success [1-99] Porty is on the path to success [1-99] Porty is on the path to success [1-99] Porty is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massena View Post

If you're interested in the period, I would be happy to give you a listing to help you in your study of the War of the Revolution.

Sincerely,
M
Hi Massena,

I'd love to take you up on this offer, if you'd be willing to provide a book list?

I've been looking to learn more about the American Revolution and I'd appreciate your book recommendations.

Cheers

Porty
Old 03 Oct 15, 09:38
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porty View Post
Hi Massena,

I'd love to take you up on this offer, if you'd be willing to provide a book list?

I've been looking to learn more about the American Revolution and I'd appreciate your book recommendations.

Cheers

Porty
Porty,

I didn't see this posting until this morning-my apologies. I'll get on a listing straight away and put it on the forum, if that is all right with you.

Sincerely,
M
Old 03 Oct 15, 09:56
Staff Sergeant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hugh has disabled reputation
Excellent book

Just finished "The Spirit of '74, how the American Revolution Began" by Ray Raphael and Marie Raphael. I highly recommend it. Book explains how Mass. unilaterally rebelled against the Crown and effectively took control of the whole countryside - with the exception of Boston.
Civil War Milledgeville
Remembering Milledgeville
www.hughharrington.com
Old 03 Oct 15, 14:55
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porty View Post
Hi Massena,

Cheers

Porty
Here you go. I have not included any Ospreys, but if you're interested in them, any by Rene Chartrand are definitely worthwhile as they are works of considerable and accurate scholarship.

Others of the series are of varying quality, but the one to stay away from is their volume on Guilford Courthouse as it is very inaccurate beginning with the cover painting.

Sincerely,
Kevin

The War of the American Revolution Recommended Reading List
-The Encyclopedia of Continental Army Unit by Fred Anderson Berg.

-The Continental Army by Robert Wright.

-A Revolutionary People at War by Charles Royster.

-The Battle of Brooklyn by John Gallagher.

-Rebellion in the Ranks by John Nagy.

-A Proper Sense of Honor by Caroline Cox.

-Moses Hazen and the Canadian Refugees in the American Revolution by Alan Everest.

-The Toll of Independence by Howard Peckham.

-George Washington’s Indispensable Men by Authur Lefkowitz.

-The Guns of Independence by Jerome Greene.

-The Road to Guilford Courthouse by John Buchanan.

-‘Fortitude and Forbearance’ The North Carolina Continental Line in the Revolutionary War 1775-1783.

-George Washington’s Enforcers by Harry Ward.

-Forgotten Allies: The Oneida Indians and the American Revolution by Joseph Glatthaar and James Martin.

-The War for America by Piers Macksey.

-The American Revolution in the South by Henry Lee.

-Rag, Tag, and Bobtail by Lynn Montross.

-Diary of the American War by Johann Ewald.

-Voices of the American Revolution in the Carolinas edited by Ed Southern.

-The Partisan War by Russell Weigley.

-The Battle of New Garden by Algie Newlin.

-The British Army in the American Revolution by Edward Curtis.

-‘Cool Deliberate Courage’ John Eager Howard in the American Revolution by Jim Piecuch and John Beakes.

-Colonel John Gunby of the Maryland Line by AA Gunby.

-Masquerade: The Life and Times of Deborah Sampson, Continental Soldier by Alfred Young.

-The North Carolina Continentals by Hugh Rankin.

-Year of the Hangman: George Washington’s Campaign Against the Iroquois by Glenn Williams.

-Benedict Arnold’s Army: The 1775 American Invasion of Canada during the Revolutionary War by Arthur Lefkowitz.

-Lexington and Concord by Arthur Tourtellot.

-Battle of Cowpens by Edwin Bearss.

-Greene and Cornwallis: The Campaign in the Carolinas by Hugh Rankin.

-Another Such Victory by Thomas Baker.

-1781: The Decisive Year of the Revolutionary War by Robert Tonsetic.

-Citizens in Arms by Lawrence Cress.

-Washington’s Eyes: The Continental Light Dragoons by Burt Loescher.

