StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Units - Military/Naval Service of ACG Members > Army

Notices and Announcements

Army ACG service in the Army of any nation.

Old 12 May 12, 18:26
Sergeant Major
United_States

Gencallan has disabled reputation
6th Infantry

I've found it weird that when looking for a 6th Infantry shoulder patch, the count skips over the 6th. I did eventually find one, would like to find a crest for HHQ 2BN/6th Infantry and for the 304th Sig Bn. Found a bunch at the 45th Infantry Museum in Oklahoma City, but they were 'state' property and not for sale or free.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 13 May 12, 17:16
Second Lieutenant
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99]
?What ?

Hello,
Are you looking for the 6th Infantry Division, or the 6th Infantry Regiment?
RedDagger18
Old 19 May 12, 18:39
Sergeant Major
United_States

6th Infantry

It's the 6th Infantry Division, we were stationed in Berlin as part of the Berlin Brigade. The "Gators" is their nickname. The patch is shped like the Star off David and all red in color.
Old 19 May 12, 20:06
Second Lieutenant
United_States

RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99] RedDagger18 is on the path to success [1-99]
6th Infantry Division

The red six pointed star is the divisional shoulder patch of the 6th Infantry Division, last resurrected as the 6th Infantry Division (Arctic Light) back during the Reagan era of military buildup. It was stationed in Alaska at the time mide 1980's

When you say you're looking for the regimental crest for the 2nd Battalion of the 6th Infantry, you are referring to a battalion of a regiment in the US Army's Combat Arms Regimental System (CARS). The last time the 6th Infantry Regiment was together as a regiment, it was the armored infantry of the 1st Armored Division. There is a regimental crest for it. A picture of the crest is in Stanton's World War II Order of Battle book; there is a "gator" as part of the symbology. During WW2, the regiment was broken out into three separate armored infantry battalons: 6th, 11th and 14th.

Since CARS did away with the regiment as a tactical unit, making it purely a ceremonial designation as a placeholder for honors and traditions, the battalions are brigaded with divisional and separate brigades, and constantly being re-flagged, as the Army calls it. That's how the 2/6th Infantry got to be in the Berlin Brigade when it was active in the divided city.
RedDagger18
Old 27 May 12, 18:47
Sergeant Major
United_States

I could never keep that Regiment, division, brigade stuff together. I just went where I was told, Korea in '68-69 then Berlin in '69-'70.Guess that's why I could never find anything on the 592nd Sig Co, after getting my Top Secret clearance, I was sent back to Signal.
Old 22 Jun 12, 06:57
Second Lieutenant
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99]
I deployed to Iraq in 2009 with 4th Battalion 6th Infantry Regiment and if this is the crest you are looking for I believe I may have an extra somewhere. I'll check tonight.
Old 18 Jul 12, 10:50
Sergeant Major
United_States

Crest 2/6th

Yeah that's it, thats the crest of the 2/6th, I had found the Regiment or division, what was it when you served?

1231 Dakota St
Norman,OK 73069.
Old 10 Nov 12, 19:41
Second Lieutenant
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99]
I served with 4th Battalion 6th Infantry Regiment from 2008-2010 where they were assigned to 4th Brigade, 1st Armored Division. I then went to 2nd Battalion 18th IN Regiment which had just reflagged from 2-6IN.
Old 12 Nov 12, 22:11
Colonel
United_States

Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100]
6th Infantry Regiment

During WWII, the 6th Infantry Regiment fell under the 1st Armored Division and was redesignated 6th Armored Infantry Battalion; 2nd Battalion went to the 11th Armored Division and the 3rd Battalion went to the 14th Armored Division.

During my tour of duty in Germany (Jan 83 - May 88) the 1st Bn 6th Infantry was assigned to 1st Brigade 1st Armored Division and 2nd Bn 6th Infantry was reflagged from 1st Bn, 51st Inf and assigned to 2nd Brigade; I was in the 3rd Brigade that had 1st Bn 54th Infantry taht became the 6th Bn 6th Infantry and I was in the 1st Bn 52nd Inf (Ready Rifles) and in April 1986 we became the 7th Bn, 6th Infantry; the 3rd, 4th and 5th battalions were in the US at this time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6th_Inf...(United_States)

The Motto of the regiment "Regulars by God", dates back to the War of 1812, when the British commander saw the US troops marching through the smoke and stated, "Those are regulars, By God".

I served two years in this outfit and enjoyed every moment; I was the Scout Platoon PSG during this time.
Old 14 Jun 13, 19:43
Recruit
United_States

sp4sherman is a balanced individual [0]
HHC 2nd Bn. 6th US Infantry

I served in Berlin 1975-78. was assigned to HHC 2nd Bn 6th Inf.
I was the battlion Generator technician. 52B30 which was rolled into the 63B10 wheeled vehicle mechanic.
I served under Capt Johnson, Capt Wallace, Capt Degrange.
also WO2 Adams, WO1 Swaddish.
The best LTC, was John G. Gergulis.
I have the unit crest and shoulder patch.
(I may have some extras packed away) I will look and post back to you.
I believe sometime in the 80's the 6th Infantry was formed into the 502nd Infantry, which I believe was an air assault infantry after the 11th airborne which was also derived from the 101st airborne, don't quote me on that. I could be wrong.
Sponsored Links

Old 14 Jun 13, 20:29
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
Yes, it was converted into the 502nd Infantry. A friend of mine commanded a company there in the late '80s early '90s. There should be some 6th Infantry still in the 1st Armored Division.

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!