StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Latin America & the Caribbean

Notices and Announcements

Latin America & the Caribbean Including issues of Central and South America and Mexico.

Old 30 Nov 12, 08:52
General of the Forums
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selous View Post
I think in that regard Mr Bragg is like most of these celebrities, as you say, he's something of a poster child, I'd expect that to be the case, I've always thought the likes of Geldoff and that fellow from Genesis, and that other ****...Morrisey, were the archetype, I wouldn't be surprised Bragg was in their number. Especially Morrisey; http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ma...tina-morrissey
Grrr
Sean Penn will put his oar in I would imagine...
Old 30 Nov 12, 23:02
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
More idiotic posturing from those idiotic Argentine politicians, but I am sure that Sean Penn's British relations will preen and posture and jump aboard that ship of fools.

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!
Old 30 Nov 12, 23:20
Sergeant Major
Canada

ITALICA ONE is on the path to success [1-99] ITALICA ONE is on the path to success [1-99]
Falkland's or Malvina's

The recent discovery of perhaps as much as 500 million barrels of oil deposits in the region is certainly going to escalate the already tense situation over the Islands. I seriously doubt that Argentina will just let the oil profits sail past their noses back to Great Britain.

The Malvinas are 300 miles of the coast of Argentina, the Falklands are 8000 miles of the coast of Britain. In this day and age what is a British colony still doing in South American Waters?

http://www.greatmilitarybattles.com/...d_islands.html
Old 30 Nov 12, 23:39
Major General
United_States

ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALICA ONE View Post
The recent discovery of perhaps as much as 500 million barrels of oil deposits in the region is certainly going to escalate the already tense situation over the Islands. I seriously doubt that Argentina will just let the oil profits sail past their noses back to Great Britain.

The Malvinas are 300 miles of the coast of Argentina, the Falklands are 8000 miles of the coast of Britain. In this day and age what is a British colony still doing in South American Waters?

It does not matter where it is, it matters what they people living there want - a concept called SELF DETERMINATION. The people of the Falkland Islands are of British descent and wish to remain British. They are NOT Argentinean or even Hispanic. It's quite simple.

Using your logic Canada should invade St. Pierre & Miquelon - afterall they are right next to Canada and far away from France.
Old 01 Dec 12, 15:48
General of the Forums
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

Its there deal with it. If not ask all the Spanish etc decendents to go back to their nationalities of ethnic origin from Argentina At least with the Falkland islanders, there was no-one there when they settled there, and there wasn't no matter what Buenos Aries might say. Get over it...
Sponsored Links

Old 01 Dec 12, 22:45
General of the Forums
United_States

Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

It is not a "colony" as you put it and the Argentine claims to it are specious at best as the islands were never settled by Argentina. I have already posted quite a bit on this subject and I am frankly tired of repeating myself. I recommend that you do a bit of research on the history of the Falklands before you go galloping to the defense of Argentina and you can start by looking up my previous posts. Buenos Aires has no legitimate claim to those Islands and their claims are motivated by greed and nothing else.

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!
Old 01 Dec 12, 23:52
General of the Forums
Australia
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

Any thoughts, gents?
I think it's about time you sent the RN down there and gave them a touch up.

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!
Old 02 Dec 12, 02:16
General
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dashy is simply cracking [600]
Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojik View Post
I think it's about time you sent the RN down there and gave them a touch up.
given that state the Argies are in, they could probably refloat the Victory and use that to trounce them.
Old 02 Dec 12, 11:08
Sergeant Major
UK

calger14 is on the path to success [1-99] calger14 is on the path to success [1-99] calger14 is on the path to success [1-99]
Whatever the Argentinians try to do to change the referendum won't stop them losing.
Old 02 Dec 12, 18:32
General of the Forums
UK
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700]
redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700] redcoat is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
The aim is to dissuade British political personalities from attending the vote as observers, therefore detracting from its legitimacy.
I wasn't even aware that the British government was considering inviting 'political personalities' to observe the vote.
Old 02 Dec 12, 18:46
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
I seriously doubt that Argentina could do one damned thing about it. It's not their islands, it's not their oil.

Quote:
The Falklands are 300 miles of the coast of Argentina, the Falklands are 8000 miles of the coast of Britain. In this day and age what is a British colony still doing in South American Waters?

The citizens of the Falklands are British and want to remain British. Too effing bad for Argentina. The islands never belonged to Argentina.

In this day and age Argentina should know better than to push forward such and "Imperialist" agenda. Ha, ha, that felt great to type out

They are better off letting their spurious claims go once and for all and trying to improve relations with Great Britain and the Falkland Islands.

Oh, I fixed your typo too. You're welcome.
Old 03 Dec 12, 06:06
Colonel
Scotland
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 

billscottmorri is walking in the light [200] billscottmorri is walking in the light [200] billscottmorri is walking in the light [200] billscottmorri is walking in the light [200] billscottmorri is walking in the light [200] billscottmorri is walking in the light [200] billscottmorri is walking in the light [200] billscottmorri is walking in the light [200] billscottmorri is walking in the light [200] billscottmorri is walking in the light [200] billscottmorri is walking in the light [200] billscottmorri is walking in the light [200]
Perhaps Argentina should stamp their feet and make a nasty scowling face. That should sort out them pesky democrats!

Who do those Falkies think they are anyway running around voting on things! How on earth do they ever think they will integrate with Argentina with that attitude?
Old 03 Dec 12, 08:31
ACG Forums - General Staff
England
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
On a recent article I wrote about Gib, some snarky commentator pointed out that under UN law a vote to remain in place, if conducted by a 'settler' or 'colonial' people doesn't count as they're there 'illegally'. Good luck getting the police force to carry out that 'law.

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules
Old 03 Dec 12, 14:47
Major General
United_States

ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
On a recent article I wrote about Gib, some snarky commentator pointed out that under UN law a vote to remain in place, if conducted by a 'settler' or 'colonial' people doesn't count as they're there 'illegally'. Good luck getting the police force to carry out that 'law.
So that means a vote by Bermuda to remain a British Overseas Territory is invalid even though nobody lived there before the British settled the island?

The British ARE Bermuda' indigenous people!
Old 03 Dec 12, 14:50
ACG Forums - General Staff
England
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Likewise the Falklands issue. And Gibraltar's popn is mostly Sicilian and Maltese too, and they've been there for some time. I don't blame these Banana Republics for trying to get these bits of land back, it's perfectly natural. We just need to look more to accepting that it may not be resolved, and prepared to keep the status quo, rather than seeking to settle some kind of 'right or wrong' about these issues, when there's arguments for both sides (not that I think much of the opposing arguments, but there's no qualified judge and police force to carry anything out)

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!