-Battle of Paoli by Thomas McGuire.

-The Long Retreat by Arthur Lefkowitz.

-A Devil of a Whipping by Lawrence Babits.

-A Gallant Defense by Carl Borick.

-Henry Knox by Mark Plus.

-The Road to Valley Forge by John Buchanan.

-Forgotten Patriots by Edwin Burrows.

-Through a Howling Wilderness: Benedict Arnold’s March to Quebec 1775.

-Battles of the Revolutionary War by WJ Wood.

-Burgoyne and the Saratoga Campaign: His Papers by Douglas Cubbison.

-The Battle of Kings Mountain by Robert Dunkerly.

-The Surprise of Germantown by Thomas McGuire.

-The Battles of Saratoga by John Elting.

-The Battle of Bunker’s Hill by John Elting.

-The Battle of Trenton by Samuel Smith.

-The Battle of Monmouth by Samuel Smith.

-The Battle of Princeton by Samuel Smith.

-The Hessian View of America by Ernst Kipping.

-Valley Forge Crucible of Victory by John Reed.

-The Drill Master of Valley Forge by Paul Lockhart.

-Now We Are Enemies by Thomas Fleming.

-Long, Obstinate, and Bloody by Lawrence Babits and Joshua Howard.

-With Zeal and Bayonets Only by Matthew Spring.

-The French Forces in America, 1780-1783 by Lee Kennett.

-Washington’s Crossing by David Hackett Fischer.

-The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution by Bernard Bailyn.

-Washington’s Partisan War by Mark Kwasny.

-The Destructive War by John Pancake.

-Battle of Pensacola by N Orwin Rush.

-The Private Soldier Under Washington by Charles Bolton.

-Light-Horse Harry Lee and the Legacy of the American Revolution by Charles Royster.

-The Battle of Camden by Jim Piecuch.

-The Hessians by Edward Lowell.

-To Starve the Army at Pleasure by E Wayne Carp.

-Siege edited by Virgina Parks.

-The American Heritage Book of the Revolution edited by Richard Ketchum.

-Beaumarchais and the American Revolution by Brian Morton and Donald Spinelli.

-The Philadelphia Campaign Volume I by Thomas Mcguire.

-The Philadelphia Campaign Volume II by Thomas McGuire.

-An Original and Authentic Journal of Occurrences During the Late American War by Roger Lamb.

-John Laurens and the American Revolution by Gregory Massey.

-Washington’s Spies by Alexander Rose.

-Saratoga by John Luzader.

-Brutal Virtue by Anthony Scotti.

-Diary of a Common Soldier in the American Revolution 1775-1783 edited by Robert Bray and Paul Bushnell.

-The Day is Ours! By William Dwyer.

-The Battle of Camden South Carolina by HL Landers.

-Major General Anthony Wayne by Charles Stille.

-An Officer of Very Extraordinary Merit by Michael Cecere.

-A Respectable Army: The Military Origins of the Republic, 1763-1789 by James Martin and Mark Lender.

-From Savannah to Yorktown by Harry Lumpkin.

-Patriots by AJ Languuth.

-Voices of 1776 by Richard Wheeler.

-The Revolution Remembered by John Dann.

-Redcoats and Rebels by Christopher Hibbert.

-Rebels and Redcoats by George Scheer.

-The Spirit of Seventy-Six by Henry Commager.

-The Winter Soldiers by Richard Ketchum.

-Decisive Day by Richard Ketchum.

-Saratoga by Richard Ketchum.

-Daniel Morgan by Don Higginbotham.

-Uniforms of the Continental Army by Phillip Katcher.

-The Book of the Continental Soldier by Harold Peterson.

-Military Uniforms in America:The Era of the American Revolution, 1755-1795 edited by John Elting.

-An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Uniforms of the American War of Independence 1775-1783 by Digby Smith and Kevin F. Kiley.

-The Delaware Continentals by Christopher Ward.

-The War of the American Revolution by Christopher Ward.

-The Encyclopedia of the American Revolution by Mark Boatner.

