StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Weapons of War

Notices and Announcements

Weapons of War The machinery of warfare. .

Old 06 Mar 11, 11:33
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceW View Post
Close but no it's a BTR-82
Then I guess the folks at military-today.com are wrong. I'm thinking that you are correct. i've found photos of the BTR-82 that match the photo at this link:

http://www.military-today.com/apc/btr_80a.htm

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!
Old 19 Mar 11, 07:47
Recruit
Canada

obama5493 is a balanced individual [0]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
Took the liberty of moving this out of "Off-Topic". You can't get much more "On" topic than this!

Dr. S.
It has the horzontal volute spring suspension and the upgraded turret. These are the two visible things that make it identifiable as an M4A3.
Old 23 Mar 11, 20:50
Captain
Canada
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99]
probably been posted before

here is one I have not seen before
Attached Images
File Type: jpg not a pershing.jpg (146.7 KB, 27 views)

leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
leo2a6m 'the stan'
leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
leo2a4 can.
Old 23 Mar 11, 23:08
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorchuck View Post
here is one I have not seen before
Looks like a M-29 American heavy tank prototype.
Old 24 Mar 11, 01:10
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torien View Post
I think you may have meant the T-29.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Old 25 Mar 11, 18:17
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung Baby View Post
I think you may have meant the T-29.
Yes, of course you are correct. I got stuck on all of those M-models when I was researching this. Forgot to change to the T-designation.
Old 27 Mar 11, 01:16
Captain
Canada
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Yes, of course you are correct. I got stuck on all of those M-models when I was researching this. Forgot to change to the T-designation.
t29 yup

leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
leo2a6m 'the stan'
leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
leo2a4 can.
Old 27 Mar 11, 15:18
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Does anyone know what tank this is? I was told it's the T-95. Is this really a T-95?

Also, why did Russia terminate this tank project last year? I've read it was going to be the mother of all tanks.
If this is a T-95, it's the first pic of it I've ever seen.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

"The Frost is strong in that Snowflake" ~ Reimnitz

Old 27 Mar 11, 15:20
Second Lieutenant
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Jefffar is on the path to success [1-99] Jefffar is on the path to success [1-99] Jefffar is on the path to success [1-99] Jefffar is on the path to success [1-99] Jefffar is on the path to success [1-99]
I didn't think the Russians had proceeded to the prototype stage yet
Old 27 Mar 11, 16:23
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I think there are a few early prototypes at Kubinka.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Sponsored Links

Old 27 Mar 11, 16:45
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
The turret on that thing oddly looks like the Panther II concept.
Old 27 Mar 11, 16:48
Second Lieutenant
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Jefffar is on the path to success [1-99] Jefffar is on the path to success [1-99] Jefffar is on the path to success [1-99] Jefffar is on the path to success [1-99] Jefffar is on the path to success [1-99]
Well the turret is to be unmanned. All the crew are in the hull.
Old 27 Mar 11, 17:00
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
Does anyone know what tank this is? I was told it's the T-95. Is this really a T-95?

Also, why did Russia terminate this tank project last year? I've read it was going to be the mother of all tanks.
If this is a T-95, it's the first pic of it I've ever seen.
I don't think so, and the Russians are too poor to afford it so it got cancelled.

See this thread.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=59103
Old 27 Mar 11, 17:17
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Went to the site where the image was from and got this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Russian Guy
That's what courage to Gur Khan wrote:
"This was the first self-propelled gun carriage, and then shot her with uzho mast B-4. what we see in the photo - it is nothing more than self-propelled gun carriage - only landfill plant. no sights - loading by hand - shooting" with straps "from the shelter . was made ​​somewhere in the 1998-99gg. <previous meets the miners - in the courtyard artmasterskoy (plant number 1). someone for it ... otgrebet - there restricted area. "
I used Google Translate.

It appears to be some random, unnamed prototype. Some other guys were referring to it as Object 195 (T-95), but it looks nothing like the T-95.

Also, the gun appears to be a 2A83. I'm looking for info on it right now and it seems to be very experimental. I think this was a single prototype that was made, photographed once then tossed out because it turned out to be crap.

Officially it seems that 2A83 was only mounted one 1 tank, and it's not this one. But the owner of the website seems to believe that this AFV does indeed mount a 152mm 2A83 gun. Thus we can conclude that this was off the record. There very well might not be any official records of this tank, or at least non that we have access to.

Last edited by Destroyer25; 27 Mar 11 at 17:42..
Old 27 Mar 11, 20:03
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
Went to the site where the image was from and got this.

I used Google Translate.

It appears to be some random, unnamed prototype. Some other guys were referring to it as Object 195 (T-95), but it looks nothing like the T-95.

Also, the gun appears to be a 2A83. I'm looking for info on it right now and it seems to be very experimental. I think this was a single prototype that was made, photographed once then tossed out because it turned out to be crap.

Officially it seems that 2A83 was only mounted one 1 tank, and it's not this one. But the owner of the website seems to believe that this AFV does indeed mount a 152mm 2A83 gun. Thus we can conclude that this was off the record. There very well might not be any official records of this tank, or at least non that we have access to.
Hi Dest,

I went back to the guy who told me it was a T-95 and said maybe it's not. He then sent me this pic and a Russian site for more info. I thought I'd share it with you guys here.

http://btvt.narod.ru/3/t-95.html

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

"The Frost is strong in that Snowflake" ~ Reimnitz

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!