HistoryNet.com RSS
ArmchairGeneral.com RSS

HistoryNet.com Articles
America's Civil War
American History
Aviation History
Civil War Times
MHQ
Military History
Vietnam
Wild West
World War II

ACG Online
ACG Magazine
Stuff We Like
War College
History News
Tactics 101
Carlo D'Este
Books

ACG Gaming
Boardgames
PC Game Reviews

ACG Network
Contact Us
Our Newsletter
Meet Our Staff
Advertise With Us

Sites We Support
HistoryNet.com
StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion

Notices and Announcements

American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion Military history of North America. .

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #346  
Old 11 Nov 17, 09:39
MarkV's Avatar
MarkV MarkV is online now
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tenbury Wells
Posts: 12,782
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
A rose by any other name.....
After they got rid of the muslim scroungers, the great Spanish people went on to do fantastic things such as spreading Christianity to the New World..

]
Fantastic things like introducing slavery and causing a depopulation rate of 5.0:1 through induced disease, starvation and forced labour. Really nice people. Really great folks
__________________
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Last edited by MarkV; 11 Nov 17 at 10:04..
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 11 Nov 17, 11:51
Poor Old Spike's Avatar
Poor Old Spike Poor Old Spike is offline
Colonel
UK
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 1,861
Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Fantastic things like introducing slavery and causing a depopulation rate of 5.0:1 through induced disease, starvation and forced labour. Really nice people. Really great folks
If it wasn't for the great Spanish Conquistadores civilising them, the jungle tribes would still be ripping each others hearts out..

APE- "Screech..screech..screech!"
AGUIRRE- "Shut that bloody row and get back up your tree! Tell your mates we run the show now!"

Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 11 Nov 17, 12:03
sebfrench76's Avatar
sebfrench76 sebfrench76 is offline
General of the Forums
France
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rouen,Normandy
Posts: 7,560
sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Mr Spike , you're a great actor.
Now go and get your pills.
__________________
That rug really tied the room together
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 11 Nov 17, 13:05
Poor Old Spike's Avatar
Poor Old Spike Poor Old Spike is offline
Colonel
UK
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 1,861
Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebfrench76 View Post
Mr Spike , you're a great actor.
Now go and get your pills.
Funny you should say that mon ami, because as a kid I once overheard my dad saying to my mam about me -
"He's nutty! No don't laugh, I really do mean it, he wastes all his pocket money on silly plastic model aeroplanes then hangs 'em on string from his bedroom ceiling in full view of the street, I dread to think what the neighbours are saying about him, when's he going to grow up and start saving his money instead?"
I got my own back though, I filled his radio with sand from a builders yard down the road and when he tried to tune in the Clay-Liston fight all he got was a grating sound, hehe
He's been dead now 35 years but I wonder what he'd say if he knew I still buy models, I've currently got my eye on a cool Romulan Bird of Prey down the model shop..

Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 11 Nov 17, 13:47
Stonewall_Jack's Avatar
Stonewall_Jack Stonewall_Jack is offline
Lieutenant General
United_States
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,796
Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
Hey wait a minute, I'm a UKIP voter because we want to stop the mass immigration of Jesus-rejecting heathens into Britain, how can that be a bad thing?
We object to our taxes paying to feed, clothe, house and medcare immigrants instead of looking after our own people, plus they're overloading our social infrastructure, and at the end of the day they're not the least bit grateful-

[Quran 9.123, 5.51]- "..fight those of the infidels who are near to you and let them find in you hardness....do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends"


UKIP believe we should look after our own people first, and we know Jesus has got our backs so you'd better argue it out with him when you meet him..-
Jesus said-
"It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs....do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces" (Matt 15:26,Matt 7:6)
Friend note all of my posts itt which showcase our ancestors not as cartoonish buffoons, but rather in a honorable and righteous light. I believe you cut out 99% of my post because of how my post shows our Christian ancestors in a fair manner. Most of your posts are inclusive of cartoon imagery that I believe is meant to mock Christianity. Now keep in mind I have nothing against you I am merely pointing out the type of cartoon images you have posted to try and support your argument. My posts itt show Catholic Europeans of the middle ages in a fair fashion as opposed to this view that our ancestors were all about torture and mistreating minorities.

