StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 04 Oct 17, 23:59
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
YUP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
Why? Got something to hide? On the net?

Sometimes the ignorance of people is really flipping epic...
No lie.

~
"Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 05 Oct 17, 00:05
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Not if your target is a mass of people filling a field and you are firing what is effectively a machine gun. What he appears to have been proficient at is selecting the target in the fist place. This doesn't appear to have been a spur of the moment attack but something planned and possibly with some reconnoitering. One wonders how long before was his booking of the hotel room was and if he specified the room or at least the floor and the side of the hotel..
I would say that he did. In that I think that he chose poorly to be honest. He could have been far more effective with a lower room that would have allowed for some degree of grazing fire and better ricochets. His room location meant everything was plunging fire and at angles that would have make ricochets a bit less dangerous than they would have been at a lower angle.
Old 05 Oct 17, 01:54
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post
I would say that he did. In that I think that he chose poorly to be honest. He could have been far more effective with a lower room that would have allowed for some degree of grazing fire and better ricochets. His room location meant everything was plunging fire and at angles that would have make ricochets a bit less dangerous than they would have been at a lower angle.
I imagine that's offset by the field of vision and the practical limitations in terms of room - he wasn't getting a normal room but a very large (and expensive) one, and those aren't as common on lower floors. When you're paying big bills for big rooms, you want a big view.

I'd also just put it down to the difference between "knowledgeable" and "expert". It would be like that scene in Ronin where the Sean Bean character describes an ambush (two shooters on either side of a car) and is immediately called out for it by putting those shooters literally in each other's firing line.

The man knew enough to go up for a field of view, brought specialized equipment with him, and was trained enough not to shoot himself in the foot - so far more knowledgeable than the common man - but his grasp of ballistics was potentially poorer than a true expert would be capable of understanding.
Old 05 Oct 17, 02:19
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikeye View Post
I don't know how anyone can suggest a solution to what happened in Vegas since no one knows what the heck happened yet.....
Yeah, and if I may deviate from the rush to make this event yet another Political football, there are questions about the case itself.

Okay, if he wasn't in simpatico with ISIS, then what WAS his motivation?

And isn't it interesting, how ALL of these Mass-Killers are on those funky "Happy Pills"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuaXRrf8v2A

(and a couple of odd ideas are de-bunked at the end)
Old 05 Oct 17, 02:32
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
Yeah, and if I may deviate from the rush to make this event yet another Political football, there are questions about the case itself.

And isn't it interesting, how ALL of these Mass-Killers are on those funky "Happy Pills"?

The fact that we have so many Experts using social media to talk about all the strange things while also talking about how little is known sorta illustrates a strange irony plaguing the whole social media pulpit industry.

There are now hundreds of videos and posts with hundreds of thousands of views and shares when the information is still not out there. To describe something as strange before the evidence is even presented is as premature as calling dinner disgusting before it is even out of the oven.
Old 05 Oct 17, 02:33
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post
It does however offset some of the problems with bullet drop due to gravity. At 400 yards or so you are about one head above the target to hit center mass. Yes, he has a huge target, but this does come into play, particularly once the crowd thins and you really have to aim your shots.
Old 05 Oct 17, 03:25
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Aimed shots with an AK at night or low light conditions? Good luck with that. An AK's average group size at 100 meters is 6-7 inches. At 400 meters you're talking nearly two or more feet, other factors will set it off further, from the aimed target. At night from that distance, anyone he shot at probably didn't get hit, the person next to him may have. What is weird is that a lot of people just milled around like, Dude, are those firecrackers? Not too bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
It does however offset some of the problems with bullet drop due to gravity. At 400 yards or so you are about one head above the target to hit center mass. Yes, he has a huge target, but this does come into play, particularly once the crowd thins and you really have to aim your shots.
No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 05 Oct 17, 03:29
General of the Forums
United_States

Democrats have been proving themselves to be anarchists, I'm not surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post

No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 05 Oct 17, 04:53
General
Scotland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400] Paddybhoy has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101combatvet View Post
Aimed shots with an AK at night or low light conditions? Good luck with that. An AK's average group size at 100 meters is 6-7 inches. At 400 meters you're talking nearly two or more feet, other factors will set it off further, from the aimed target. At night from that distance, anyone he shot at probably didn't get hit, the person next to him may have. What is weird is that a lot of people just milled around like, Dude, are those firecrackers? Not too bright.

And I am done with this forum......
Old 05 Oct 17, 05:21
General of the Forums
Australia
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600]
BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600] BELGRAVE is simply cracking [600]
And I am done with this forum......[/QUOTE]

It makes you think, doesn't it ?
Here we have a deranged gunman murdering and wounding fellow citizens, yet we have a serious discussion on how the bastard might have managed it more effectively.
Sponsored Links

Old 05 Oct 17, 06:31
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddybhoy View Post
[/B]

Just be done with the asshat fools such as the one you referring to. IGNORE

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 05 Oct 17, 06:34
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELGRAVE View Post
Here we have a deranged gunman murdering and wounding fellow citizens, yet we have a serious discussion on how the bastard might have managed it more effectively.
[/QUOTE]

All seems to be the gun nutters and all from the right. Any surprise?
They might not want to realize it ...they are ill...very ill.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Old 05 Oct 17, 07:59
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

Yes, yes it is....
Of cabbages—and kings—
And why the sea is boiling hot—
And whether pigs have wings.”
― Lewis Carroll
Old 05 Oct 17, 09:25
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:

Your not epic, or legend.

Old 05 Oct 17, 11:01
General of the Forums
France
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
[/QUOTE]

The American love for efficiency and for perfection.
You cannot beat that , Philip

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!