StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Africa

Notices and Announcements

Africa Issues of modern Africa.

Old 14 Dec 13, 07:22
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewza View Post
No I just not blaming a person but the sytem. If a bus driver crashes because the breaks are broken is it the drivers fault or the companies that did inproper maintaince. I am not making excuses mearly pointing out that these problems where not dedected because they where not lloked for. The entier proces of veting some one needs to change.
Fair enough, no one is blaming 'one person', but I really hope this shakes the system in SA.
Quote:
No but they did have observers there. Same has every other time they have been here. The US are a bit parniod.
As a foreign security team they protect their own VIPs, that's how it's supposed to work. That's how we do it. They are less interested (or have less effect on) the general security plan but rather how to keep their targets safe.
Quote:
This was not the first event he translated for.
Which makes it so much worse...
Old 14 Dec 13, 13:33
Captain
Israel
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Old 14 Dec 13, 22:59
Sergeant Major
United_States

OBX LAB is on the path to success [1-99] OBX LAB is on the path to success [1-99]
[QUOTE=Cheetah772;2703228]It turns out the fake interpreter was accused of kidnapping and murder in 2003. In fact, he has a long list of being charged with various crimes. He was acquitted of some charges but others were mysteriously dropped.

Epic fail on the SA and the US security for this.....stupid....heads should roll
Old 14 Dec 13, 23:23
Sergeant Major
United_States

OBX LAB is on the path to success [1-99] OBX LAB is on the path to success [1-99]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cHLTKZ05zM4

Well....considering this video.....lot of things lack in that screwed up country

Same sign language dude.....OMG

Last edited by OBX LAB; 14 Dec 13 at 23:30..
Old 15 Dec 13, 00:22
General of the Forums
South_Africa
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

andrewza has a spectacular aura about [400]
[QUOTE=OBX LAB;2704145]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah772 View Post
It turns out the fake interpreter was accused of kidnapping and murder in 2003. In fact, he has a long list of being charged with various crimes. He was acquitted of some charges but others were mysteriously dropped.

Epic fail on the SA and the US security for this.....stupid....heads should roll
You do know what the word acquitted means right. He was never found guilty of any thing other than theft in the early 1990s. So has I said befor it would not have facted in to a back round check sence they oy care about what you have been convicted for. Not what you have been charged for. So why should any bodies heads roll? SA judesry is very independed.

CPO Mzinyati
Old 15 Dec 13, 00:29
General of the Forums
South_Africa
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBX LAB View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cHLTKZ05zM4

Well....considering this video.....lot of things lack in that screwed up country

Same sign language dude.....OMG
So 20 years after indpendents americans where not itching to shoot red coats in canda?

America should not talk. Some rich kid got out of jail for 4 murders 11 atympted murders, drunk driving, drug use and theft by sayinh he is rich.

Kind of disproves he is a imposter. Just very very very bad at his job

CPO Mzinyati
Old 15 Dec 13, 00:48
Sergeant Major
United_States

Quote:
So 20 years after indpendents americans where not itching to shoot red coats in canda?
What.....
Old 15 Dec 13, 04:08
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
America should not talk. Some rich kid got out of jail for 4 murders 11 atympted murders, drunk driving, drug use and theft by sayinh he is rich.
What does that have to do with the point..?
Old 15 Dec 13, 04:17
General of the Forums
South_Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani View Post
What does that have to do with the point..?
It was a response to "lot of things lack in that screwed up country", was pointing out that we no more screwed up than every body else. I did not feel the need to do it israel and the countries of other countrubtors to this thread since they never attacked my country but focused on the event.

CPO Mzinyati
Old 15 Dec 13, 04:18
General of the Forums
South_Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBX LAB View Post
What.....
The vedioe was zuma singing shoot the boer.

CPO Mzinyati
Sponsored Links

Old 15 Dec 13, 10:31
General of the Forums
South_Africa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1epl...UKCkyl2LiiNE9g

CPO Mzinyati
Old 15 Dec 13, 11:25
General of the Forums
South_Africa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ygc_TndMpI

CPO Mzinyati
Old 15 Dec 13, 11:57
General of the Forums
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
It was a response to "lot of things lack in that screwed up country", was pointing out that we no more screwed up than every body else. I did not feel the need to do it israel and the countries of other countrubtors to this thread since they never attacked my country but focused on the event.
When apartheid ended I thought to myself: this is going to be messy, ugly, and push South Africa into basket case status. I thought that the wounds would be too raw and painful to be put aside, and that the country was going to have to be bathed in blood before it could begin to heal. I figured it would be like Zimbabwe but with a serious civil war.

I was wrong, and happily so. It has a lot of problems still to be fixed, and those solutions won't happen overnight - there is simply too much to digest in a generation or two, but what has happened so far has exceed the hopes of even the most optimistic. If a charlatan sign reader was the worst thing that happened during the event then I'd say it was small beer. Kudos for handling it all with only minor hitches.

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!
Old 15 Dec 13, 12:05
General of the Forums
South_Africa

here my big beef is that the bloody state broad caster was the only one filming at the funrael and they missed a the missing man formastion, the last post being played and filmined a bunch of bus driving past there cammra at full zoom.: deadhorse:

I mean i am hearing the gripen did the missing man formastion with 8 air craft but i could only hear there engiens.

bloody cammra man should be burried next.

CPO Mzinyati
Old 15 Dec 13, 14:53
Captain
Israel
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100] Yono has demonstrated strength of character [100]
andrewza, as a soldier, how was Mandela viewed from the military end of the country? I have no clue of the SANDF's relation with Mandela whilst he was in power.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!