Due to my posting and because of the millions of people worldwide who do not accept the view that Christians of the middle ages were intolerant, in response anti religious people are worried because they dont want people to think our ancestors were good people they want religious people of the middle ages to be depicted as dumb and intolerant. Whose side are you on?

I dont know if your being serious above due to the types of comical posts you have provided and I think thats a shame because you seem to be full of information but because of the cartoon type approach I can not tell if you are here to present Christianity in a serious or comical fashion.

As for UKIP, I actually meant to say my issue is more or less with the group known as Britain first. I have some issues with UKIP and the language they use which goes against the honorable English Catholic societies of history. That said UKIP is more restrained but they also have issues. And again I will say England needs another Catholic leader like Richard the Lionheart.
__________________
British and Russian Allies remembered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK3HAGdGYdM
The philosophy of the gospel is the philosophy of equality, consequently the most favorable to republican government
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

  #351  
Old 11 Nov 17, 14:22
Stonewall_Jack's Avatar
Stonewall_Jack Stonewall_Jack is offline
Lieutenant General
United_States
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,796
Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
Atheists and agnostics ARE in charge, one can't seriously think that our 'leaders' are acting on divine inspiration can one?
If a nations leader were truly religious then we in the west would be as those in the middle east.

Our leaders play to the crowds, they will say anything to remain in power, they will tell a religious electorate that they are godly and a secular electorate that they are secular.

We never hear of any European leader banging on about how religious they are and that is simply because Europe is secular, we would be deeply concerned if one of our PM's went all Bush on us, conversely we often hear US leaders spouting off religious guff precisely because their electorate is perceived to be religious.

They are chameleons that suit their coat to their surroundings.

At the end of the day they are power hungry egotists, nothing more and nothing less.

Religious or non religious both groups have their good and bad.

Whats interesting is how a few folks today totally abhore religion but also are agaisnt anything and everything related to the Atheist Soviet Union, including being against talking in a positive manner of Soviet troops who fought for freedom during WW2.. Thank God though that there are to this day many millions who appreciate the contributions of all of the allies of WW2. Religion can have a good effect of people but also non religious people have done great things for the world I praise the Atheists of the Soviet Union who helped to save the world during WW2. And there were many good honorable family Atheist types in the USSR who exhibited none of the traits that Third Reich propaganda attempts to tell us about the Atheistic Soviets.
__________________
British and Russian Allies remembered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK3HAGdGYdM
The philosophy of the gospel is the philosophy of equality, consequently the most favorable to republican government
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 11 Nov 17, 15:32
sebfrench76's Avatar
sebfrench76 sebfrench76 is offline
General of the Forums
France
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rouen,Normandy
Posts: 7,560
sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
In fact ,you love everybody , don't you ?
__________________
That rug really tied the room together
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 11 Nov 17, 16:03
MarkV's Avatar
MarkV MarkV is online now
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tenbury Wells
Posts: 12,782
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
If it wasn't for the great Spanish Conquistadores civilising them, the jungle tribes would still be ripping each others hearts out..

APE- "Screech..screech..screech!"
AGUIRRE- "Shut that bloody row and get back up your tree! Tell your mates we run the show now!"

Balderdash The jungle tribes did no such thing nor did the conquistadores go near them. Your ignorance is invincible
__________________
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 11 Nov 17, 16:28
jf42's Avatar
jf42 jf42 is offline
Second Lieutenant
UK
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London
Posts: 434
jf42 is on the path to success [1-99] jf42 is on the path to success [1-99] jf42 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Balderdash The jungle tribes did no such thing nor did the conquistadores go near them. Your ignorance is invincible
Shh, I don't want to detract from your second point, Mark, but the Spanish did penetrate the Amazon basin, most notably the Orellana expeditions on which Herzog based his film 'Aguirre, Wrath of God' from which that still is taken (and in which, ironically, they are wiped out by the indigenous. so...).

