StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 03 Oct 17, 17:49
Colonel
UK
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Poor Old Spike quote- "As for the Bible I could give you a truckload of quotes from it that support weapon ownership, for example when they came to arrest Jesus his right-hand man Peter sliced off the high priest's lackeys ear with a sword..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
and was rebuked by Christ who healed the wound..
Yeah but the fact remains that Jesus allowed Peter to carry a sword in the first place, thereby signifying that weapons are not evil in themselves..

"Oh, how comely it is and how reviving
To the Spirits of just men long opprest!
When God into the hands of their deliverer puts invincible might
To quell the might of the Earth, th' oppressour,
The brute and boist'rous force of violent men..."
- John Milton 1608-74

US troops kill an SS general (left) and his driver-

"Before America entered the war I knew we could not win it. After she entered I knew we could not lose"- Winston Churchill

Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 03 Oct 17 at 18:00..
Old 03 Oct 17, 17:59
General of the Forums
Wales
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Edited post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
Funny how Englishmen's taste for little boys -- and the Crown's propensity for shielding them from justice -- is eternal.
You are mixing up the Vatican with the Crown. Homosexual kings are Richard 1, Edward II, James 1/VI, and that's about it. All three preferred men to boys, with dire consequences for Edward II.

Read a book sometime, rather than listen to a sound bite .
Old 03 Oct 17, 18:24
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
Edited post.

You are mixing up the Vatican with the Crown. Homosexual kings are Richard 1, Edward II, James 1/VI, and that's about it. All three preferred men to boys, with dire consequences for Edward II.

Read a book sometime, rather than listen to a sound bite .
Sorry to come across as snarky, but given all the pedophilia scandals that have rocked British officialdom in recent years -- Jimmy Saville being only the tip of the iceberg -- I've come to think that many Crown institutions were successfully infiltrated by PIE members, who have, over the years, served to blunt investigation and/or prosecution of genuine pederasts. Some of your countrymen are blaming Muslims as uniquely perverse due to that recent imbroglio, but I can't help but to think that local police and prosecutors had been conditioned by covert PIE members within the civil service to not pursue such cases, regardless pf the perp's ethnic or religious background. I mean, let's face it: the fact that Jamie Bulger's murderers are out and about -- and reoffending -- proves abundantly that the Crown is not your friend. The Crown doesn't give a flying fck about you or your family.

And yes, if absolutely compelled to choose, I'd much rather my kid shot than have batteries shoved into his rectum and his head bashed open by a piece a railroad equipment. It's not even close. That's not to say that I enjoy these wild shooting incidents: they frankly disgust me, but if you possess a modicum of humanity then you'd scream for all of Britain to focus the whole of its resolve on ridding her governing institutions of these perverts, instead of worrying about gun control an ocean away.
Old 03 Oct 17, 18:54
General of the Forums
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500]
Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
Sorry to come across as snarky, but given all the pedophilia scandals that have rocked British officialdom in recent years -- Jimmy Saville being only the tip of the iceberg -- I've come to think that many Crown institutions were successfully infiltrated by PIE members, who have, over the years, served to blunt investigation and/or prosecution of genuine pederasts. Some of your countrymen are blaming Muslims as uniquely perverse due to that recent imbroglio, but I can't help but to think that local police and prosecutors had been conditioned by covert PIE members within the civil service to not pursue such cases, regardless pf the perp's ethnic or religious background. I mean, let's face it: the fact that Jamie Bulger's murderers are out and about -- and reoffending -- proves abundantly that the Crown is not your friend. The Crown doesn't give a flying fck about you or your family.

And yes, if absolutely compelled to choose, I'd much rather my kid shot than have batteries shoved into his rectum and his head bashed open by a piece a railroad equipment. It's not even close. That's not to say that I enjoy these wild shooting incidents: they frankly disgust me, but if you possess a modicum of humanity then you'd scream for all of Britain to focus the whole of its resolve on ridding her governing institutions of these perverts, instead of worrying about gun control an ocean away.
The social service run children’s homes (as well as the Catholic Church of course) has been the traditional melieu for child abuse in the UK. It was rife in the ‘loony left’ London boroughs in the 70s to early 90s. Corbyn is supposed to have turned a blind eye to it in Islington. .
Though even in Conservative areas such as Kent the then social service director was on record as saying words to the effect that abuse by staff was not to be prosecuted. Basically local government is usually corrupt and perverted
Old 03 Oct 17, 19:17
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
The answer is simple; get 2/3rds of both houses to amend the Constitution.
And have 3/4s of all the States Legislators agree and they have 7 years to do that, Fat Chance!
Old 03 Oct 17, 19:31
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
I don't think that this Gulf is as important as you think.
For example, ISIS has nothing more sophisticated than an armored truck that can fire Rockets.
And yet somehow, all of the Ballyhoo in the world has not conquered them yet.

Okay, goofy example, but I think you get the point.

An insurgency is not dependent on heavy weaponry. It is determination and a willingness to take casualties that make it a winner... or a loser.

The Tanker and the bomber pilot all need to sleep sometime, and the minor functionaries can't do their jobs from inside a Green Zone. And when they are outnumbered by 50-1 by a hostile or even indifferent population, then they are extremely vulnerable.
This is also where the ordinary rifle or handgun becomes crucial, and all the frustrated despots out there know it.
I'd say part of their ability to win is also tied into, well, a real goal for victory. ISIS never truly had that because victory was impossible. They weren't about to conquer the world, so how does going around sponsoring terrorism and provoking violent fights lead to a "winning" solution?

