StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Board & Tabletop Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Board & Tabletop Gaming Board games, miniatures, and other similar games and topics.

Old 12 Feb 11, 21:56
Lieutenant Colonel
Kenya
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Raffle Winning and an Interview

I know this is a bit of patting myself on the back but I would like to share it with all of you. This past month I got an email saying I won the 2011 New Year's Raffle at the Table Top Titans website. By winning the raffle I was given the opportunity to request one wargaming item to be made or painted for me. I requested a thatched roof house to use with my Vikings and WWII gaming. I also had the honor of being interviewed by Gabriel, one of the guys who runs the site. He then posted the interview to his website. I do not have alot of wargaming friends to share this with and I got a look from my wife so I hope that some of you board and miniature gamers can appreciate it. I did a small write up about it with pictures on my blog: The Command Tent. You can see the article on the project itself here: 2011 Raffle Winner Project and you can see the interview here: Interview with Dan. These kind of things done amongst people within in this hobby are one of the reasons I have really enjoyed getting into wargaming. For the most part I have found it to be a very fun and supportive group of people, most of which I have only communicated with via email, websites and blogs; hence my reason for sharing it on this forum. Thanks for reading

The picture below in the spoiler is of the house I won with some of my Vikings figures. It is a large picture which is the reason for the making it a spoiler.

Thanks for looking!!
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 12 Feb 11, 22:25
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Congratulations DJ...

Old 12 Feb 11, 23:00
Gunnery Sergeant
Canada

JohnnySideburns is on the path to success [1-99] JohnnySideburns is on the path to success [1-99] JohnnySideburns is on the path to success [1-99]
Very Cool. Thanks for sharing.
Old 13 Feb 11, 12:47
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
Very cool! Congratulations!
Old 14 Feb 11, 21:23
Brigadier General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

MetalDog has a spectacular aura about [400]
MetalDog has a spectacular aura about [400] MetalDog has a spectacular aura about [400]
Awesome for you, DJ!

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!