The myth of El Dorado was based on settlements Orellana found during his exploration.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon...eldorado.shtml

Sorry. Please continue- Balderdash...!
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 11 Nov 17, 19:44
Stonewall_Jack's Avatar
Stonewall_Jack Stonewall_Jack is offline
Lieutenant General
United_States
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,796
Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Tribute to Catholic European people,

__________________
British and Russian Allies remembered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK3HAGdGYdM
The philosophy of the gospel is the philosophy of equality, consequently the most favorable to republican government
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 11 Nov 17, 20:58
flash's Avatar
flash flash is offline
General
UK
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
 
Real Name: Tony.
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: newcastle
Posts: 5,116
flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
Hey wait a minute, I'm a UKIP voter because we want to stop the mass immigration of Jesus-rejecting heathens into Britain, how can that be a bad thing?
We object to our taxes paying to feed, clothe, house and medcare immigrants instead of looking after our own people, plus they're overloading our social infrastructure, and at the end of the day they're not the least bit grateful-

[Quran 9.123, 5.51]- "..fight those of the infidels who are near to you and let them find in you hardness....do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends"


UKIP believe we should look after our own people first, and we know Jesus has got our backs so you'd better argue it out with him when you meet him..-
Jesus said-
"It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs....do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces" (Matt 15:26,Matt 7:6)
And I'm a long time member of UKIP, way back before any referendum promise was made.
Nowhere in any UKIP lit do we claim to be any kind of christian fundamentalist party as you would have people believe.

You can choose to vote for whomsoever you please but please do not tarnish my party with your religio-fanatic balderdash, you are every bit as bad as fundamental islam.

UKIP promotes SECULAR christian values in as much as all western political parties do, we have absolutely no problem whatsoever with muslim immigrants coming to the UK as long as they have passed the same vetting process as everybody else.
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 11 Nov 17, 21:11
flash's Avatar
flash flash is offline
General
UK
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
 
Real Name: Tony.
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: newcastle
Posts: 5,116
flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
Religious or non religious both groups have their good and bad.

Whats interesting is how a few folks today totally abhore religion but also are agaisnt anything and everything related to the Atheist Soviet Union, including being against talking in a positive manner of Soviet troops who fought for freedom during WW2.. Thank God though that there are to this day many millions who appreciate the contributions of all of the allies of WW2. Religion can have a good effect of people but also non religious people have done great things for the world I praise the Atheists of the Soviet Union who helped to save the world during WW2. And there were many good honorable family Atheist types in the USSR who exhibited none of the traits that Third Reich propaganda attempts to tell us about the Atheistic Soviets.
50's America was full of good white christians who were willing to jail each other for having a hypothetical 'red under the bed'.
Was that because the reds were atheists or because they were communists?
If they had been christian commies would it have been 'ok'?

Jesus himself had commie tendencies no?

I am one of those who abhor religion yet find myself equally repelled by atheist Soviet Russia and christian Nazi Germany.
Surely I should come down on the side of communism?

The fact is that I view life through lenses that are entirely religion free, my decisions are based solely on common sense and impartial observation, I do not feel the need of a doctrine which demands I think in a certain way and I simply must be more free because of it.

There are actually some who would argue that Soviet Russia under Stalin was extremely religious with Stalin himself playing the main role of saviour,he had all of the trappings of a religious figure.
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old 11 Nov 17, 22:21
wolfhnd's Avatar
wolfhnd wolfhnd is offline
Lieutenant General
United_States
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 3,888
wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300]
The current social justice movement is an excellent example of how religiosity is universal.

It isn't hard to imagine a movement based on evidence and reason that degenerates into something as bad as Nazism or Marxism. My problem with SJWs isn't so much the post modernist deconstruction of rationality, although that is a significant danger to enlightened humanism, but rather that they are "soulless".

People possessed by an ideology lose the ability to interact in the world as moral agents. If morality is real then freewill is it's foundation. There are several requirements for being a moral agent. First the agent must be free of subliminal control, second the agent must be competent, third the agent must be able to control impulse or instinct, last the agent must be sufficiently informed to understand consequences.

