StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 02 Oct 17, 16:51
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
For what it's worth, you're right: dead is dead. Some folks, however, tend to believe that there are some forms of dead that are deader than others.
"Some folks,-"
Oh, yeah, Lawyers.

Quote:
How about banning immigrants?
It is well within the Legal powers of any Govt on Earth to ban immigrants, and it can be done overnight.

However, I'd be more than happy with any Govt that stood up to illegal immigration and all the powers that support it.
I'd also be shocked ...
Old 02 Oct 17, 16:57
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
"Some folks,-"
Oh, yeah, Lawyers.
And a few ACG folks, as well.

Quote:
It is well within the Legal powers of any Govt on Earth to ban immigrants, and it can be done overnight.
In this country, our Constitution defines a process by which such can be accomplished. Outside of that process, such declarations are either meaningless, or illegal.

Quote:
However, I'd be more than happy with any Govt that stood up to illegal immigration and all the powers that support it.
I'd also be shocked ...
It ain't no accident. All them Wets keep lettuce at $2.50/head.
Old 02 Oct 17, 17:11
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I remember when I took the family to Vegas on our Great Summer Vacation. We stayed in a cheap hotel off the strip and spent most of our time at Circus/Circus. They had a floor with Children's games and entertainment. My 13 year old and her 8 year old cousin kept sneaking off to play the adult games! If they had won anything the House would not have paid.

I played the Nickle Slots and made a little more than I put in. The ex lost all her money playing the Quarter Slots. I would be feeding away and she would show up and tell me how much she had been ahead. I would then ask how much of it she had left and she would always say "Nothing!". I did get some old Nickles out of the Nickle Rolls and from the machine so I was happy. On the way out I took a couple of chances on a full sized Cadillac. I would have drove that baby home and flown to meet them in LA! This was the only machine I have seen that took Eisenhower Dollar coins!

Sorry to hear about the tourists. Don't assume it was only adults at the gig. We sometimes walked into our room after midnight. For the rest of the trip the 8 year old would say loudly, "URCH!! Jesus!" when the Taxi Driver almost hit another car!

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 02 Oct 17, 17:12
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactiKill J. View Post
England and Germany don't have a bunch of crazy Americans.
I can't vouch for England but Germany has one or two

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 02 Oct 17, 17:17
Lieutenant General
UK

Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Very disappointing: in all the commotion, those Brits could have looted all up and down the strip and nobody would have noticed.
The finance industry's gain was the diplomatic corps loss.

You should have been an ambassador bro.

Last edited by Escape2Victory; 02 Oct 17 at 17:42..
Old 02 Oct 17, 17:22
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

MarkV is simply cracking [600]
MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600]
Quote:

How about banning immigrants?
The First Nations would love that but I don't think Europe could cope with all those deportees.
Old 02 Oct 17, 17:39
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
Think of the thousands of lives that would have been saved had there been a ban on box cutters and huge commercial jet aircraft.

One does not have to aim at individuals in a huge crowd of people in order to kill so many VIA James Bond villain style from the movie "A View To A Kill."

Progressive call for gun control will do nothing but disarm the law abiding. Those who's minds have been poisoned by the Devil will use whatever means to commit mass murder, be it a pressure cooker filled with fireworks, a truck loaded with fertilizer of the right type, cutting a gas line in a building, slashing people in a mall or on a commuter train with a big knife, firebombing a popular night club full of people, releasing poisonous gas in a subway, smashing their car into a crowd of people, a hijacked commercial aircraft, contaminating a municipal water supply, placing poison in Tylenol capsules, blowing up an elementary school full of kids, whatever is handy at the time. One can find numerous links to every one of the methods above that have killed in the past.

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”
Old 02 Oct 17, 17:42
General of the Forums
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500]
Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Usually the killed/wounded ratio is 1-3, or 1-6 in ideal situations. What we are looking at in Vegas is 1-11, and that is pretty damned amazing. There must be some awesome examples of heroism and fantastically spot-on medical work going on while the shooting was still happening.

THAT is the side of this that I would like to know more about.

Maybe later, I'll get into the rest of this, once we know something concrete.
Could many of the wounded be due to stampede rather than bullets?
Old 02 Oct 17, 17:46
General of the Forums
United_States

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrey View Post
In theory, absolutely. We've certainly seen that action before. Guess we'll have to wait for the Clark Co medical examiner's reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Victory View Post
The finance industry's gain was the diplomatic corps loss.

You should have been an ambassador bro.
I once considered a diplomatic career, but the AP's UN bureau chief set me straight: "welcome to the UN -- the world's boringest talking shop." After that, diplomacy's charms were lost on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
The First Nations would love that but I don't think Europe could cope with all those deportees.
What? Don't you want your children back already? We're lonely without our mommy and daddy.

Old 02 Oct 17, 17:53
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrey View Post
Probably.
Sponsored Links

Old 02 Oct 17, 17:57
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoblin View Post
And I get poo-poo'ed for saying that the MSM is full of Trump haters...
Old 02 Oct 17, 18:05
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
And I get poo-poo'ed for saying that the MSM is full of Trump haters...
Actually you've been poo-poo'ed for all kinds of reasons. A plateful of Navy sh*t on a shingle will poo-poo you but good.
Old 02 Oct 17, 18:16
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
Quote:
“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs [sic] will ever do the right thing,” Geftman-Gold wrote in a now-deleted message that was first reported and captured by

Geftman-Gold continued: “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc [sic] country music fans often are Republican gun toters [sic].”
This is a toughie. Between the Upper West Side left-wing faux-intellectual Jewess

and the rubes at the country music concert

I don't know who should be on the receiving end of my schadenfreude.
Old 02 Oct 17, 18:48
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
This should hopefully serve as a lesson to all humans that violence or religious or racial bigotry is never the answer. Somewhere perhaps on a diff planet a different species is studying the human race and us humans should work toward getting to a point with no violence in society.

Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 02 Oct 17 at 19:14..
Old 02 Oct 17, 18:58
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
what weapons did he use?

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!