StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Napoleonic Era

Notices and Announcements

Napoleonic Era Discuss the many wars fought around the globe around the time of Napoleon. This forum is dedicated to the memory of Ben Weider and our late friend and long time ACG Staff member, Michael Brown, better known here as Post Captain.

Old 25 Nov 10, 16:10
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400]
von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400]
Two views of the Saxon von Zastrow regiment charging Russian grenadiers of the 24th regiment

Left..

Old 25 Nov 10, 16:14
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400]
Right half. Note the guy in the red jacket, the trumpeter, and the artillery piece I believe is an "unicorn" a russian secret weapon, a canon-howitzer of conical bore.

Old 25 Nov 10, 16:16
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

I believe these guys are from a Württemberg regiment

Old 25 Nov 10, 16:18
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

detail of the wounded Russian cuirassier at the bottom right corner of above pic

The Devil's Dictionary, Ambrose Bierce

http://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/

http://pinturasdeguerra.tumblr.com/

http://pinturasdeguerra-mar.tumblr.com/
Old 25 Nov 10, 16:21
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

And the last one, melee between the Russian and Saxon cuirassiers of their respective Guards. Hope you enjoyed, and give me reputation if so.

Sponsored Links

Old 27 Nov 10, 13:11
Private
Denmark

sep is on the path to success [1-99]
I love his paiting style, but the cavaleryman in post 1518, is he an Wuttemberger, it don`t look like a russian helmet.
Old 27 Nov 10, 13:51
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sep View Post
I love his paiting style, but the cavaleryman in post 1518, is he an Wuttemberger, it don`t look like a russian helmet.
I think the cipher in the sabraque is that of Alexander. And they are charging alongside the Russian cuirassiers so I believe they are Russian dragoons.
Old 27 Nov 10, 16:52
Corporal
Poland
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Nolendil is on the path to success [1-99] Nolendil is on the path to success [1-99]
Wuerttembergians in Great Redoubt

von Junzt
"Quote:
I think the cipher in the sabraque is that of Alexander. And they are charging alongside the Russian cuirassiers so I believe they are Russian dragoons. "
In my opinion on this picture we can see the Wuerttembergian grenadiers defending vs russian cuirassiers. And here are also Wuerttembergian dragoons, one of them seek protection between his comrades. von Juntz - this cypher isn't A like Alexander, it is F and R. The King of Wuerttemberg in this times was Friedriech II. Otherwise, look on this dragoon's helmet, this sign is the same as on the helmets of grenadiers.
Old 28 Nov 10, 04:49
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Thank you for the clarification, now that you point it out is obvious, I shouldn't drink and post Wüttemberg troops are quite obscure a subject, and I just couldn't figure out, I thought they were riding along the Russian cuirassiers! it just shows how confusing a battle can be!

Only one reputation point received! for these pics!?? After all that work!!? Oh, the ingratitude!
Old 28 Nov 10, 04:57
Sergeant Major
EU
5 Year Service Ribbon 

ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolendil View Post
von Junzt
"Quote:
I think the cipher in the sabraque is that of Alexander. And they are charging alongside the Russian cuirassiers so I believe they are Russian dragoons. "
In my opinion on this picture we can see the Wuerttembergian grenadiers defending vs russian cuirassiers. And here are also Wuerttembergian dragoons, one of them seek protection between his comrades. von Juntz - this cypher isn't A like Alexander, it is F and R. The King of Wuerttemberg in this times was Friedriech II. Otherwise, look on this dragoon's helmet, this sign is the same as on the helmets of grenadiers.
Correct - see attached Wurttemberg 2nd Cavalry Rgt 1811-12.
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...1&d=1290938162

Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1811-12.jpg (174.0 KB, 319 views)
Old 28 Nov 10, 05:51
Sergeant Major
EU
5 Year Service Ribbon 

ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99] ewpeyia is on the path to success [1-99]
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Junzt View Post
Thank you for the clarification, now that you point it out is obvious, I shouldn't drink and post Wüttemberg troops are quite obscure a subject, and I just couldn't figure out, I thought they were riding along the Russian cuirassiers! it just shows how confusing a battle can be!

Only one reputation point received! for these pics!?? After all that work!!? Oh, the ingratitude!
Not my fault, the forum won't allow me to give you another 'Rep' until I share some around.

Weird system!
Old 28 Nov 10, 22:38
Private
China

jzha086 is on the path to success [1-99]
execution of the Queen?

Hi guys! Look what I have got!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dup2_hamilton_001f.jpg (105.0 KB, 248 views)
Old 29 Nov 10, 10:03
Sergeant Major
EU
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Two views of the Saxon von Zastrow regiment charging Russian grenadiers of the 24th regiment

Left..

I think these are the Saxon du Corps Regiment.
Ed
Old 29 Nov 10, 10:04
Sergeant Major
EU
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Right half. Note the guy in the red jacket, the trumpeter, and the artillery piece I believe is an "unicorn" a russian secret weapon, a canon-howitzer of conical bore.

These also are the Saxon du Corps Regiment.
Ed
Old 29 Nov 10, 10:09
Sergeant Major
EU
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
And the last one, melee between the Russian and Saxon cuirassiers of their respective Guards. Hope you enjoyed, and give me reputation if so.

The gentlemen with the yellow collars and shabraques are Saxon von Zastrow Cuirassiers.

Ed
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!