Most people fail the moral agent test when ideologically possessed because they are not conscious of the ideologies sway over their rationality, many ideologues are emotionally or psychologically damaged by indoctrination reducing their competency, sometimes an ideology has deep emotional hooks into the instinctual system reducing intellectual clarity, often the ideologically possessed are lacking in experience or narrowly educated. These factors are as relevant in the past as they are today.

So the question becomes did the religious set out to harm native populations or were they victims of their own short comings. These only addresses how malevolent you see religion.

What may be more important is to consider what may have happened in the absence of missionaries. It seems likely from looking at history that the conquest of the Americas could have been as intentionally genocidal as the Mongol invasions or Stalin's solution to the Ukrainian problem. People tend to forget that the humanistic values of the enlightenment are uniquely Western European.

Less important perhaps but an interesting side note is what likely would have happened if a non Christians culture had expanded throughout the Americas. It seems almost certain that the same pattern of imperialism seen throughout the world would have repeated in the "new" world given time. Despite the prejudice against the west that is popular today the greatest relative death tolls from cultural conflicts took place in India and China. That is in the absence of communicable diseases which seem largely unintended.

If large scale atrocities did not happen in the absence of Christian religion then the popular condemnation of that religion would be more relevant.
Reply With Quote
  #359  
Old 12 Nov 17, 07:21
Stonewall_Jack's Avatar
Stonewall_Jack Stonewall_Jack is offline
Lieutenant General
United_States
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,796
Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
50's America was full of good white christians who were willing to jail each other for having a hypothetical 'red under the bed'.
Was that because the reds were atheists or because they were communists?
If they had been christian commies would it have been 'ok'?

Jesus himself had commie tendencies no?

I am one of those who abhor religion yet find myself equally repelled by atheist Soviet Russia and christian Nazi Germany.
Surely I should come down on the side of communism?

The fact is that I view life through lenses that are entirely religion free, my decisions are based solely on common sense and impartial observation, I do not feel the need of a doctrine which demands I think in a certain way and I simply must be more free because of it.

There are actually some who would argue that Soviet Russia under Stalin was extremely religious with Stalin himself playing the main role of saviour,he had all of the trappings of a religious figure.
There was a Communist witch hunt in the US in the 1950s, it was a bad thing but it could have been much worse. I find the greater issue in 1950s USA was how at the time in some areas of the country that white Christians were influenced by their religion to be against even black Christians.

Today one can see how ISIL members point to Islam as justification for their actions. Otoh some Atheists have pointed to religion as being the problem as the justification for attacking innocent religious people. Here we can see two of the same extremes just one is religious the other anti religious.

Many leaders throughout history have been revered, and Stalin was one of them. And while Stalin may have been revered the fact is that Atheism was cherished in the USSR, it was for some an Atheist dream in the USSR.

On his recent Asia tour President Trump has pointed out how Atheist North Korea punishes religious people. One can see that the USA produced violent religious zealots like the Klan and USSR produced violent Atheists who led anti religious campaigns early in the USSR history. OTOH both countries have figures whom have contributed greatly to the sciences and arts, as well as equality among blacks and whites.

As you say common sense should always prevail, therefore there should not be any reason to keep religion or atheism out of the public sphere so long as everyone is treated equal. If for example a Fifa world cup player wants to wear a cross or Muslim symbol that should be allowed, any workplace should allow its employees to wear or not wear religious symbols.
__________________
British and Russian Allies remembered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK3HAGdGYdM
The philosophy of the gospel is the philosophy of equality, consequently the most favorable to republican government
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 12 Nov 17 at 07:28..
Reply With Quote
  #360  
Old 12 Nov 17, 07:24
Poor Old Spike's Avatar
Poor Old Spike Poor Old Spike is offline
Colonel
UK
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 1,861
Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
..Most of your posts are inclusive of cartoon imagery that I believe is meant to mock Christianity..
Nah mate, Christianity is not in my crosshairs but fundy religious crackpots are, and I have great fun cracking their thick heads together in internet forums, and taunting them with pics like this..-



PS- I get truckloads of fan mail from my fans so I must be doing something right, such as this one-
"I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"

Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 12 Nov 17 at 07:42..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!


Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:23.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.