StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Board & Tabletop Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Board & Tabletop Gaming Board games, miniatures, and other similar games and topics.

Old 06 Sep 10, 01:43
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
More teasing...

I've dropped the first US group. They are quite scattered.
The rendezvous point of the second group has been recorded but will not be revealed until they arrive.
I should mention the game begins with an American move before the Germans arrive.
But you don't tell me the groups or arrival locations until the beginning of the turn they show up.
You will have to record the groups and arrival hexes pre-game and stick to them. No cheating.
Surprises for everyone.
Apologies but I'm not likely to do more until Wednesday.
Expect information that will require your action then.

Last edited by Duncan; 06 Sep 10 at 02:10..
Old 06 Sep 10, 09:53
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Smile Nice drop

on your first group, right by the houses and their cover, just what I might have tried to do as well!!

On the pre-game deployment, can we use the half hexes as well on the table edge or stick to just the full ones?

Next, also on the pre-deployment, so you want us to have ALL the groups (if we go that route...... or perhaps not......) that may come in in later turns pre-determined before the game starts, right? Or just our first group in the Germans side of turn 1 (again if we use other groups?

Cheers, lots of PMing to do in the meantime!!

Tom

OOPS, almost forgot, when we pick deployment hexes for each group, how far apart could they (each squad) be from each other for the group, or would they have to be right next to each other to be in command? Then if we pick (one or both) of those weapons groups we could have another group of their "operators" squads with them when they deploy?

Last edited by TRDG; 06 Sep 10 at 10:00..
Old 06 Sep 10, 11:59
Lieutenant General
United_States

TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Red face Sorry D, one more here.....

I see the specific German squads, then I see the smaller number just after the first big number on the bottom left of the unit, is that the quantity of this squad available for the group?

Like on the armoured cars, I see a 2, so that means 2 are there for the group along with the Tiger. Then a couple of the Pioneers and elite infrantry has a number just like that after the first number on ther bottom left, Is that also the "number" of this squads available IF we pick this group?

Cheers, or if we pick the Elete Infrantry it will only consist of 2 squads of them in total?

Tom
Old 06 Sep 10, 13:46
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDG View Post
on your first group, right by the houses and their cover, just what I might have tried to do as well!!

On the pre-game deployment, can we use the half hexes as well on the table edge or stick to just the full ones?

Next, also on the pre-deployment, so you want us to have ALL the groups (if we go that route...... or perhaps not......) that may come in in later turns pre-determined before the game starts, right? Or just our first group in the Germans side of turn 1 (again if we use other groups?

Cheers, lots of PMing to do in the meantime!!

Tom

OOPS, almost forgot, when we pick deployment hexes for each group, how far apart could they (each squad) be from each other for the group, or would they have to be right next to each other to be in command? Then if we pick (one or both) of those weapons groups we could have another group of their "operators" squads with them when they deploy?
For pre-game deployment you will write down an entry hex for each group. Units of a specific group can enter on or adjacent to that hex. Half hexes are in play.

Yes. Entry hexes for all groups must be pre-determined. Including those that enter on turn 3.
Old 06 Sep 10, 13:52
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Quote:
I see the specific German squads, then I see the smaller number just after the first big number on the bottom left of the unit, is that the quantity of this squad available for the group?

Like on the armoured cars, I see a 2, so that means 2 are there for the group along with the Tiger. Then a couple of the Pioneers and elite infrantry has a number just like that after the first number on ther bottom left, Is that also the "number" of this squads available IF we pick this group?

Cheers, or if we pick the Elete Infrantry it will only consist of 2 squads of them in total?

Tom
No information about group composition is on the counters. I posted the counters for indentification purposes only. They give no information about group composition.

That little number is called a "smoke exponent." It's the chance out of six that smoke is available during movement.

The number you are looking at on the armour is called "rate of fire." It's the chance out of six that the thing gets to fire again. Mortars and MGs also have this in a box on the right side of the counter.

Last edited by Duncan; 06 Sep 10 at 13:55..
Sponsored Links

Old 06 Sep 10, 13:57
Lieutenant General
United_States

Red face Thanks

Now I am getting the hang of it, Mike was telling me about that after I posted that about the numbers, as we are a little lost on the "specific" group in what it will include, as you probably noticed (sorry bud but I'm fired up over here!!!) in my PM.

Cheers, have a great holiday wth teh wife and friends and I'll see ya here wednesday!!

Tom and Co
Old 06 Sep 10, 14:03
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Quote:
Now I am getting the hang of it, Mike was telling me about that after I posted that about the numbers, as we are a little lost on the "specific" group in what it will include, as you probably noticed (sorry bud but I'm fired up over here!!!) in my PM.

Cheers, have a great holiday wth teh wife and friends and I'll see ya here wednesday!!

