StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 16 Jul 17, 22:50
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamak View Post
Read the article and notice what Snopes does NOT mention.

If you believe that this article was an "in-depth" analysis of the false allegations, you should be troubled by the fact that it did not mention any false allegations about the Russian hacking or Flynn discussions with the Russians, or Comey's memos or the secret contacts between the Trump Campaign and Russian figures. Also, it does not include in any of its examples, mainstream left media such as New York Times and The Washington Post.
In the same stance that anything "Obama &/or Hillary" not admissable, so should those persons not "Trump" be, given the title and focus of this Thread/OP.
Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *
Old 16 Jul 17, 23:42
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
And you tried to pass this article as some " in-depth analysis of the false allegations..."which made me push back.
The OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
From Snopes......some very interesting things are brought up.

An in-depth analysis of the false allegations and misleading claims made against the 45th President since his inauguration.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/07/12/trump-lies/
Bold black is what I posted, bold red is the first paragraph in the article from Snopes; a left leaning 'fact' organization.

Quote:
What you actually brought was an article with analysis based on selected and relative minor cases which fit your story of Trump's victimhood by the evil left media. This is why I mentioned some counterexamples which were ignored by the authors of this article.
What I actually brought up was "some very interesting things are brought up"..... Nothing more, nothing less. Your personal issues with Trump is clouding your ability to separate between what I posted and what Snopes posted.

It is clear as water, you are incapable of reading an article that points out inconsistencies with what the MSM wants you to believe....from a left leaning source non the less. All of the analysis was from Snopes, not from me. If you really believe that they had it wrong, you should contact them directly.
Old 17 Jul 17, 00:44
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

Perhaps the most important thing they didn't mention;
Democrats have lost 5 out of 5 elections this year, despite massive funding.

Maybe Snopes is trying to give you guys a hint. Maybe they are tired of losing. Maybe they know that this constant frivolous baloney being used to obstruct the President isn't fooling anyone.

Nah, can't be anything like that, eh?

-Mark Twain
Old 17 Jul 17, 01:18
Sergeant Major
United_States

pamak is on the path to success [1-99] pamak is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
The OP:

Bold black is what I posted, bold red is the first paragraph in the article from Snopes; a left leaning 'fact' organization.

What I actually brought up was "some very interesting things are brought up"..... Nothing more, nothing less. Your personal issues with Trump is clouding your ability to separate between what I posted and what Snopes posted.

It is clear as water, you are incapable of reading an article that points out inconsistencies with what the MSM wants you to believe....from a left leaning source non the less. All of the analysis was from Snopes, not from me. If you really believe that they had it wrong, you should contact them directly.
My mistake: I attributed the comment of the "in depth analysis" to you even though you did not write it. My criticism about the quality of this "in-depth analysis remains as it is for the reasons I have already explained. And, no, saying that Snopes is a left leaning organization does not mean that everybody who writes there is leftist.

Last edited by pamak; 17 Jul 17 at 01:33..
Old 17 Jul 17, 01:32
Sergeant Major
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
Perhaps the most important thing they didn't mention;
Democrats have lost 5 out of 5 elections this year, despite massive funding.

Maybe Snopes is trying to give you guys a hint. Maybe they are tired of losing. Maybe they know that this constant frivolous baloney being used to obstruct the President isn't fooling anyone.

Nah, can't be anything like that, eh?
Irrelevant to the issue on hand

Nixon won in one of the largest landslides in the US history at the same time when the Washington Post was publishing the results of its Watergate investigation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...election,_1972

Out of the 538 electoral votes, Nixon got 520.
Sponsored Links

Old 17 Jul 17, 11:00
General of the Forums
United_States

Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700] Nichols is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
My mistake: I attributed the comment of the "in depth analysis" to you even though you did not write it.
Okay, you made a mistake. Now let's see if you will correct your mistake.

Quote:
Reread this from the article:

"The focus here is on attacks against Trump. So for the purpose of this article, we’re not interested in false claims that are intended to reflect favorably on him. Nor does this analysis address claims made against his family members, of which there have been many. It’s also limited to the period following the inauguration on 20 January. This analysis was primarily based on an in-depth search of our own archives."

Quote:
My criticism about the quality of this "in-depth analysis remains as it is for the reasons I have already explained. And, no, saying that Snopes is a left leaning organization does not mean that everybody who writes there is leftist.
You haven't addressed the article, you have only mentioned what the article didn't address.

Here's your chance to correct your mistake; address the article that this thread is about.

Last edited by Nichols; 17 Jul 17 at 11:53..
Old 17 Jul 17, 12:06
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
https://www.facebook.com/Mediamatter...4762917041167/

Smith thinks he is a lying pos.
Old 17 Jul 17, 12:19
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The main preoccupation of the Trump administration is threefold: First, to lie repeatedly; Second, to blame others for their own screw-ups; and Three to attack anyone who disagrees with them.

