StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Units - Military/Naval Service of ACG Members > Marines

Notices and Announcements

Marines ACG member Service in the Marines of any nation.

Old 08 Dec 09, 21:18
Staff Sergeant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

BooBoo130 is on the path to success [1-99]
First Marine to post

Thought I would post my unit and when I served in the USMC(R). I went into boot camp in August of 1989 in San Diego. After boot camp I went to Marine Combat training in March of 1990. Then went to my first reserve unit, 1st Battalion, 23rd Marines in Houston Texas. During Desert Storm I finally went to my MOS school, 2311 Ammunition Tech at Redstone Arsenal Alabama. After getting back from there I moved to Chicago and was with 2nd Battalion, 24 Marines. Oooooh-rah.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 09 Dec 09, 16:56
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Thanks for sharing.
Old 12 Dec 09, 00:25
Major
United_States

dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99] dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99] dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99] dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99]
Thanks indeed.....

I was with the 1st Bn 7th Marines, 1st Mar Div. The 2nd Bn 8th Marines 2nd Mar Div. And 1st Bn 4th Marines.

I was in from 1976 to 1988.
Old 12 Dec 09, 23:28
ACG Forums - Guardiano di Roma
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Mates, Mates... READ the Unit Forum Scope.

Each of you should start your own thread.

As well, any individual threads about any Unit, itself, is also encouraged.

As each of you speak for yourself, so, too, will others of common experience find & interact within your own or the common Unit threads...

As well, you in theirs!

If ya keep pilin into one thread, we may as well have simply not created the forum & instead encouraged folks to talk about it where ever else struck them.

ACG Staff

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 27 Mar 10, 15:42
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
Mates, Mates... READ the Unit Forum Scope.

Each of you should start your own thread.

As well, any individual threads about any Unit, itself, is also encouraged.

As each of you speak for yourself, so, too, will others of common experience find & interact within your own or the common Unit threads...

As well, you in theirs!

If ya keep pilin into one thread, we may as well have simply not created the forum & instead encouraged folks to talk about it where ever else struck them.

ACG Staff
What else do you expect from jarheads,sometimes they need to be led by the hand.
Old 14 Nov 16, 13:44
Corporal
United_States

BrianBoru2485 is on the path to success [1-99]
Legate, all due respect, but those lads are good at improvising, and adapting.
Old 30 May 17, 12:29
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoru2485 View Post
Legate, all due respect, but those lads are good at improvising, and adapting.
Holy thread necromancy!!

Looks like someone needs to get a sense of humor.
Old 30 May 17, 22:33
Regimental Sergeant Major of the Forums
Australia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900]
lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900]
Yank Marines left right and centre, where are all the 'Royals' ?? lcm1

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"
Old 31 May 17, 05:04
General of the Forums
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600]
BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcm1 View Post
Yank Marines left right and centre, where are all the 'Royals' ?? lcm1
True enough, just about every other American I meet these days seem to have served in the US Marines :-"Semper Fi ! " and all that stuff.
The Royals ? Ah, they're far more exclusive.
Old 31 May 17, 05:14
General of the Forums
England
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
If they did the R.M training course, there would be much much fewer.

Ken! A prime example of what the rest of us regardless of service, have to aspire too.

Paul
Can win mans heart for you;
And many a blessing know to stew
To make a megloamaniac bright;
Give honour to the dainty Corse,
The Pixie is a little shite.
Sponsored Links

Old 02 Jun 17, 20:51
Australia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900]
lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900] lcm1 has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

Ken! A prime example of what the rest of us regardless of service, have to aspire too.

Paul
Thank you for those few kind words Paul, I've always looked upon myself as a fairly normal bloke despite my 'Been there, done that'. The one thing that I am without doubt proud of till my dying day is the fact that I served in the RM on an active service basis and just to be able to say I am an ex RM. I look at myself in the physical condition that age has bought on and wonder how I ever did it!!! I think that a good example of the RM individuality is the fact that my branch of the RM association is closing down at the end of this year due to falling numbers. lcm1

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Last edited by lcm1; 02 Jun 17 at 20:58..
Old 03 Jun 17, 00:03
General of the Forums
England
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcm1 View Post
Thank you for those few kind words Paul, I've always looked upon myself as a fairly normal bloke despite my 'Been there, done that'. The one thing that I am without doubt proud of till my dying day is the fact that I served in the RM on an active service basis and just to be able to say I am an ex RM. I look at myself in the physical condition that age has bought on and wonder how I ever did it!!! I think that a good example of the RM individuality is the fact that my branch of the RM association is closing down at the end of this year due to falling numbers. lcm1
Numbers fall, tradition doesn't. The Royal Marines are second to none, you dear sir are part of that number '1' and part of that tradition.... the R.M will be forever an indelible, heroic mark on military history. They lead, the rest of the world's Marines follow.

Per Mare, Per Terram

Paul
Can win mans heart for you;
And many a blessing know to stew
To make a megloamaniac bright;
Give honour to the dainty Corse,
The Pixie is a little shite.
Old 04 Jun 17, 21:53
Australia

Quote:
Numbers fall, tradition doesn't. The Royal Marines are second to none, you dear sir are part of that number '1' and part of that tradition.... the R.M will be forever an indelible, heroic mark on military history. They lead, the rest of the world's Marines follow.

Per Mare, Per Terram

Paul
I Agree Sir, 'By Horse By Tram' ( An old RM joke. )

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"
Old 04 Jun 17, 21:57
ACG Forums - Guardiano di Roma
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
No such thing as an "ex-Marine", Ken...

Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine!

Cheers, Marine!

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 22 Jun 17, 15:28
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
You would be surprised as to how much cross training occurs.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!