StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > First Person Shooters

Notices and Announcements

First Person Shooters For FPS games of all types and for all platforms.

Old 05 Oct 17, 22:26
First Lieutenant
Australia

ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99]
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

Releasing October 27. A sequel to the excellent Wolfenstein: The New Order from 2014, which had no business having such a great story and cast of characters considering the abject silliness of the premise. It was, on its face, an extremely cheesy nazisploitation game in which Nazis won WWII and took over the world using secret ancient technology (think Indianna Jones where the Nazis actually get whatever mystical artifact they're hunting). In Wolfenstein 2: The New colossus, you are now taking the fight to the United States, which like most of the world is under the control of the German Reich.

Full reveal from E3 this year.

"No More Nazis", a more recent and much shorter trailer:

All previews have been extremely positive and it looks much improved over what was already a very good game.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 31 Oct 17, 11:06
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
It looks good I will try and pick the game up today. Wolfenstein 2 offers players the chance to fight not only the Third Reich but also the KKK..this game is right up my ally and Im sure many others would be interested in the Wolfenstein II storyline .
Old 31 Oct 17, 16:55
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
I am enjoying the game so far. Wolfenstein II come with a story line that relates with not only WW2 but modern US politics,

Wolfenstein 2' easter eggs take aim at neo-Nazi Trumpism

http://mashable.com/2017/10/31/wolfe.../#PHzFebZI8PqF
Old 14 Nov 17, 07:47
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
I am enjoying the game so far. Wolfenstein II come with a story line that relates with not only WW2 but modern US politics,

Wolfenstein 2' easter eggs take aim at neo-Nazi Trumpism

http://mashable.com/2017/10/31/wolfe.../#PHzFebZI8PqF
This may be why it will be so popular and not condemned, boycotted, and banned for the use of the Nazi Flags by the history revisionist Progressives.

Hopefully, it will not be quite so linear as the last one. Still a good fast paced game.

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”
Old 16 Nov 17, 21:00
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV Ron View Post
This may be why it will be so popular and not condemned, boycotted, and banned for the use of the Nazi Flags by the history revisionist Progressives.

Hopefully, it will not be quite so linear as the last one. Still a good fast paced game.
I like the game, I rented though. I would have bought WF2 is the game had a multiplayer mode. I have been busy with Call of Duty World War 2 which also has some political aspects. And yes, the political aspects of WF2 is graphic and does not relent, we can see here the type of politically motivated game at the 3:50 mark, that WF2 is,

Its almost as if WF2 was meant to be a marketed game that seeks to argue against the so called alt right and what we saw at Charlottesville earlier this year.
Old 28 Nov 17, 03:08
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I have both the PS3 and PS4 copy of the New Order. When I got the PS4 console I stopped playing it on PS3 because obviously I want to experience it on high resolution. I will get the New Colossus when I finish the original story. I love this franchise since Return to Castle Wolfenstein 17 years ago.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
--Frederick II, King of Prussia

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!