StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games

Notices and Announcements

MMO Games Players can discuss their online experiences with Massively Multiplayer Online games here!

Old 05 Jun 14, 14:37
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
War Thunder

WW2 Free to play game for PS4.

Lots of fun so far with the tank battles. Haven't jumped into air combat yet.

Homer

BoRG
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 05 Jun 14, 23:18
Major General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300]
Played it today. Didn't like the tank combat as much as the air warfare. I got 7 kills in my I-15 M-22 biplane in my first match. Maybe beginners luck, but first game I've played doing aerial warfare.
Old 05 Jun 14, 23:44
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frtigern View Post
Played it today. Didn't like the tank combat as much as the air warfare. I got 7 kills in my I-15 M-22 biplane in my first match. Maybe beginners luck, but first game I've played doing aerial warfare.
Nice work!

Homer

BoRG
Old 06 Jun 14, 10:59
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Been trying out the ground game. It's in open beta, so all of the bugs shouldn't surprise me.

However, it doesn't seem that it's going to be very fun, at least compared to WoT. It is a bit more real, and I do like that quite a bit, but...I don't know, maybe when they fix things it will be better. I'll keep plugging away at it when I'm not playing MechWarrior Online.

The research in it is an atrocious mess right now. Needs to be streamlined/simplified in a big way.
Old 09 Jun 14, 17:06
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Been doing the air combat on and off for about a year because I've been waiting for the Ground combat... it's everything Wot should have been and isn't. Of course I feel that's true of their Air combat and WoWP as well... Wargaming's products just don't measure up in my opinion.

I like that WT's Ground Forces is more 'realistic' for the vehicle handling and combat. I also like that they took the time to make their models look gorgeous.
Old 15 Jun 14, 19:12
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Those models do indeed look gorgeous (or will once beta is completed).
Old 16 Jun 14, 13:48
Major
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Charger is on the path to success [1-99] Charger is on the path to success [1-99] Charger is on the path to success [1-99] Charger is on the path to success [1-99] Charger is on the path to success [1-99] Charger is on the path to success [1-99]
This is way better than WoT and WoP. I really like the aerial combat.

But, I don't like the ridiculous costs of upkeep for vehicles and the ridiculous costs to buy new vehicles. I also hate how it bumps you up to tougher competition as soon as you get an upgraded plane. My best plane is a fully upgraded P-40E and I'm flying against Spitfires, Fw-190s, etc. Uhh what?
Old 18 Mar 15, 17:04
Private First Class
Scotland

RagnarBuliwyf is a balanced individual [0]
Anyone playing this?

I'm looking for people to do ground battles with on War Thunder, I strictly play Sim/Realistic though.

Steam name is RagnarBuliwyf if anyone's interested
Old 07 May 17, 13:55
Major General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300]
I've gotten back into War Thunder and I can say it has been much improved on the ground and I like it more than World of Tanks now.
Old 07 May 17, 19:28
Brigadier General
United_States

Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
--I'm addicted to the tank warfare
I hate how there are so many different types and nationalities on the same team--but o well
--so I played as a PIV and got pounded by some Shermans
then I got a Sherman and was pounded by a Tiger !!
..kind of goofy--but fun
I agree Charger--if you're around!
I play realistic
Sponsored Links

Old 21 May 17, 23:53
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

I'm playing (though not much in the last couple of weeks). I'm sticking with arcade for now until I feel I'm good enough for realistic (I'm probably just a bit better than average right now), and I'm breaking in a new mouse which has messed up my "feel" for the game.
Old 22 May 17, 07:11
Brigadier General
United_States

Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
yesterday, I shot an M18 in the rear with a Tiger H1, ....he still turned his gun around and killed me !

Last edited by Moulin; 22 May 17 at 07:59..
Old 16 Aug 17, 22:29
Sergeant Major
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Jack Dionne is on the path to success [1-99] Jack Dionne is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
yesterday, I shot an M18 in the rear with a Tiger H1, ....he still turned his gun around and killed me !
I share your frustration. The game does allow for rounds to go right throug and cause little damage.
Old 17 Aug 17, 13:11
Brigadier General
United_States

I was going German with a Tiger 2 and losing a lot
now I got the IS6 and winning a lot--games and kills

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!