-A Battle Field Atlas of the American Revolution by Craig Symonds

-A Journal of the Southern Campaign by Seymour.

Last edited by Massena; 03 Oct 15 at 15:00..
Old 03 Oct 15, 22:37
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99]
I've read The Glorious Cause by Robert MiddleKauf, it's a good, one volume history of the entire period, from the British victory in the Seven Years War to the Constitutional Convention. I read it as an introduction to the war, and it's good for that.

I have D.S. Freeman's George Washington on the back burner, and I've been interested in Christopher Ward's The War of the American Revolution.

Massena, I like how you mentioned Thomas McGuire, he was one of my high school history teachers! His class was fun and he loved his job. His dad was a veteran, I think of Vietnam but I'm not positive, it could have been Korea or the Pacific Theater of WWII.
Old 03 Oct 15, 22:59
Staff Sergeant
Australia
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Porty is on the path to success [1-99] Porty is on the path to success [1-99] Porty is on the path to success [1-99] Porty is on the path to success [1-99]
Hi Massena,

Thanks very much for this list! It seems very comprehensive and it's much appreciated.

I'll have to start into these asap ��

Cheers

Porty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massena View Post
Here you go. I have not included any Ospreys, but if you're interested in them, any by Rene Chartrand are definitely worthwhile as they are works of considerable and accurate scholarship.

Others of the series are of varying quality, but the one to stay away from is their volume on Guilford Courthouse as it is very inaccurate beginning with the cover painting.

Sincerely,
Kevin

The War of the American Revolution Recommended Reading List
-The Encyclopedia of Continental Army Unit by Fred Anderson Berg.

-The Continental Army by Robert Wright.

-A Revolutionary People at War by Charles Royster.

-The Battle of Brooklyn by John Gallagher.

-Rebellion in the Ranks by John Nagy.

-A Proper Sense of Honor by Caroline Cox.

-Moses Hazen and the Canadian Refugees in the American Revolution by Alan Everest.

-The Toll of Independence by Howard Peckham.

-George Washington’s Indispensable Men by Authur Lefkowitz.

-The Guns of Independence by Jerome Greene.

-The Road to Guilford Courthouse by John Buchanan.

-‘Fortitude and Forbearance’ The North Carolina Continental Line in the Revolutionary War 1775-1783.

-George Washington’s Enforcers by Harry Ward.

-Forgotten Allies: The Oneida Indians and the American Revolution by Joseph Glatthaar and James Martin.

-The War for America by Piers Macksey.

-The American Revolution in the South by Henry Lee.

-Rag, Tag, and Bobtail by Lynn Montross.

-Diary of the American War by Johann Ewald.

-Voices of the American Revolution in the Carolinas edited by Ed Southern.

-The Partisan War by Russell Weigley.

-The Battle of New Garden by Algie Newlin.

-The British Army in the American Revolution by Edward Curtis.

-‘Cool Deliberate Courage’ John Eager Howard in the American Revolution by Jim Piecuch and John Beakes.

-Colonel John Gunby of the Maryland Line by AA Gunby.

-Masquerade: The Life and Times of Deborah Sampson, Continental Soldier by Alfred Young.

-The North Carolina Continentals by Hugh Rankin.

-Year of the Hangman: George Washington’s Campaign Against the Iroquois by Glenn Williams.

-Benedict Arnold’s Army: The 1775 American Invasion of Canada during the Revolutionary War by Arthur Lefkowitz.

-Lexington and Concord by Arthur Tourtellot.

-Battle of Cowpens by Edwin Bearss.

-Greene and Cornwallis: The Campaign in the Carolinas by Hugh Rankin.

-Another Such Victory by Thomas Baker.

-1781: The Decisive Year of the Revolutionary War by Robert Tonsetic.

-Citizens in Arms by Lawrence Cress.

-Washington’s Eyes: The Continental Light Dragoons by Burt Loescher.

-Battle of Paoli by Thomas McGuire.

-The Long Retreat by Arthur Lefkowitz.

