StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Weapons of War

Notices and Announcements

Weapons of War The machinery of warfare. .

Old 13 Sep 09, 13:55
Second Lieutenant
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Compo is on the path to success [1-99] Compo is on the path to success [1-99] Compo is on the path to success [1-99] Compo is on the path to success [1-99] Compo is on the path to success [1-99]
Any idea why? I can't find anything about it anywhere.
Old 13 Sep 09, 14:06
Captain
Denmark

AEP is on the path to success [1-99] AEP is on the path to success [1-99] AEP is on the path to success [1-99] AEP is on the path to success [1-99] AEP is on the path to success [1-99] AEP is on the path to success [1-99]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Name that tank.jpg (18.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 13 Sep 09, 14:07
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEP View Post

Cromwell IV.

Edit: at a guess 1st RTR, if I've got my numbers right.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.

Last edited by Listy; 13 Sep 09 at 14:19..
Old 13 Sep 09, 14:25
Captain
Denmark

AEP is on the path to success [1-99] AEP is on the path to success [1-99] AEP is on the path to success [1-99] AEP is on the path to success [1-99] AEP is on the path to success [1-99] AEP is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compo View Post
Any idea why? I can't find anything about it anywhere.
Basically, it was an attempt to update the M18 and thereby extend its usefulness.
The M1A1 gun was found lacking against the German Panther tank and it was therefore decided in June 1945 to extend the life of the M18 by adding to it the turret of the M36 Jackson with its more powerful 90 mm M3 gun. Initially, the relatively small M18 chassis could not accommodate the considerable recoil forces generated by this much larger gun. When firing the main gun, the tank was pushed back almost two feet and rocked violently when firing with the turret traversed. To remedy this problem a muzzle break was added to the gun (as illustrated in the image) and this brought recoil forces down to a manageable level. Furthermore, wider tracks were added in order to compensate for the added weight of the larger turret.
Though the concept was proved feasible, the Japanese surrender in Aug 1945 brought an end to the program.
Old 13 Sep 09, 14:33
Captain
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
Cromwell IV.

Edit: at a guess 1st RTR, if I've got my numbers right.
You certainly know your British armour

Here she is: http://www.desertrats.memorialassoc.btinternet.co.uk/
Old 13 Sep 09, 14:36
Captain
Denmark

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Name that tank.jpg (39.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by AEP; 14 Sep 09 at 05:11..
Old 13 Sep 09, 14:38
Second Lieutenant
UK

Compo is on the path to success [1-99] Compo is on the path to success [1-99] Compo is on the path to success [1-99] Compo is on the path to success [1-99] Compo is on the path to success [1-99]
And this?

Oh blow it I left the name in properties!Duh!!

Last edited by Compo; 13 Sep 09 at 14:40..
Old 13 Sep 09, 14:42
Captain
Denmark

Quote:
And this?

Oh blow it I left the name in properties!Duh!!
And we had it just a few page ago
Old 13 Sep 09, 14:45
Second Lieutenant
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEP View Post
And we had it just a few page ago
I'm having a good day aren't I
Old 13 Sep 09, 14:47
Captain
Denmark

Quote:
I'm having a good day aren't I
Don't worry about mate. Just go ahead and post something else
Sponsored Links

Old 13 Sep 09, 17:59
Major
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99]
Have you had this one before?
Old 13 Sep 09, 18:36
Captain
Yugoslavia
5 Year Service Ribbon 

vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicanGuard View Post
Have you had this one before?
Maybe 1929 AMC P 16 modčle 29 ?
Old 13 Sep 09, 18:38
Captain
Yugoslavia
5 Year Service Ribbon 

vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100] vathra has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I think I saw this one recently, but I am not sure if it was here...
Old 13 Sep 09, 18:56
Major
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99] RepublicanGuard is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vathra View Post
Maybe 1929 AMC P 16 modčle 29 ?
That would be it.
Old 13 Sep 09, 19:44
Captain
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by vathra View Post
I think I saw this one recently, but I am not sure if it was here...
You might very well have seen it here. I posted this exact image of the 1955 ELC AMX in post #4085

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!