Tom and Co
Don't think about the groups - other than maybe wether you want fast reaction or strong reaction and where would be good entry spots. Groups can enter from different locations. Multiple groups can enter from the same location if you like. I haven't given you any information on group composition. I will when I have some free time.
Old 06 Sep 10, 14:08
Lieutenant General
United_States

Talking Got it

we have some plans in hand already as to where we might enter, just not with what, LOL

Cheers, time for some sleep for me, or maybe some

Tom
Old 08 Sep 10, 04:11
Lieutenant General
United_States

Exclamation Nice

Time to get to work and choose my fellow Germans

Cheers, some tough decisions, but I see potential!!

When would you like to know when we have decided and have our secret deployment set Duncan?

Tom and Co
Old 08 Sep 10, 04:18
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Quote:
Time to get to work and choose my fellow Germans

Cheers, some tough decisions, but I see potential!!

When would you like to know when we have decided and have our secret deployment set Duncan?

Tom and Co
Whenever you like. No hurry.
Keep in mind two things.
  1. The game is only six turns long.
  2. The Americans move first. They'll be running for cover before you enter the board.

Last edited by Duncan; 08 Sep 10 at 04:21..
Old 08 Sep 10, 04:36
Lieutenant General
United_States

Wink

There won't be a base force. There will be six groups, from which you choose three to five. Choosing one group doesn't exclude any other group from being chosen. How many groups you get will depend on how quickly you want to react.
  • You can have three groups on turn 1
  • You can have two groups on turn 1 and two on turn 3
  • You can have one group on turn 1 and four on turn 3
Got it on the time you want this done, so say by the latest by this upcoming Tuesday evening. We shold have it well before then, but who knows what might come up?

Now on the quote from above then what you posted on the last one, there is no change from each of them, right?

Now on the armour, can you give us the blow by blow on the stats, as to movement, number of shots per turn and any other armour stuff that we may need to know, as we hav'nt played armour yet. And the numbers on the vehicles please as to what they mean.

Does the Tiger get MG shots as well as the main gun each turn? No Idea here.

Cheers, thanks bud looking forward to matching witts with you again and having a good time playing with you again.

Good luck sir on your Para's!!

Tom
Old 08 Sep 10, 13:39
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

No changes to the groups. You pick the groups but can't change their composition.

I'll try and post something about armour tomorrow. Got a date with my bike and a book today.
Old 09 Sep 10, 04:57
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Does this do anything for you or is it too much?
http://texas-asl.com/download/Aidepions.pdf
Old 09 Sep 10, 05:40
Lieutenant General
United_States

Red face I

could'nt get on that link as I got a message that something is already in use

No idea, but just explain the stats on the Tiger and the armorued cars please? Rate of fire, movement and any vehicle rules we should know about.

Cheers,Thanks!!

Tom
Old 09 Sep 10, 12:29
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
No idea, but just explain the stats on the Tiger and the armorued cars please? Rate of fire, movement and any vehicle rules we should know about.
I'll make an attempt at that:

The Tiger has RED 12 movement points (MP). It has the possiblity of breaking its transmission every time it starts. 12MP is slow. Open ground costs 1. Hills cost 5. Road costs 1/2 but the comander has to be exposed to enemy fire. Woods and buildings cost 6MP but you could get stuck (bog) or lose the tank when it falls through the floor of a building. The bazookas have a slim chance of killing it as the armour is thick (11 and 8 on the right side of the counter). The 88L gun packs a wallop if it hits infantry. The MGs are potent too (3/5 for 8 factors of machineguns on the lower right). The boxed 1 means it has a ROF of 1 and that means it has a 1 in 6 chance of shooting again when it shoots.

The armoured cars have 33 MPs. They are really speedy along roads as roads only cost 1/2MP. However open ground costs them 3 and hills cost 7. They can't enter woods and buildings. They can easily be killed by bazookas. The mortars and american machine guns are a threat as well as the armour is thin (3 and 1 on right side) . Their armament is 20L(6) which means you can either shoot it as a gun or use it as a super machine gun with 6 firepower. It has a ROF of 2 so it has a 2 in 6 chance of getting another shot. It has a 5 factor coaxial machine gun (-/5) on the bottom right.

Vehicle rules you should know about:
Vehicles are great for cutting rout paths. Break some enemy infantry and then move the vehicles behind the broken guys so they must but can not rout. The broken infantry is eliminated or captured. Remember than dead men can't rally.

Vehicles can enter enemy occupied hexes. A unit in an enemy occupied hex can not shoot out of it. There are many many tactical advantages that can accrue if you do this. I'll let you figure them out yourself. There is of course risk. The enemy could kill your tank.

They can attack during movement. They can overrun. The tiger is good for a 16FP overrun. The armoured cars are good for a 20FP over run. Overruns cost 1/4 of the vehicles movement.

The vehicles might have smoke dispensers that might place smoke during movement. You'll need to see the back of the counters for that. A Crew Exposed vehicle can also attempt to place smoke grenades.

You can use armoured assault. The vehicle and infantry move together (only as far as the infantry can go ) and the vehicle provides cover. This is great for crossing open ground. It turns -2 modified shots into +0 modified shots.

I hope that helps.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!