StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Board & Tabletop Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Board & Tabletop Gaming Board games, miniatures, and other similar games and topics.

Old 17 Mar 11, 10:37
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400]
Question The Perfect Captain Miniatures Rules

Has anyone come across this before? I have downloaded a bunch of stuff and looked it over, in particular the Red Actions part. Looks like a pretty neat little ruleset and they have the foundations of a campaign system as well.
Quote:
What is The Perfect Captain?

We are a small group of gamers with some big ideas! We like to play and design boardgames, miniatures rules, and campaign games for a host of periods. We have a yahoo group that supports our products. By the way, maybe we should mention that our goods are totally FREE!

Link . . . .
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 17 Mar 11, 11:03
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
I have a toe in the minis pool so that I can speak marginally intelligently about it.

And I know just enough to know that there are far more minis rules out there than I could possibly imagine

Sorry, I wish I could help. Hopefully you can get a group together, do some gaming, and let us know how you liked it.
Old 17 Mar 11, 13:46
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I've downloaded a few things with the intention of looking thru them, then never did. I do like some of the graphics tho - fun and lighthearted without being too cartoony.
Old 17 Mar 11, 21:00
Lieutenant Colonel
Kenya
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I have heard of them but never played or really looked through them. I just now gave the "Red Action" a quick look through and it looks interesting.

You looking to get into miniatures gaming DD?

Thanks for looking!!
Old 18 Mar 11, 02:57
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDJ View Post
I have heard of them but never played or really looked through them. I just now gave the "Red Action" a quick look through and it looks interesting.

You looking to get into miniatures gaming DD?
Thinking about it. Since I live in the woods with the nearest gamers likely 60+ miles away I gotta find another way to "play" so I have been looking at trying to use Fantasy Grounds. Maybe we can run some tests of the copy I have?
Old 18 Mar 11, 09:16
Lieutenant Colonel
Kenya
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] SoccerDJ has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Sounds interesting. How would you go about doing it?

Thanks for looking!!
Old 18 Mar 11, 09:53
General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDJ View Post
Sounds interesting. How would you go about doing it?
Would need an "image" to use as the base map and then create all the units and other "markers" from image files as tokens so they can be moved around on the map. This includes "ruler" type images to use for measuring or some common maneuver templates. For dice we can use the built in ones for Fantasy Grounds.

I'll try to put something together over the next few days and post some screenshots.
Old 18 Mar 11, 10:39
Lieutenant General
United_States

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
Would Aide-de-Camp be of use to you?

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/product...ADC2-Main.html
Old 18 Mar 11, 11:15
General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBlade View Post
Would Aide-de-Camp be of use to you?

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/product...ADC2-Main.html
I have considered that and of course VASSAL. Not sure they would fit what I am trying to do though. With Fantasy Grounds I can upload images as needed while the game is in progress and it has a built in chat screen. Sorta stumbling along atm contemplating what can be exploited to the best effect.

Last edited by Double Deuce; 18 Mar 11 at 11:19..
Old 18 Mar 11, 11:18
Lieutenant General
United_States

I have a copy of Fantasy Grounds around here somewhere but never used it.

I know it has some cool features. Just wanted to be sure you hadn't overlooked the obvious. Let us know how it goes
Sponsored Links

Old 18 Mar 11, 11:34
General
United_States

Ok, that won't work. With FG you cannot have anyone but the HOST resize and zoom the map so whoever is NOT hosting can only see the map based on what the Host is seeing on his screen.

Maybe MapTools, then?

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!