StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Board & Tabletop Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Board & Tabletop Gaming Board games, miniatures, and other similar games and topics.

Old 25 Feb 11, 12:10
Private
United_States

RustyColeman is a balanced individual [0]
The Battle for Normandy GMT Danny Holte

Great game for the landings and paradrops. Lots of rules and becomes the expected, realistic, slugfest.
Old 25 Feb 11, 12:25
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Developing/playtesting a few different things right now... trying to scrape together the cash to, well... to get the family by first, then to get the games published.
Old 25 Feb 11, 13:08
Private
Canada

Barthheart is on the path to success [1-99]
Lock 'n Load's Dawn's Early Light.

Great fun.
Old 25 Feb 11, 13:46
Captain
United_States

BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barthheart View Post
Lock 'n Load's Dawn's Early Light.

Great fun.
Old 26 Feb 11, 00:54
Private First Class
United_States

hipshot is on the path to success [1-99]
What I'm playing!!! I am busy busy!

I just gotten back into board games (last July or so).
I have setup at moment:
CC:P

WaW:

and....my ongoing saga regarding the 2nd Punic War in GBoH:

see my youtube channel with video AARS at utube...../hipshot0710 (I cant post links yet....)

I am currently trying to learn TCS gaming system by Dean Essig.
I desperately want to play A Victory Denied, Road to Leningrad, and Samurai...oh and Atlantic Wall and Bitterwoods.
I have a VASSAL game or two going. (someone asked about VASSAL) - note its just a digital copy of your game. No AI. so you play it yourself or live or PBEM against another person.
Very good tool. So is Suntzu if u have a pc.

Last edited by hipshot; 26 Feb 11 at 15:55..
Sponsored Links

Old 26 Feb 11, 11:30
Private First Class
United_States

hipshot is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayonetBrant View Post
Developing/playtesting a few different things right now... trying to scrape together the cash to, well... to get the family by first, then to get the games published.
Brant, do you till run Bayonet Games? If you dont mind me asking (I'm really curious about the folks who design games ... about passion!) what else do you do for a day job?
What spurred your interest in designing games?
If this needs to go into a new thread then I shall start one...dont want to be that hijack guy!
Old 26 Feb 11, 13:29
Captain
United_States

still running it, but the lack of solid day job right now is significantly interfering with getting things seriously accomplished on that front.

I like tinkering with games, so it only makes sense that I'd eventually start writing my own.
Old 28 Feb 11, 13:04
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100] TomDeFranco has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipshot View Post
I just gotten back into board games (last July or so).
I have setup at moment:
CC:P

WaW:

and....my ongoing saga regarding the 2nd Punic War in GBoH:

see my youtube channel with video AARS at utube...../hipshot0710 (I cant post links yet....)

I am currently trying to learn TCS gaming system by Dean Essig.
I desperately want to play A Victory Denied, Road to Leningrad, and Samurai...oh and Atlantic Wall and Bitterwoods.
I have a VASSAL game or two going. (someone asked about VASSAL) - note its just a digital copy of your game. No AI. so you play it yourself or live or PBEM against another person.
Very good tool. So is Suntzu if u have a pc.
Please let me know what problems you encounter with TCS. I'll be glad to help.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!