StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Africa

Notices and Announcements

Africa Issues of modern Africa.

Old 14 Dec 13, 16:31
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
Why would you assume I am anti Jewish? I am a great supporter of Israel. I often argue on other forums that white liberals are the problem, while others want to make crazy insane accusations against jews.
The Jewish voting block in the US are mostly liberal voters and the last time I looked being Jew is not an issue of black or white. For you however, Jews are WHITE. Ask Jon Stewart if he is white or Sammy Davis if he is a Jew. Of course under a white hood everyone looks the same, even if they are not.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 14 Dec 13, 16:40
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
I would agree that Apartheid is not the worst injustice ever inflicted on Africans (or should I say Bantu?). Maybe not even the worst injustice inflicted upon them by Whites. But what I see in the little parables about the Whites, Blacks, and Lefties is that there is no mention of the Coloreds.

Now the Colored category covered a wide range of peoples, to include the Griqua and other Black Afrikaaners, peoples who were partly descended from early Afrikaaner settlers, and partly from Black Africans, who adopted the Afrikaans language, were members of the Nederduits Gereformde Kerke (Hope I spelled that right), and had a culture quite similar to their Afrikaaner cousins. They even trekked up onto the high Veldt under Adam Kok III.

Treating them as less than White was the great failure of Apartheid and for me underscores the fact that it was, at its base, Jim Crow dressed up in geographic terminology. If was not that the Black Africans were underdeveloped, but rather that a regime claiming to want the best for White Africans failed to grant equal status to even the mixed-bloods who had met them half-way.

If 32 Battalion had been around in the Boer War, perhaps South Africa's history would be different. But it wasn't. Let's hope that Mandela's legacy endures long enough for all sides to become comfortable with each other. No one cried for the Volga Germans either.

Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!
Old 14 Dec 13, 16:41
Banned
United_States

Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99] Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99] Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99] Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99] Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99] Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
The Jewish voting block in the US are mostly liberal voters and the last time I looked being Jew is not an issue of black or white. For you however, Jews are WHITE. Ask Jon Stewart if he is white or Sammy Davis if he is a Jew. Of course under a white hood everyone looks the same, even if they are not.
I wear no white hood, nor am I a bad person. I have a pretty good, clear headed mind that understands history and cultures. Yes, I do post on a racist website, as defined by supposedly "non-racists". That argument is most commonly used against conservatives, people who will not line up and follow politically correct protocol. If you disagree with a liberal, the liberal will call you a racist.
Old 14 Dec 13, 17:21
General of the Forums
France
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
If you disagree with a liberal, the liberal will call you a racist.

I am not a lib,nor a righty,may be an anarchist,maybe..so I will call you a snow-white,or a white spirit,or a white crusader,or a weird person.
Old 14 Dec 13, 17:26
Banned
United_States

Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99] Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99] Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99] Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99] Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99] Jones has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebfrench76 View Post
If you disagree with a liberal, the liberal will call you a racist.

I am not a lib,nor a righty,may be an anarchist,maybe..so I will call you a snow-white,or a white spirit,or a white crusader,or a weird person.
Nevermind. We are a bit off topic here. I doubt this topic is recoverable.
Old 14 Dec 13, 17:27
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Let's see, I use 'off color' jokes, own guns, have pit bulls, am a evangelical christian, voted for prop 8, bash libtards in a second, was the one at a party that cracked a joke about a woman drivers at the gal who wrecked the mars rover...

Question, do you consider me pc???

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 14 Dec 13, 17:32
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
Let's see, I use 'off color' jokes, own guns, have pit bulls, am a evangelical christian, voted for prop 8, bash libtards in a second, was the one at a party that cracked a joke about a woman drivers at the gal who wrecked the mars rover...

Question, do you consider me pc???

Can you elaborate?
Old 14 Dec 13, 17:36
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Visit the old section of the barracks humor...

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 14 Dec 13, 18:05
General of the Forums
United_States

HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400]
HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400] HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirelou View Post
I would agree that Apartheid is not the worst injustice ever inflicted on Africans (or should I say Bantu?). Maybe not even the worst injustice inflicted upon them by Whites. But what I see in the little parables about the Whites, Blacks, and Lefties is that there is no mention of the Coloreds.

Now the Colored category covered a wide range of peoples, to include the Griqua and other Black Afrikaaners, peoples who were partly descended from early Afrikaaner settlers, and partly from Black Africans, who adopted the Afrikaans language, were members of the Nederduits Gereformde Kerke (Hope I spelled that right), and had a culture quite similar to their Afrikaaner cousins. They even trekked up onto the high Veldt under Adam Kok III.

Treating them as less than White was the great failure of Apartheid and for me underscores the fact that it was, at its base, Jim Crow dressed up in geographic terminology. If was not that the Black Africans were underdeveloped, but rather that a regime claiming to want the best for White Africans failed to grant equal status to even the mixed-bloods who had met them half-way.

If 32 Battalion had been around in the Boer War, perhaps South Africa's history would be different. But it wasn't. Let's hope that Mandela's legacy endures long enough for all sides to become comfortable with each other. No one cried for the Volga Germans either.
Interesting, and quite true. Forgot momentarily about the Coloreds. The Apartheid version of what previously had been; and still is to varying degrees, the USA version of "The One Drop Rule". Guess Who would be a perfect applicable example. Yep. Him.
Old 14 Dec 13, 18:09
General of the Forums
United_States

For a example of what I find hilarious.

http://skippyslist.com/list/

Sponsored Links

Old 14 Dec 13, 18:12
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Jr. View Post
Interesting, and quite true. Forgot momentarily about the Coloreds. The Apartheid version of what previously had been; and still is to varying degrees, the USA version of "The One Drop Rule". Guess Who would be a perfect applicable example. Yep. Him.
Some of you pretend that South Africa was the center of racism in the west. It was not, it existed all throughout the European nations and colonies. When those practices were ended in more stable areas of the western world, the white South Africans were left behind to take the blame. Apartheid was a result of the end of the colonial era. It was not a result of anything the white people of South Africa did themselves. They inherited an impossible situation.
Old 14 Dec 13, 18:31
General of the Forums
United_States

How's it impossible? Seems to be okay, Andrew is a white guy who can't type for **** and yet he seems to be gainfully employed. Sorry Andrew for using you as a case study. I also have lysdexia..

For those who don't get it dyslexia is a, oh never mind...

Old 14 Dec 13, 18:39
General of the Forums
United_States

HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400]
HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400] HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
For a example of what I find hilarious.

http://skippyslist.com/list/
This one had me in stitches for some reason...

29. The Irish MPs are not after Me frosted lucky charms.
Old 14 Dec 13, 18:45
General of the Forums
United_States

You should read the gals contribution. Friends of skippy...

http://skippyslist.com/friends/

Old 14 Dec 13, 18:56
General of the Forums
United_States

Have I derailed your thread? Yes. Do I care? No. Am I funny? Your choice...

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!