StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Board & Tabletop Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Board & Tabletop Gaming Board games, miniatures, and other similar games and topics.

Old 12 Feb 11, 16:00
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I, for one, will will be inspecting my entire dice collection now. I have two sets of "lucky dice," and I'm worried about their condition.

And I was relieved to see that other people have "lucky dice." I thought I was a freak. My PC-killing dice are rarely used, and feared by all.
"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG
Old 12 Feb 11, 21:06
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100]
my streak-buster die is a solid steel d20 that I got in an Iron Heroes accessory kit.

the rest of the kit was kind of mediocre - typical DD3E power-gaming fare, but that solid d20 made it totally worth it. I've even had to take it out of my carry-on once to show that it wasn't a weapon.

It's not weighted, or unbalanced, or anything else. It just seems to know what we need: rolls high when you need a high roll, and low when you need a low roll. But you can't abuse it. It has to be used stopping a significant bad streak of rolls. You can't use it just 'cuz you think you need a big roll. It doesn't just roll 20s or anything. it rolls what you need when you need to break a streak. Sometimes it rolls a 13 when you needed a 12+, but so far, it's pretty infallible. I love it.
Old 14 Feb 11, 00:13
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I don't know if dice get old but earlier today I did notice that when I rolled my Mechwarrior dice, they started complaining about their backs hurting.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)
Old 14 Feb 11, 02:13
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok View Post
I don't know if dice get old but earlier today I did notice that when I rolled my Mechwarrior dice, they started complaining about their backs hurting.
They might just need the batteries changed in their Heat Sinks. I hear sufficient heat is good for aches and pains.
Old 22 Feb 11, 14:51
Private
Canada

flatlander37 is on the path to success [1-99]
I now know why my old Dungeons and Dragons dice from the red box are so chipped and wore out. I also have ideas about how to shave some dice and kick my brother's but at Tide of Iron. heh heh. (not really)
Sponsored Links

Old 22 Feb 11, 16:51
Staff Sergeant
United_States

welshdragon is on the path to success [1-99] welshdragon is on the path to success [1-99] welshdragon is on the path to success [1-99]
So far my dice are working as well as ever...or so my wife has told me
Old 23 Feb 11, 09:54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayonetBrant View Post
my streak-buster die is a solid steel d20 that I got in an Iron Heroes accessory kit.

the rest of the kit was kind of mediocre - typical DD3E power-gaming fare, but that solid d20 made it totally worth it. I've even had to take it out of my carry-on once to show that it wasn't a weapon.

It's not weighted, or unbalanced, or anything else. It just seems to know what we need: rolls high when you need a high roll, and low when you need a low roll. But you can't abuse it. It has to be used stopping a significant bad streak of rolls. You can't use it just 'cuz you think you need a big roll. It doesn't just roll 20s or anything. it rolls what you need when you need to break a streak. Sometimes it rolls a 13 when you needed a 12+, but so far, it's pretty infallible. I love it.
The Holy Grail of dice. That's cool.

Like I said, nobody wants loaded dice, but we all want lucky dice.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!