About the only logic I could see behind them has been a misplaced belief that their struggle would ignore a world-wide Jihad and the faithful would come flocking to their banner... and instead they (like the rest of their ilk) have just ended up being a bigger scourge on the Islamic world than anywhere else.

In a fight between the US government and a citizen rebellion, I'm going with a "worst case" scenario, meaning not only does the full might of the state's military force remain loyal to the "crown", as it were, but they also have a willingness to win at any cost. Because if we have to take into account outside factors (such as ISIS being funded from abroad and other such facets) then the role of the 2nd Amendment in allowing for self protection is diminished further.

If a theoretical tyrant president was willing to use nukes to put down a rebellion, and the military and apparatus of the state supported him to the hilt, how long do you think it would take those rebels with AR-15s and deer rifles? Because that's my angle - how can the citizens defeat the central government alone: no defecting troops, no foreign aid, no big foreign superpower looking to intervene if the government crossed a line.

But anyway, this is getting wildly off topic, so I'll just drop that angle in the future to avoid more drift. Suffice it to say, the 2nd Amendment and gun laws in this nation will be the subject of bitter debate in the immediate future, I foresee - and both sides will obtain their minor victories and the actual issues will remain unaddressed.
Old 03 Oct 17, 19:54
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
Poor Old Spike quote- "As for the Bible I could give you a truckload of quotes from it that support weapon ownership, for example when they came to arrest Jesus his right-hand man Peter sliced off the high priest's lackeys ear with a sword..

Yeah but the fact remains that Jesus allowed Peter to carry a sword in the first place, thereby signifying that weapons are not evil in themselves..

[]
BS indeed double BS where is your source (biblical) for whether Jesus did or did not determine what the disciples carried?
Old 03 Oct 17, 20:52
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Changing the Constitution will lead to some serious bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
The answer is simple; get 2/3rds of both houses to amend the Constitution.
No lie.

~
"Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 03 Oct 17, 21:18
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
BS indeed double BS where is your source (biblical) for whether Jesus did or did not determine what the disciples carried?
King James Bible
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 03 Oct 17, 22:02
Colonel
UK

Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Here ya go mate, and notice in the second verse more people than just Peter were packing swords.

"Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his right ear. (The servant’s name was Malchus.)"- John 18:10
"When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?”
And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.
But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him."- Luke 22:49-51

Like I said, Jesus obviously allowed them to carry them, probably as a deterrent to muggers on their travels, indicating weapons are not evil whether they're swords or guns..
Sponsored Links

Old 03 Oct 17, 22:08
Colonel
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
King James Bible
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Yeah..-

Old 03 Oct 17, 22:18
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Some people believe there is no right to self-defense, **** them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
Yeah..-

No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 03 Oct 17, 22:44
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
I foresee - and both sides will obtain their minor victories and the actual issues will remain unaddressed.
I agree, SOS that has been argued for the last 40+ years and nothing has come out of it except for the Brady Bill and the Criminal Background Check and neither had any effect as far as I am concerned, the Criminals still have their 9 Mil's and mass shootings still continue, all the tonque waging and law making won't do any good, we have about 20.000 gun laws on the books and it would probably help some to enforce them, but we don't it's a waste of time and money to get more and more, I learned as a youngster not to **** in to the wind, as far as making Firearms illegal, good luck with that one, there are about 100+ million gun owners in our country and 99.9%, like me won't give them up, so now what?
Old 03 Oct 17, 23:24
General of the Forums
United_States

fight back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung Si View Post
I agree, SOS that has been argued for the last 40+ years and nothing has come out of it except for the Brady Bill and the Criminal Background Check and neither had any effect as far as I am concerned, the Criminals still have their 9 Mil's and mass shootings still continue, all the tonque waging and law making won't do any good, we have about 20.000 gun laws on the books and it would probably help some to enforce them, but we don't it's a waste of time and money to get more and more, I learned as a youngster not to **** in to the wind, as far as making Firearms illegal, good luck with that one, there are about 100+ million gun owners in our country and 99.9%, like me won't give them up, so now what?
No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 04 Oct 17, 01:21
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Las Vegas conspiracies are still spreading on Facebook

Quote:

If you’re one of the 1.8 million people who likes the Facebook page WorldTruthTV, you might have seen a post about “Five Things That Just Don’t Add Up About The Las Vegas Mass Shooting,” which cites debunked reports of blocked exits and that the shooter possessed weapons “almost impossible” to obtain.

And if you’re among the 453,000 people who like the page 4biddenknowledge or the 723,000 who subscribe to The People’s Voice page, you have probably seen some conspiracy theories about links to antifa or multiple shooters flying around about the Sunday night attack.

Viral fake news stories on about the Las Vegas shooting like these — shared by largely right-leaning pages with huge audiences — appear to be vastly outperforming other posts that these pages share, based on a sample collected by VICE News, a sign that digital platforms like Facebook, Google, YouTube, and Twitter are still enabling an economy of misinformation and propaganda masquerading as news.

“Yes, I noticed a small bump in Facebook traffic,” said Billy Carson, the blogger who operates 4biddenknowledge, about publishing Vegas-related conspiracy headlines. “These posts about the Vegas mass shooting definitely have people talking and talking is good.”
https://news.vice.com/story/las-vega...ng-on-facebook

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!