-A Devil of a Whipping by Lawrence Babits.

-A Gallant Defense by Carl Borick.

-Henry Knox by Mark Plus.

-The Road to Valley Forge by John Buchanan.

-Forgotten Patriots by Edwin Burrows.

-Through a Howling Wilderness: Benedict Arnold’s March to Quebec 1775.

-Battles of the Revolutionary War by WJ Wood.

-Burgoyne and the Saratoga Campaign: His Papers by Douglas Cubbison.

-The Battle of Kings Mountain by Robert Dunkerly.

-The Surprise of Germantown by Thomas McGuire.

-The Battles of Saratoga by John Elting.

-The Battle of Bunker’s Hill by John Elting.

-The Battle of Trenton by Samuel Smith.

-The Battle of Monmouth by Samuel Smith.

-The Battle of Princeton by Samuel Smith.

-The Hessian View of America by Ernst Kipping.

-Valley Forge Crucible of Victory by John Reed.

-The Drill Master of Valley Forge by Paul Lockhart.

-Now We Are Enemies by Thomas Fleming.

-Long, Obstinate, and Bloody by Lawrence Babits and Joshua Howard.

-With Zeal and Bayonets Only by Matthew Spring.

-The French Forces in America, 1780-1783 by Lee Kennett.

-Washington’s Crossing by David Hackett Fischer.

-The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution by Bernard Bailyn.

-Washington’s Partisan War by Mark Kwasny.

-The Destructive War by John Pancake.

-Battle of Pensacola by N Orwin Rush.

-The Private Soldier Under Washington by Charles Bolton.

-Light-Horse Harry Lee and the Legacy of the American Revolution by Charles Royster.

-The Battle of Camden by Jim Piecuch.

-The Hessians by Edward Lowell.

-To Starve the Army at Pleasure by E Wayne Carp.

-Siege edited by Virgina Parks.

-The American Heritage Book of the Revolution edited by Richard Ketchum.

-Beaumarchais and the American Revolution by Brian Morton and Donald Spinelli.

-The Philadelphia Campaign Volume I by Thomas Mcguire.

-The Philadelphia Campaign Volume II by Thomas McGuire.

-An Original and Authentic Journal of Occurrences During the Late American War by Roger Lamb.

-John Laurens and the American Revolution by Gregory Massey.

-Washington’s Spies by Alexander Rose.

-Saratoga by John Luzader.

-Brutal Virtue by Anthony Scotti.

-Diary of a Common Soldier in the American Revolution 1775-1783 edited by Robert Bray and Paul Bushnell.

-The Day is Ours! By William Dwyer.

-The Battle of Camden South Carolina by HL Landers.

-Major General Anthony Wayne by Charles Stille.

-An Officer of Very Extraordinary Merit by Michael Cecere.

-A Respectable Army: The Military Origins of the Republic, 1763-1789 by James Martin and Mark Lender.

-From Savannah to Yorktown by Harry Lumpkin.

-Patriots by AJ Languuth.

-Voices of 1776 by Richard Wheeler.

-The Revolution Remembered by John Dann.

-Redcoats and Rebels by Christopher Hibbert.

-Rebels and Redcoats by George Scheer.

-The Spirit of Seventy-Six by Henry Commager.

-The Winter Soldiers by Richard Ketchum.

-Decisive Day by Richard Ketchum.

-Saratoga by Richard Ketchum.

-Daniel Morgan by Don Higginbotham.

-Uniforms of the Continental Army by Phillip Katcher.

-The Book of the Continental Soldier by Harold Peterson.

-Military Uniforms in America:The Era of the American Revolution, 1755-1795 edited by John Elting.

-An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Uniforms of the American War of Independence 1775-1783 by Digby Smith and Kevin F. Kiley.

-The Delaware Continentals by Christopher Ward.

-The War of the American Revolution by Christopher Ward.

-The Encyclopedia of the American Revolution by Mark Boatner.

-A Battle Field Atlas of the American Revolution by Craig Symonds

-A Journal of the Southern Campaign by Seymour.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!