And the administration's approval rating (36%) reflects those 'characteristics.'
To strive to seek to find and not to yield.
Old 17 Jul 17, 12:26
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massena View Post
The main preoccupation of the Trump administration is threefold: First, to lie repeatedly; Second, to blame others for their own screw-ups; and Three to attack anyone who disagrees with them.
The Snopes article addresses this:

Infused throughout almost all these claims, behind their successful dissemination, is confirmation bias: the fuel that drives the spread of all propaganda and false or misleading claims among otherwise sensible and skeptical people. Confirmation bias is the tendency to look for, find, remember and share information that confirms the beliefs we already have, and the tendency to dismiss, ignore and forget information that contradicts those beliefs. It is one of the keys to why clever people, on all sides of every disagreement, sometimes believe stupid things that aren’t true.
Old 17 Jul 17, 12:28
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:

And the administration's approval rating (36%) reflects those 'characteristics.'
You are confused. That was the Obama administration.
Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *
Old 17 Jul 17, 12:46
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G David Bock View Post
You are confused. That was the Obama administration.
No. If you are actually paying attention to what is going on with the Trump administration you would understand that everything I have posted is correct.

Trump and his minions are completely corrupt and have absolutely no moral compass.

Junior has been caught lying multiple times in this recent iteration, Trump himself lies repeatedly, and Flynn was fired for lying to the vice-president.

If you can't see that or understand what is going on then I feel very sorry for you.
To strive to seek to find and not to yield.
Old 17 Jul 17, 13:44
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
No. If you are actually paying attention to what is going on with the Trump administration you would understand that everything I have posted is correct.

Trump and his minions are completely corrupt and have absolutely no moral compass.

Junior has been caught lying multiple times in this recent iteration, Trump himself lies repeatedly, and Flynn was fired for lying to the vice-president.

If you can't see that or understand what is going on then I feel very sorry for you.

I don't follow you... How is Trump "completely corrupt?" Flynn was an obvious mistake, but he lasted what? Weeks at most and was fired. Trump's son had a meeting with some Russian lawyer that isn't even part of their government in which Trump had no part, and you make it sound like this guy had his own secret, illegal, private e-mail server with years of "stuff" on it and then wiped the drives handing over only what he chose to the government when they demanded copies of everything.

I just don't see "completely corrupt" here. I see incompetence. I see some poor decision making. But, I don't see corruption.

Quote:
cor·rup·tion
[kəˈrəpSH(ə)n]

NOUN
1. dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery:
"the journalist who wants to expose corruption in high places"
synonyms: dishonesty · unscrupulousness · double-dealing · fraud · fraudulence · [more]
the action of making someone or something morally depraved or the state of being so:
"the word “addict” conjures up evil and corruption"
synonyms: immorality · depravity · vice · degeneracy · perversion · [more]
archaic
2. decay; putrefaction:
"the potato turned black and rotten with corruption"
3. the process by which something, typically a word or expression, is changed from its original use or meaning to one that is regarded as erroneous or debased.
Now, what I do see is those with the worst TDS doing #3 with this word...
Old 17 Jul 17, 14:02
Sergeant Major
United_States

Quote:
Okay, you made a mistake. Now let's see if you will correct your mistake.

Reread this from the article:

"The focus here is on attacks against Trump. So for the purpose of this article, we’re not interested in false claims that are intended to reflect favorably on him. Nor does this analysis address claims made against his family members, of which there have been many. It’s also limited to the period following the inauguration on 20 January. This analysis was primarily based on an in-depth search of our own archives."

You haven't addressed the article, you have only mentioned what the article didn't address.

Here's your chance to correct your mistake; address the article that this thread is about.

This thread is only about this article? Really?
Where do you live?
Threads use articles to support political opinions.
Immediately after your post and before my intervention, posters came with comments expressing opinions such as

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post
I think this article is a testament to how far the left has gone. Snopes is having to make entire articles refuting the left in order to restore its credibility.

Last edited by pamak; 17 Jul 17 at 14:08..
Old 17 Jul 17, 15:08
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
This thread is only about this article? Really?
Where do you live?
Where do you live?

The thread is about the lies that people have made up about Trump. What you are bringing up is covered in numerous threads already; Trump Russia, Messena's Trump Files and numerous other threads.

Why are you afraid to discuss the topic of this thread?
Old 17 Jul 17, 15:09
Sergeant Major
United_States

Quote:
Where do you live?

The thread is about the lies that people have made up about Trump. What you are bringing up is covered in numerous threads already; Trump Russia, Messena's Trump Files and numerous other threads.

Why are you afraid to discuss the topic of this thread?
Why are you afraid to answer the question in my previous post?

Edit: Last question of #28 post

Last edited by pamak; 17 Jul 17 at 22:18..
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!