StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Happening Now > Politics Central

Notices and Announcements

Politics Central An archive of discussions of a political nature that took place here.

Old 20 Apr 10, 10:51
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
Mountain Man, would you say similar things about George Bush jr. and New Orleans?
Spike Lee, among others, certainly did.
during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
Old 20 Apr 10, 10:51
General of the Forums
Australia
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Are American politics really that clear to you all the way from Australia? Maybe you should move to America to get a closer view. He will use the opportunity to make another "Me, Me" speech about his agenda and his
I am not a stupid person and take a keen interest in politics from all around the world. At this moment I am flicking between Fox News, CNN and the BBC as I do most everyday. I read online papers from around the world and read and post on international Politics forums. Sport, War and Politics are really the only things that interest me so if you wonder about my clarity on the matter then maybe you should worry about the news services that report rather than my take on it.

But that is not my issue. My problem is that you pot at everything that your President does rather then focusing on the real problems because all that I see from the Obama haters is a litany of negativity on each and every thing he does and not only is the message you want to get across being lost in the constant bombardment, but it makes you look like nothing more that a sore loser.

Now I obviously do not have to live under that administration but from where I sit I think a highly unqualified (but Nobel prize winning ) man was given the job because Bush was a bad president, he gave good media and the public wanted change for change sake but that is no reason for you to make every tiny thing a political free for all any more than he is right for doing it.

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Last edited by Rojik; 20 Apr 10 at 10:55..
Old 20 Apr 10, 10:56
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron
Mountain Man, would you say similar things about George Bush jr. and New Orleans?
Did. Guess you missed it.
Old 20 Apr 10, 10:59
General of the Forums
United_States

Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The mine deaths were a disaster that touched the nation.

Barak Obama is President of the United States.

Speaking to the nation in its grief is part of his job description as far as I am concerned.
Old 20 Apr 10, 11:21
Lieutenant General
Germany

Acheron has a spectacular aura about [400]
Acheron has a spectacular aura about [400] Acheron has a spectacular aura about [400] Acheron has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Probably, I am new to this forum after all. Anyway, I am glad that you use same standards in this regard.

But I am with Cyberknight, the head of state is to speak when a tragedy befalls the nation, part of the job.
Sponsored Links

Old 20 Apr 10, 11:25
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberknight View Post

Speaking to the nation in its grief is part of his job description as far as I am concerned.
Most everything "touches the nation". Is Obama only "president of the nation" when it's good publicity?

Want to bet that he makes a speech about supporting his agenda?

Remember Bush and the return of the bodies from Iraq. Those parents has the dignity to refuse the presidential presence and his political agenda.
Old 20 Apr 10, 11:37
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
So did Bush.

I can't wait to sit on Sen Lotts pourch again. Did you forget that? Talk about a lot of aid and comfort to the people hardest hit. History isn't a pick and choose to fit ones own political pov.

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Last edited by Half Pint John; 20 Apr 10 at 11:40..
Old 20 Apr 10, 12:13
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Most everything "touches the nation". Is Obama only "president of the nation" when it's good publicity?

Want to bet that he makes a speech about supporting his agenda?

Remember Bush and the return of the bodies from Iraq. Those parents has the dignity to refuse the presidential presence and his political agenda.
I am fine with respecting the wishes of the family, and I am no fan of Obama, obviously, but it is still something a POTUS does.
Old 20 Apr 10, 12:15
General of the Forums
United_States

Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
I am fine with respecting the wishes of the family, and I am no fan of Obama, obviously, but it is still something a POTUS does.
Kabam! And it's out of the ballpark folks!!!

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!
Old 20 Apr 10, 14:27
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500]
Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:

Exactly right. MM and others can't ever pass up ANY opportunity to take cheap shots, just as they have done here. It was to be expected.

Maj. Gen. James Ewell Brown Stuart
Old 20 Apr 10, 14:29
General of the Forums
United_States

Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Spike Lee, among others, certainly did.
Spike Lee suffers from penis envy!

Old 20 Apr 10, 14:37
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass_man86 View Post
[...]

"How to Bash the ACLU in 10 Easy Steps."
I can bash the ACLU in a lot less than 10 easy steps...
Old 20 Apr 10, 14:39
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
In defense of Mountain Man... He bashed Bush from 2004-2008 every bit as hard has he has bashed Obama over the last couple of years.

Old 20 Apr 10, 14:41
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
In defense of Mountain Man... He bashed Bush from 2004-2008 every bit as hard has he has bashed Obama over the last couple of years.

I must have been some place else.

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
Old 20 Apr 10, 14:59
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
I can bash the ACLU in a lot less than 10 easy steps...
They can be a pain in the butt Dave, but they are occasionally useful, well, more useful than the average car dealer anyway; even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!