StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > ARK - Survival Evolved

Notices and Announcements

ARK - Survival Evolved Ark Discussion & home of the DETH CLUSTER of servers

Old 23 Nov 17, 08:11
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
Black Friday Sale

For November 24, Ark Survival Evolved will be on sale from 25 to 50% off at selected retail outlets, the on line stores, and on Steam for all platforms. That sale will include the Season's Pass package as well.
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?...-friday-sales/

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 23 Nov 17, 08:19
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Is it any good?

EDIT: Never mind, I found your other thread.

Have you tried 7 days to die?
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Old 24 Nov 17, 07:55
General of the Forums
United_States

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
Is it any good?

EDIT: Never mind, I found your other thread.

Have you tried 7 days to die?
It beats the zombie game by miles. Especially, if you can get yourself a dragon. (You have to steal the eggs from a nest, then knock out the wild mother to steal her milk which has a shelf life, then spend the next several hours raising the baby to an adult before they will eat raw meat.)

This is a smaller player created map. Ragnarok has 144 square kilometers to explore.

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”
Old 24 Nov 17, 08:01
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I'm not really the pet kind of guy. What else has it got?
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Old 24 Nov 17, 08:03
General of the Forums
United_States

A tamed mate boosted pair of T-Rexes is awesome as well. (Requires a tribe to drop for taming using trancs on these rare triple normal level ones.)

Their stats, 800% melee damage. That will kill and eat a Bronto in three bites.

Old 24 Nov 17, 08:13
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
I'm not really the pet kind of guy. What else has it got?
Lots of exploration, building bases, player VS Player in multi playing version. or coop. Explore dangerous caves, explore under the sea where dangerous creatures live, go up into the freezing mountains where even normal fur armor won't protect you from freezing to death. Fight boss creatures. (This is where you need your powerful apex tames to help you do battle with.) Just do anything that you want, or as a tribe, reach tech level and find out what the Ark is all about as you make your end game escape.

You get pets to help you in your survival. Even this cute little bad weather forecaster from Scorched Earth.

Screenshot of what the Arks really are. They are lifeboats above a dead Earth. That damaged one will be the upcoming Aberration addition to the game.

Old 25 Nov 17, 08:46
General of the Forums
United_States

Well, I just watched the Honest review. If I ever decide I want a game where eating your own poop is an option, I'll give Ark a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnR0iq-LLk

Old 25 Nov 17, 21:16
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
Ron - you should have said spoiler alert! I'd never seen that before - very cool though!

Winston Churchill
Old 26 Nov 17, 07:43
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Well, I just watched the Honest review. If I ever decide I want a game where eating your own poop is an option, I'll give Ark a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnR0iq-LLk

Eating any poop in that game is how your player commits suicide. Try not to do so accidentally when you are transferring it to a compost bin or to a food plot.

Another review; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8lhx2EK7tI

Last edited by SRV Ron; 26 Nov 17 at 08:08..
Old 26 Nov 17, 07:47
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
Ron - you should have said spoiler alert! I'd never seen that before - very cool though!
The end game is on You Tube where the posters cheated their way through to see what it was like.

You can also find the one hour + album written by Garth Coker and played by the London Philharmonic Orchestra. Much of it is dramatic battle music.

Sponsored Links

Old 28 Nov 17, 02:14
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
How deep have you gone into the endgame, Ron? Bungee and I are still only scratching the surface, although we now have a decent bit more experience with boss fights...

Winston Churchill
Old 28 Nov 17, 07:48
General of the Forums
United_States

I haven't. One needs to advance way up into tech gear in order to defeat The Overseer in the end game. It is the ultimate boss creature.

Old 28 Nov 17, 22:31
Hero of ACG
Canada

Sure, but you can take down lower level bosses - for example, the Broodmother on Gamma (easiest difficulty setting) was a breeze with a decent group of rexes - it's when you go higher in difficulty levels (Beta/Alpha) that it starts getting crazy. Solo players can manage the lower level fights with a good group on dinos.

Nevermind The Overseer - I'd be happy just getting a few pieces of Tek gear to check out!

Winston Churchill

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!