StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Napoleonic Era

Notices and Announcements

Napoleonic Era Discuss the many wars fought around the globe around the time of Napoleon. This forum is dedicated to the memory of Ben Weider and our late friend and long time ACG Staff member, Michael Brown, better known here as Post Captain.

Old 28 Jan 12, 17:35
Recruit
Canada

Robbo-1806 is a balanced individual [0]
Eugene Leliepvre?????

I think the Neapolitan lancer, number one on the left, is a sketch by Leliepvre.
If so, do you have the others in this series? They were sold in the 1960's and I would love to see, buy,.
copy, borrow or steal them
Cheers. Robbo.
Old 31 Jan 12, 07:12
First Lieutenant
England
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

95th Rifles is on the path to success [1-99] 95th Rifles is on the path to success [1-99] 95th Rifles is on the path to success [1-99] 95th Rifles is on the path to success [1-99] 95th Rifles is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblehopper View Post
Hi guys,

I'm working on a virtual Hougoumont for a PC mod I'm makng for the game warband, I could really do with some help getting some better photographs of the acutal surviving buildings, any help much appreciated........
Hi stubblehopper, I'd love to be able to help, but for some reason, I am not getting those pictures that you have posted regarding Hougoumont - It probably has something to do with this Public Library computer that I am using, blocking unecessary things - sometimes I just don't see what the rest of you lot do. (That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!)

And VieuxChat, I apreciate your honesty! OK, I very much stand corrected, many, many thanks to your goodself AND Ximo for this wonderful link:

http://www.1789-1815.com/

95th Rifles

Last edited by 95th Rifles; 31 Jan 12 at 07:24..
Old 31 Jan 12, 07:18
First Lieutenant
England

95th Rifles is on the path to success [1-99] 95th Rifles is on the path to success [1-99] 95th Rifles is on the path to success [1-99] 95th Rifles is on the path to success [1-99] 95th Rifles is on the path to success [1-99]
Prussian Uniform Plates of Friedrich Neumann

I was going through my Napoleonic Images collection recently, and found these Prussian Uniform Plates, which I think may be of interest.

They are from the famous “Lipperheide” collection, now belonging to the Kunstbibliothek (art library) in Berlin, which contains a collection of 50 water color plates. These were drawn and colored by the uniform artist Friedrich Neumann, a contemporary of the famous uniform researcher Richard Knötel. These images represent Landwehr Freikorps and Volunteers of the allied armies from the Wars of Liberation of 1813 and 1814.

Many of these units wore a variety of uniforms, so even though these images are contemporary, members should be careful about applying what is shown here, to all their units. Neumann was considered a very careful draughtsmen and painter, who reliably reproduced what was in the available sources - but he was not alive at the time the uniforms were worn. Many of his water colors are in the famous Vinkhuijzen Collection of the New York Public Library.

These images represent the portion of the collection that deals with the Prussian Freikorps and Volunteers, and are reproduced here, with the captions of the originals from the Kunstbibliothek in Berlin. I must, however, apologise for their small size - sadly, I failed to copy any larger images from the original Website, and have subsequently lost it's URL. Maybe someone out there has it and would be kind enough to provide a link?

Auslander Btn Elbe Inf Regt.jpg

Elb-National-Husaren-Regiment.jpg

Freiwilliger Jäger bei der Gardeinfanterie.jpg

Freiwilliger Jäger beim 2. Ostpreußischen Infanterie-Regiment.jpg

Freiwilliger Jäger beim Ostpreußischen Kürassier-Regiment.jpg

Garde-Volontär-Jäger-Eskadron.jpg
Old 31 Jan 12, 07:22
First Lieutenant
England

Prussian Uniform Plates of Friedrich Neumann III

Schlesisches National-Kavallerie-Regiment, Freiwillige Jäger-Eskadron.jpg

Schlesisches National-Kavallerie-Regiment.jpg

Tiroler Jäger vom Lützow’schen Freikorps.jpg

von Hellwig’sches Freikorps 1813-1815.jpg

von Hellwig’sches Freikorps, errichtet im April 1813.jpg

And that's all folks! Enjoy!
Sponsored Links

Old 31 Jan 12, 07:45
First Lieutenant
England

Pictures Of Hougoumont

Hi Stubblehopper, I've just remembered this, which you could try:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...37#post1658537

I am a BIT slow, you understand!

I know it appears like I'm blowing my own trumpet (No!, I can't play one either!), but it may be of some help in your request.

Sincerely,

95th Rifles.
Old 02 Feb 12, 13:24
Sergeant Major
UK

Prinz Essling is on the path to success [1-99] Prinz Essling is on the path to success [1-99] Prinz Essling is on the path to success [1-99] Prinz Essling is on the path to success [1-99] Prinz Essling is on the path to success [1-99] Prinz Essling is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95th Rifles View Post
I was going through my Napoleonic Images collection recently, and found these Prussian Uniform Plates, which I think may be of interest.

They are from the famous “Lipperheide” collection, now belonging to the Kunstbibliothek (art library) in Berlin, which contains a collection of 50 water color plates. These were drawn and colored by the uniform artist Friedrich Neumann, a contemporary of the famous uniform researcher Richard Knötel. These images represent Landwehr Freikorps and Volunteers of the allied armies from the Wars of Liberation of 1813 and 1814.

Many of these units wore a variety of uniforms, so even though these images are contemporary, members should be careful about applying what is shown here, to all their units. Neumann was considered a very careful draughtsmen and painter, who reliably reproduced what was in the available sources - but he was not alive at the time the uniforms were worn. Many of his water colors are in the famous Vinkhuijzen Collection of the New York Public Library.

These images represent the portion of the collection that deals with the Prussian Freikorps and Volunteers, and are reproduced here, with the captions of the originals from the Kunstbibliothek in Berlin. I must, however, apologise for their small size - sadly, I failed to copy any larger images from the original Website, and have subsequently lost it's URL. Maybe someone out there has it and would be kind enough to provide a link?
The link to the plates on the Napoleon series website is http://www.napoleon-series.org/milit...c_Neumann.html
Old 02 Feb 12, 15:21
Sergeant Major
Bulgaria

The_Hussar is on the path to success [1-99] The_Hussar is on the path to success [1-99] The_Hussar is on the path to success [1-99] The_Hussar is on the path to success [1-99] The_Hussar is on the path to success [1-99] The_Hussar is on the path to success [1-99] The_Hussar is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinz Essling View Post
The link to the plates on the Napoleon series website is http://www.napoleon-series.org/milit...c_Neumann.html
Thank you for this site so much!
I have been looking for larger images. Unfortunately I don't have any more rep points to give you...

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...91#post2139891
Old 05 Feb 12, 10:06
Sergeant
Czech

Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99] Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99] Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99] Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99] Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99] Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99]
Here is little something that I did for my first personal exhibition with a help of my friend in arms, who organized it for the 206th anniversary of battle of Austerlitz.
It was my first try on uniforms plates. They are not good, but we all must start somewhere, right?

All uniforms are up to 1805 of course and up to reenactment regiments you can meet in the Austerlitz battle reenactment every year.

French

Coalition

Oh yes, and the Emperor of course:
Pensant à sa mie, que toujours il regrette.

Old 05 Feb 12, 18:04
General of the Forums
Luxembourg
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

General Brock has disabled reputation
"Just beautiful" Great art work Cath B.
Old 06 Feb 12, 07:01
Recruit
Italy

ilbroccione is a balanced individual [0]
tell me something about this....
( my english is bad...sorry )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg velitigr18123rs0.jpg (37.8 KB, 88 views)
Old 06 Feb 12, 15:14
Corporal
Italy

lmikko is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbroccione View Post

Officier de Velites de la Garde Royale en gran tenue (Royaume de Naples) vers 1812/13
Old 06 Feb 12, 16:22
Sergeant
Czech

Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99] Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99] Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99] Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99] Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99] Cath B. is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Brock View Post
"Just beautiful" Great art work Cath B.
I'm glad you think so, thank you for the compliment, Brock
Pensant à sa mie, que toujours il regrette.

Old 06 Feb 12, 16:50
Brigadier General
France
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500]
VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500] VieuxChat is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
I'm glad you think so
Beautify work
Old 07 Feb 12, 06:09
General of the Forums
England
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbroccione View Post
Qui ci sono alcune illustrazioni piu uniforme della guardia reale. Con H. Knotel

velites e il Trombettista

Paul
Can win mans heart for you;
And many a blessing know to stew
To make a megloamaniac bright;
Give honour to the dainty Corse,
The Pixie is a little shite.

Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 07 Feb 12 at 06:35..
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!